Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• London club, larger gate receipts + he wouldn't have to up sticks. Not forgetting we are the mighty Charlton Athletic....
  • London club, larger gate receipts + he wouldn't have to up sticks. Not forgetting we are the mighty Charlton Athletic....
    Ipswich will average more than us next year.

Suspect a lot of targets on CP's A-List will go elsewhere. Lots more competition at this level.

• In our last season in the championship we averaged just under 21000 per game - and it was a truly shocking season.

This season Ipswich averaged less than 18000. I think we should be able to top that.
  • Not saying we won't miss out on any targets, I would be disappointed if they were to choose Ipswich over us though!
  • We pulled off a bit of a master stroke bringing in Wiggins ahead of Watford last year IMO. Why can't we repeat that? We can point to recent history with Norwich and Saints for one.
  • Do players look at average home gates when deciding which club to join? I doubt it.
  • That robeiro is decent on FIFA, pretty sure he's a right back, wiki says he's a free agent now, could be a decent acquisition
  • Again from FR...Palace have also made a bid of £100,000 for Kaizer Chief's Siphiwe Tshabalala. Palace could have got him for free in January as his contract was due to expire. But after all the delays he eventually signed a new 3 year deal with KC.

Come on, who put this one up??? I know he's a real footballer with the Chiefs but...Tshabalala la la la, boom boom, Tshabalala la la la... ;-)

think that's actually true TBH
  • Do players look at average home gates when deciding which club to join? I doubt it.
    Of course they do. All footballers want to perform on the biggest stage in front of the biggest crowds. Strange and unnecessary comment.
  • I doubt a player would care if one team averages 20k and another 18k. If there was about a 10,000 difference then maybe.

Your basically saying, whatever players us and Wednesday go for, they will choose them?
  • Sponsored links:

• depends if they like it up north mate.
  • I doubt a player would care if one team averages 20k and another 18k. If there was about a 10,000 difference then maybe.

Your basically saying, whatever players us and Wednesday go for, they will choose them?
    Danny Green didn't seem to care!
  • Anyway, I only mentioned crowd size as one factor which might persuade a player to join a club.

The fact we are based in London and can be fairly competitive in terms of wages gives us an advantage.
  • Noone likes it up North mate
  • Noone likes it up North mate
    You're wrong, he prefers Plymouth
  • I'm sure playing in front of good crowds does have its appeal but two or three thousand either way won't be a consideration will it. Would have thought half a dozen reasons would be ahead of that.
  • we are after baldock i reckon we have more chance than ipswich of getting him without a doubt, there are other clubs i woyuldnt be so sure of but the comparisons between clubs are not valid,

they are from a sleepy suffolk shite hole we are from sth london ffs ,
  • He'll probably live in Essex whoever he plays for...
  • Not really seen much of him,is he what we want ?
  • we are after baldock i reckon we have more chance than ipswich of getting him without a doubt, there are other clubs i woyuldnt be so sure of but the comparisons between clubs are not valid,

they are from a sleepy suffolk shite hole we are from sth london ffs ,
    Absolutely. Don't know why people felt the need to defend Ipswich.

Maybe they luuurrrve them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leicester get bigger gates than us but Yann prefers Charlton.

Why? Because he and his family like living in Canary Wharf near the City and all the shops/restaurants and no doubt a bigger French community much more than the year they spent in Leicester. And who wouldn't.

And other course you get to be managed by Chris Powell.

Location, family, club ambition, wages, manager, chance of playing in the first team. All bigger factors IMHO that crowd size.

Now if Ooh Aah were a professional footballer we all know what would be the deciding factor : - )
  • < Noone likes it up North mate You're wrong, he prefers Plymouth

Liked it so much he went to Brighton :-0
  • A good crop from FR. A few looking for a re-post on CL no doubt

17 May 2012 20:18:23
    charlton will beat millwall to the
    signing of seb lewis.
    (This is Seb of Seb and Ollie fame)

17 May 2012 19:48:16
    Andy Griffin has joined Charlton for 2years

(a right back out of contract - good cover for Solly)

17 May 2012 20:03:03
    charlton will offer a contract to free
    transfer Dave Lockwood

(I'm sure BDL would love a contract ; - )

17 May 2012 19:59:53
    Strong rumours I have heard, from different sources

Sol Bamba to Charlton

(He's an Ivorian 6'3" brick outhouse CB at Leicester)

17 May 2012 19:06:48
    charlton are set to offer 500k for
    cardiff striker Rudy Gestede.

His knees have gone

(what it says on the tin)

• Sol Bamba would be decent enough.
    Griffin would be good cover too.

Both sound possible but considering the source I have my doubts.
  • edited May 2012
    blockquote rel="Henry Irving">Leicester get bigger gates than us but Yann prefers Charlton.

Why? Because he and his family like living in Canary Wharf near the City and all the shops/restaurants and no doubt a bigger French community much more than the year they spent in Leicester. And who wouldn't.

And other course you get to be managed by Chris Powell.

Location, family, club ambition, wages, manager, chance of playing in the first team. All bigger factors IMHO that crowd size.

Now if Ooh Aah were a professional footballer we all know what would be the deciding factor : - )

Yes, Non school night matches only.
  • Is BDL tall enough?
  • I'm wide enough.
  • I'm wide enough.
    if width were a priority I'd be a shoe-in

• Me to, arm in arm and fill the goal!
  • I'd like Bamba to be true, he's an absolute unit
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!