Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Bolton list

Gardner has already been linked with us on Football Rumours

Fifteen players have left Bolton Wanderers following their relegation from the Premier League, while Kevin Davies has signed a new one-year deal.

The striker and defender Sam Ricketts, who has agreed a two-year deal, are the only players to commit to the club.

Negotiations with Jussi Jaaskelainen and Zat Knight are ongoing.

Ricardo Gardner, Gretar Steinsson and Ivan Klasnic are among those released, while Nigel Reo-Coker has activated a release clause in his contract.

Paul Robinson, Sean Davis, Robbie Blake, Mark Connolly, Tope Obadeyi, Rhys Bennett, Dino Fazlic and Tom Eckersley have also not been offered new deals.

Meanwhile, Tuncay, Ryo Miyachi and Dedryck Boyata have all returned to their parent clubs after reaching the end of their loan spells at the Reebok Stadium.

Manager Owen Coyle told the club website: "I was clear with Nigel [Reo-Coker]. I asked him straight away whether he wanted to be a part of what we are going to do next season.

"He was honest and up front with us, because that is the type of man that he is, and said that he wanted to exercise the clause in his contract, so we wish him well.
  • Can anyone explain why people are getting excited about the Baldock rumours? Only seen him a couple of times and haven't been that impressed, also looking at his goalscoring record that isn't very impressive either. Something I don't know about or are people basing their opinions on football manager and FIFA again?
  • edited May 2012
    Can anyone explain why people are getting excited about the Baldock rumours? Only seen him a couple of times and haven't been that impressed, also looking at his goalscoring record that isn't very impressive either. Something I don't know about or are people basing their opinions on football manager and FIFA again?
    scored 5 goals in his first 6 starts for West Ham this season, then got an injury and they signed 2 more strikers, pushing him right down the pecking order. And the bloke's only 23.

Also, that Yann Kermorgant's goalscoring record is atrocious, powell out, no idea on what makes a good player etc etc.
  • Can anyone explain why people are getting excited about the Baldock rumours? Only seen him a couple of times and haven't been that impressed, also looking at his goalscoring record that isn't very impressive either. Something I don't know about or are people basing their opinions on football manager and FIFA again?
    scored 5 goals in his first 6 starts for West Ham this season, then got an injury and they signed 2 more strikers, pushing him right down the pecking order. And the bloke's only 23.

Also, that Yann Kermorgant's goalscoring record is atrocious, powell out, no idea on what makes a good player etc etc.
    The difference there being that Baldock is considered a goal scorer and Yann is more target man/creator. I trust CP to bring in the right people he has proved that so far just wondered why there are a few here who really rate Baldock so get off your high horse.

The difference there being that Baldock is considered a goal scorer and Yann is more target man/creator. I trust CP to bring in the right people he has proved that so far just wondered why there are a few here who really rate Baldock so get off your high horse.
    I think some one needs to have a lie down.
  • Baldock and Yann together would be awesome IMO!
  • 102 app 33 goals for Mk Dons
  • Grant Holt has just handed in a transfer request. Apparently wants to join us.
  • Grant Holt has just handed in a transfer request. Apparently wants to join us.
    Source or Fri afternoon nonsense?
  • Sponsored links:

• The latter...
  • someones had a shandy...
  • Chav.
  • scummy chav thanks

• 17 May 2012 19:59:53
    Strong rumours I have heard, from different sources

Sol Bamba to Charlton

(He's an Ivorian 6'3" brick outhouse CB at Leicester)

A Leeds friend told me Colin came out recently and said they enquired about a player but we were also in for him and willing to pay better wages. Didn't know who it was though.
    Putting 2 and 2 together and probably not getting 4, but Leeds were recently linked with Sol Bamba, so there could be some truth in it.
  • A couple of Bolton tweets saying Ricardo Gardner on his way to us.
  • Don't see why we would want him - a 33yr old replacing a 31? Year old Jackson ?
  • Don't see why we would want him - a 33yr old replacing a 31? Year old Jackson ?
    not necessarily replacing Jackson, we probably do need another LM
  • 34 in September. No thanks!!
  • I said earlier in the thread that Gardner was linked on FR ,a quick look on Twitter seems to lead me back there as the source.

Therefore I think its unlikely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rumour keeps repeating about Beavon at Wycombe. Yes, he looked decent last season, scoring over 20 goals but let's look at his previous seasons for wycombe:

09/10: 25 games, 3 goals
    10/11: 37 games, 3 goals

Before this season, the most he's ever got was 14 for Weymouth in the BSP. Really think we can do so much better.
  • If its a punt that we can afford then why not but I wouldn't want us to spend too much on a gamble like Leicester just have.

• FL_rumours

Charlton Athletic are looking to snatch Portsmouth's David Norris before clubs such as Brighton and Leeds #CAFC #PFC #BHAFC #LUFC #rumours
  • Portsmouth do have a couple of good players that they are going to struggle to keep hold of...
  • Portsmouth do have a couple of good players that they are going to struggle to keep hold of...
    Definitely.

Pearce (gone to Leeds), Ward and Norris were three players I was hoping we'd be in for.

Definitely.

Pearce (gone to Leeds), Ward and Norris were three players I was hoping we'd be in for.

completely agree, Norris is reportedly available for only £75,000 aswell. Would anyone else take Andy O'Brien on a free from Leeds?
  • Norris is 31, so doesn't really fit into the 'buy young, develop & sell for profit' category, although we do need the odd experienced player in the squad.
  • Norris is 31, so doesn't really fit into the 'buy young, develop & sell for profit' category, although we do need the odd experienced player in the squad.
    He's a nasty bastard too. Real wum

Do not want
    He's a nasty bastard too. Real wum

Do not want
    Horrible bloke.

He was the one who did the handcuffs celebration after McCormack was jailed for killing two kids.

• edited May 2012
    Really wanted Pearce, Leeds have got a good player there on the cheap.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!