Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Looks like he is off to Celtic and they are still intrested in Yann -http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/323335/Neil-Lennon-moves-for-Keith-Andrews-to-boost-Celtic-midfield
    The Championship is higher level than the SPL though so you never know.

Andrews would be a great signing, he was good in the Prem this year and would be even better in the Championship.
  • sounds more like hughes is staying rather than he is leaving
  • Murphy has been released from Fulham.
  • does that not just say he is looking forward to playing them?
  • Murphy would want to play for a "Bigger Team" ;)
  • You will need to ask his wife.
  • Murphy will be off to West Ham
    And break his leg in the first game too with luck!
    And break his leg in the first game too with luck!
    Harsh.

• Sponsored links:

• I should be seeing Dave martin tomorrow.

I know I told most people last year about him joining us and nothing came about it, but if I see him tomorrow ill try and find out what happened
  • so what was cawley's news then?
  • Keith Andrews.
  • Joel Ward has joined Palace, think that's a good signing
  • Joel Ward has joined Palace, think that's a good signing
    Yeah he's a good player
  • No chance Andy Hughes will be with us next season. He didn't play since January, and it was never clear why when he had done a good job up until then. Why did Wiggins play RB v Rochdale/Bury when Solly was out? Why didn't Hughes play when we had Stephens out?
  • Keith Andrews completely murdered Barnsley when I saw them play Ipswich on telly. Dragged them back into the game from 3-0 down at half time for a 5-3 win
  • edited June 2012
    Heard from a friend tonight that Martyn Waghorn is close to signing.

Come on here and saw the Paul Hayes thread and it makes sense...
    Not a goalscorer and stats aren't great but... only 22 years old and played over 90 career games, a lot of them in the Championship. Fell down the pecking order last season at Leicester, season before that played 43 games scoring 12. Also has history here on loan. Then he went onto working with Sir Chris under Sven and I'm guessing played with Morrison too.
    Fits the SCP bill and my friend has been right before on Charlton signings.
    What do we think??
  • Liked him when he was last with us and rated him elsewhere
  • Hayes to Brentford and Clarke to Crawley is definitely on.

Really liked Waghorn even he was here for some reason and wouldn't mind him coming back at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• We can't have two Waggys!

He hasn't developed as much as we everyone thought he would tbh. He's only 22 and if he signs I could see CP getting the best out of him.
  • I saw him for their youth team against ours in a cup game and he bossed it. Lovely touch and vision

Remember Leics paid over £2m for him a couple if years ago...

I'd be happy
  • When Waghorn came to us on loan he was a promising teenager. At 22, he's going to be a bit bigger, a bit stronger and have a little bit more nouse. MW would be a good addition to the squad.
  • edited June 2012
    Hopefully the fact that he scored his first ever professional goal with us at the valley will persuade him to join
  • When Waghorn came to us on loan he was a promising teenager. At 22, he's going to be a bit bigger, a bit stronger and have a little bit more nouse. MW would be a good addition to the squad.
    What would he give us that we haven't already got ? he's hardly a prolific scorer, it's all very well adding to the squad but we need to be adding to the team i.e. bringing in better than we already have. I'm all for giving last years team their chance in the championship, they've all deserved it but we have to bring in better quality & if the current players can up their game & keep their place in the team brilliant, if not sadly they should be replaced. I think (& certainly hope) that most can make that step up.

• It's just a rumour, Charltonbob.

;o)
  • Hopefully the fact that he scored his first ever professional goal with us at the valley will persuade him to come a bit
    I'm sure his first goal was pretty exciting for him sammy!! ;-)
  • Former Leicester player. Flattered to deceive. Missed a penalty in a fateful shoot-out. Consoled by Chris Powell. Comes to Charlton with his former team-mate......

Sound familiar???
  • Age and potential fits the current MO so I can see this being true given the former links with SCP. Would be happy to have him on board as I think the Charlton of 2012/13 will bring the best out of him.
  • TelMc I knew at least one person would pick up on that , think I better edit that ! ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!