Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Craig Mackail Smith and Michael Turner... names ive heard whispered around the valley....
    reckon we'd have more chance signing Craig Revell-Horwood and Michael Flatley!

Now that would really get them through the turnstiles.
  • Great informative journalism that
  • That's probably up there with the worst piece of journalism I've seen in my life.
  • That's probably up there with the worst piece of journalism I've seen in my life.
    Absolutely.
    For those who don't want to click the link, here are the contents in full:

Headline:
    "Charlton after Cardiff target Stuart Beavon"
    Full story:
    "Charlton hope to pip Cardiff in the race to sign Wycombe striker Stuart Beavon, 28"
    Caption under picture of Chris Powell:
    "ABOVE:Charlton hope to pip Cardiff in the race to sign Wycombe striker Stuart Beavon"
    Highlighted quote (unattributed):
    "Charlton hope to pip Cardiff in the race to sign Wycombe striker Stuart Beavon"

By:
    "Daily Star Reporter"

Not surprising nobody's willing to put their name to it.
    If it wasn't so pathetic it'd be funny.
  • just seen huddersfield have released Gary Roberts, could be decent back up?
  • West Ham believed to have offered cash plus a player (Baldock?) for Rhodes.
  • Can't see any chance of Turner dropping down a division. Also would we want Mickail-Smith? Looked great in L1 but we're not there anymore. Only scored 9 last year so not exactly prolific at this level.
  • edited May 2012
    Why do we want Stuart Beavon? Isn't he getting on a bit, and they had to take Paul Hayes to score a few goals? I hope this isn't a case of the Leon Clarkes...
  • edited May 2012
    Not sure about Beavon either but he has (I slightly fear saying this) the slight touch of the Super Clive about him. We signed Clive who whilst great was not renowned fir bring a goal scoring machine. He was a 1 in 3 over his career but for Grimsby he got better towards the end. If Beavon can do the same in his late 20s and early 30s we could have a bargain
  • Sponsored links:

• Given Beavon's previous record, I hope that we are after other forwards.
  • Not sure about Beavon either but he has (I slightly fear saying this) the slight touch of the Super Clive about him. We signed Clive who whilst great was not renowned fir bring a goal scoring machine.
    The thing about Mendonca, apart from being a useful target man for a little guy, was that he made lots of his own chances out of nothing. Not seen enough of Beavon but he doesn't seem great at either.
  • Not sure about Beavon either but he has (I slightly fear saying this) the slight touch of the Super Clive about him. We signed Clive who whilst great was not renowned fir bring a goal scoring machine.
    The thing about Mendonca, apart from being a useful target man for a little guy, was that he made lots of his own chances out of nothing. Not seen enough of Beavon but he doesn't seem great at either.
    Mendonca was a genius, his hattrick is the evidence you need for that. However Beavon may be a late bloomer, he looked ok at the Valley
  • 27 goals in 105 games for Wycombe. Most of those last season. Dont want him. We can do better.
  • 27 goals in 105 games for Wycombe. Most of those last season. Dont want him. We can do better.
    Lets hope so !
  • looks like another benson to me, don't need him.
  • Can't we just wait and see. If SCP wants him then I will trust his judgement. If he doesn't then I trust his judgement there too. Why overly critisise a lad who probably won't be coming our way anyway and why decide he's no good before he kicks a ball. Chill.
  • Can't we just wait and see. If SCP wants him then I will trust his judgement. If he doesn't then I trust his judgement there too. Why overly critisise a lad who probably won't be coming our way anyway and why decide he's no good before he kicks a ball. Chill.
    Totally agree
  • Fair enough
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP
    Got a #cafc transfer line for tomorrow's paper. Makes a pleasant change. It has been way too quiet of late.
  • Sponsored links:

• On the football subsection of the Newsnow website we are listed as a league one club rather than a championship one.some mistake there surely.? Does anyone know when this error might be remedied ?
  • On the football subsection of the Newsnow website we are listed as a league one club rather than a championship one.some mistake there surely.? Does anyone know when this error might be remedied ?
    Matters little. The mighty Football Rumours site lists us as Championship and surely that's all that matters ;0)
    Give it time.
    Got a #cafc transfer line for tomorrow's paper. Makes a pleasant change. It has been way too quiet of late.
    Apparently it's not about Beavon either!
    Apparently it's not about Beavon either!
    who apparently is it?
  • Probably N'Guessan
  • Michael Jacobs of Northampton i think it is. Supposedly had a bid turned down.
  • Exciting
  • Don't want Jacobs. He's crackers ;0)
  • Can I be the first to say he is Cobblers
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!