Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Hamer
    Solly Morro Cort Wiggins
    Waggy Jacko Hollands ???
    Kermorgant BWP

Not much needed other than cover IMO
  • Hamer
    Solly Morro Cort Wiggins
    Waggy Jacko Hollands ???
    Kermorgant BWP

Not much needed other than cover IMO
    I tend to agree. Would be foolish to change a winning team that has momentum. Don't think Powell will tinker too much.

A mix of promising youngsters and Wordsworth type player, I reckon.
  • I wouldn't mind Steve Simonsen as competition for Hamer, now he's on a free, but I would imagine CAFC would be happy to leave Hamer as established No1 and that Simonsen would not want to join a club unless he was the guaranteed No1.

There's not been many Championship signings so far, so I don't think anyone should be concerned at the lack of signings. We are only just into June. People are still on holiday.
    Portsmouth pair Pearce and Ward have gone to Leeds & Palace. I wouldn't have minded one of those joining us, but other than that I've not been jealous by any of the other confirmed transfers. Ward/Pearce would have been good players for us. We'd only need one of them, and they are versatile so could fill in at full back if required. But maybe Powell has an even better defender lined up.
  • We probably need another striker bearing in mind that Haynes is injury prone. I'd like to see us take Adlene Guedioura from Wolves.
  • edited June 2012
    Splodge Guedioura plays anywhere across the midfield though doesnt he? I would say Wolves will definitely look to keep him. My forest mate raves over him and said it was basically him higginbotham elokobi mccleary and gunter that kept them up. He also reckons they are already down next year having to lose all 5 and with no ability to replace anyone.
  • edited June 2012
    Quinn's not really an out and out winger or pacey is he? Got the impression he's
    more of a playmaker playing out wide.
    Saw him hurt us at Bramall 3 or 4 years ago. Tricky and nippy on the wing I recall

Yeah 4 years ago...
    He's 26 - hardly going to have become a lumbering cart horse

Quinn is the best player in league 1 imo. Would be a great signing.
  • http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/254007/Charlton-after-Cardiff-target-Stuart-Beavon/
    Great informative journalism that
    A whole page on a fifteen word story. That looks like my son's homework.
  • We are tracking Keith Andrews of WBA.
  • anyone bought the SLP this morning?
  • anyone bought the SLP this morning?
    I haven't bought one but thats what it said,we are tracking Keith Andrews.

• Sponsored links:

• charlton are in the hunt for keith andrews west brom midfielder 31 whos out of contract this summer,andrews made the cut for the republic squad for euro 2012,The box to box midfielder scored 9 goals during a 5 month loan spell with ipswich last season before moving to west brom he made 14 app and netted in a 5-1 win at wolves league one champions charlton are looking for quality.

Courtesy of Ackworth.

• Good player he is.
  • Good player he is.
    Thanks Yoda...;-)
  • Haha thought that as soon as I wrote it.

Yoda I am
  • I think Andrews would be an excellent signing...he looked good at West Brom!
  • Keith Andrews would be a good acquisition to the squad. Just the sort of experienced player we need in the midfield.
  • Surely that means Hughes is going then
  • Andrews would be a quality signing
  • Hang on, wasn't the Andrews link from Ackworth?
  • 32 in sept. Too old or there to provide experience?
  • Sponsored links:

• That would be a great first signing in my book, excellent player. Exactly what we need for the Championship.
  • Said that to my mate about 2 months ago. Exactly what we need IMO.
  • 32 in sept. Too old or there to provide experience?
    Paul Scholes is 35. Giggs is 38 nearly. Totally different kettle of fish I know, but still.
  • Would be a brilliaint signing imo... Experience and a bit of class added to the midfield
  • How far off are we from signing him?
  • Splodge Guedioura plays anywhere across the midfield though doesnt he? I would say Wolves will definitely look to keep him. My forest mate raves over him and said it was basically him higginbotham elokobi mccleary and gunter that kept them up. He also reckons they are already down next year having to lose all 5 and with no ability to replace anyone.
    My Dad's a Wolves fan and we reckon they should want to keep him, but he wasn't in the frame under McCarthy or Connor. Connor is of course still there, but the new manager may give him a chance, unless they feel he's already practically left. He can play central midfield or on the right. Probably a player we could afford wages-wise, as I doubt Wolves would have paid him huge salaries.

• Great journalism from the Express there... "and Charlton striker Yann". Unless the journo is on first name terms with Kermy!
  • Great journalism from the Express there... "and Charlton striker Yann". Unless the journo is on first name terms with Kermy!
    He probably couldn't spell his surname.

• Yann the Man is a global legend now!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!