Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• What's wrong with Bradley Wright Phillips?.He should be in the Charlton teams above my post.
  • Although he did well least season, and know it's a confidence thing, I feel if we wouldve had someone different upfront they would have scored more... Kerm put so many on a plate for him
  • Hayes to Brentford
    About 10 miles!! boom boom!

• Hamer
    Solly Morisson Osbourne Wiggins
    Quinn Hollands Jackson Wordsworth
    Kermit S.Jackson/Baldock

And I'll be over the moon... That team would go up
    Really hoping for Wordsworth. He's a young Jacko and would be a fantastic signing.

Have to say that's a very strong team. Reminds me a bit of a Curbs lineup. Width on one wing (Quinn) and three that tuck in and are interchangeable. Only concern that would be 4 left footers in the middle and, with the exception of Quinn, isn't particularly fast.
    In reserve don't forget Haynes, BWP too. Green, Waggy, Stephens. Taylor, Evina, Cort,

Just goes to show we aren't too far from having a decent team though
  • Christni can't wait for this season....going to be amazing...
  • Quinn's not really an out and out winger or pacey is he? Got the impression he's
    more of a playmaker playing out wide.
  • Quinn's not really an out and out winger or pacey is he? Got the impression he's
    Saw him hurt us at Bramall 3 or 4 years ago. Tricky and nippy on the wing I recall

• Any updates on Baldock? Really hope we sign him, he's brilliant!
  • Hayes to Brentford
    what's that about?
  • Clarke to Crawley or Hayes to Brentford?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hamer
    Solly Morisson Osbourne Wiggins
    Quinn Hollands Jackson Wordsworth
    Kermit S.Jackson/Baldock

And I'll be over the moon... That team would go up
    Like others I would like the signings listed on this team ,but I'm not sure of the balance of the side if the whole mid field was left footed . I suspect if we got Quinn we would not go for Wordsworth although both are quality players .

• i havent seen enough of wordsworth to decide if he is any good or not.

can someone that has seen him play, explain to me what kind of player and what exactly he does at colchester ?
  • edited May 2012
    i havent seen enough of wordsworth to decide if he is any good or not.

can someone that has seen him play, explain to me what kind of player and what exactly he does at colchester ?
    He scored an absolute belter against us when we lost 2-0 to Colchester. He is essentially a younger Jackson with a bit more pace.

He scored an absolute belter against us when we lost 4-2 to Colchester. He is essentially a younger Jackson with a bit more pace.
    When did we loose 4-2 to Colchester then?

• I thought it was Charlton 0 Colchester 2.

He scored an absolute belter against us when we lost 4-2 to Colchester. He is essentially a younger Jackson with a bit more pace.
    When did we loose 4-2 to Colchester then?

@Clem_Snide Got it mixed up with the Notts County defeat, yes we only lost 2-0 to Colchester.
  • What's all this with Karleigh Osbourne? Are we playing Football Manager here? He's a player who unfortunately hasn't amounted to anything.
  • What's all this with Karleigh Osbourne? Are we playing Football Manager here? He's a player who unfortunately hasn't amounted to anything.
    We were interested in him this time last year & some seem to have forgotten that we've just won promotion so will need a few better quality additions
  • I think that we can do better than Osbourne - I would rather play Cort or Taylor alongside Morro, tbh.
  • Martin Cranie out of contract at coventry this summer, would anyone take him as defensive cover?
  • Sponsored links:

• No, no ,no, no ,no.
  • Martin Cranie out of contract at coventry this summer, would anyone take him as defensive cover?
    Good god! No! Hopeless under Pardew.

RUBBISH....NO WAY!

• Think we should be very cautious about signing players being released by recently relegated from the championship sides.

Just my opinion as well, but I don't think Hollands is good enough for a team chasing promotion from the Championship. Not saying I expect or demand we go after promotion this year and if we're just looking to survive he'll be fine but imo we will need better once the promotion push comes and i think the same goes for 4 or 5 others of last years regulars. Gawd bless em all for the great job they did last season, but we need to be realistic about their limitations too.
  • ACAC
    edited May 2012
    Can't believe some people on here don't rate Hollands. Easily one of our best players. He played his best football when hughes was with him in the centre playing defensively. I would have thought Grant Leadbitter would be a perfect partner but he's just signed for Middlesborough.

My new team would be:

Hamer
    Solly Morro ??? Wiggins
    ??? Hollands ??? Jacko(c)
    Kermorgant BWP

This is not to say that I don't rate Taylor/Cort/Green/Waggy/Stephens but if I had to be ruthless I would say those are the weakest positions in the team right now.
    Martin Cranie out of contract at coventry this summer, would anyone take him as defensive cover?
    Good god! No! Hopeless under Pardew.

This x100000000000
  • Can't believe some people on here don't rate Hollands. Easily one of our best players. He played his best football when hughes was with him in the centre playing defensively. I would have thought Grant Leadbitter would be a perfect partner but he's just signed for Middlesborough.

Agree. I think Hollands is not only capable of stepping up but I reckon he'll be one of our top performers in the Championship.

Saw him hurt us at Bramall 3 or 4 years ago. Tricky and nippy on the wing I recall

Yeah 4 years ago...
  • Can't believe some people on here don't rate Hollands. Easily one of our best players. He played his best football when hughes was with him in the centre playing defensively. I would have thought Grant Leadbitter would be a perfect partner but he's just signed for Middlesborough.

Agree. I think Hollands is not only capable of stepping up but I reckon he'll be one of our top performers in the Championship.

this.
  • Ronaldinho on a free please :')
    Would be money well spent!

Yeah 4 years ago...
    He's 26 - hardly going to have become a lumbering cart horse

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!