Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Ordnance Survey?
  • Baldock would be class. Prefer him to Schlupp and even Rhodes.
    Leave it out, Baldock can't even get in the West Ham team, if Rhodes could carry his form into the Championship Carlton Cole would be washing cars in the club car park
  • Someone on twitter saying we are in talks with lee bowyer. No thank you
  • Someone on twitter saying we are in talks with lee bowyer. No thank you
    Really? Twitter? must be true then..................

About as reliable as FR.
  • I have doubts about Rhodes and Im not sure a massive payout to secure his services would sit well with our settled squad.
    I just like the look of Baldock and think he fits better into CP's policy of buying relatively unknown, hungry players with potential.
  • I spoke to Chris Solly last night and after congratulating him on his POTY award I joked and said he should go and get it again next season as long as he doesn't sign for Man Utd. He laughed, went red and changed the subject. I then got a phone call so couldn't probe any more as he went to his table.

Later on I heard him saying to someone else "I've got two more years" (presumably on his contract) so maybe it's something out of nothing.

All that aside - he's a bloody nice chap and despite being small he is cut like a steak
  • edited May 2012
    For information rather than possible purchases but Notts County's list includes Sam Sodje and also says Krystian Pearce who many on here rate is available. Lloyd Sam and the hat trick man Jonathan Forte have finished their loans.

From the BBC

Notts County have released goalkeeper Stuart Nelson but have offered defender Mike Edwards a one-year contract.

Nelson, 30, played 52 games for the Magpies last season but is one of 13 players released by boss Keith Curle.

Defenders Sam Sodje, 31, and Jon Harley, 32, and striker Karl Hawley have also been released and under-contract centre-half Krystian Pearce, 22, is available for transfer.

Eight loan players - including Jonathan Forte, Lloyd Sam and Daniel Bogdanovic - have all returned to their parent clubs.

• It's May 10 and we haven't signed anybody yet. Not one new player.

Shows these new owners aren't serious/ we don't even know who's really behind them/ clearly no ambition/only in it for the short-term/ won't give Powell any money/they'll try to cash in by selling Solly and Wiggins/ club's going down the pan/ we're going to come straight back down next season / blah blah blah.

Sorry. Just thought I'd say it before anybody else does! lol...

• Latest rumours i've heard are Ramon Nunez and Chris Weale
  • Report in todays papers linking Baldock to Ipswich.
  • Sponsored links:

• are you by any chance at The Star Inn near Normans Bay ?

• It's May 10 and we haven't signed anybody yet. Not one new player.

Shows these new owners aren't serious/ we don't even know who's really behind them/ clearly no ambition/only in it for the short-term/ won't give Powell any money/they'll try to cash in by selling Solly and Wiggins/ club's going down the pan/ we're going to come straight back down next season / blah blah blah.

Sorry. Just thought I'd say it before anybody else does! lol...

contracts end in June, I guess we'll hear then, then we can do some proper slanging innit
  • I have doubts about Rhodes and Im not sure a massive payout to secure his services would sit well with our settled squad.
    I just like the look of Baldock and think he fits better into CP's policy of buying relatively unknown, hungry players with potential.
    This

• are you by any chance at The Star Inn near Normans Bay ?

No

• Baldock is only down the Hammers starting list because they've been playing hoof ball most of the year and he's only 5'7 so obviously not a target man.
  • Preston have made Darel Russell available for transfer.

Paul Coutts still has another year (people on here saying he is out of contract)
  • Powell wants Russell on a permanent , so I expect to see him join

• 2nd time in a week I have now heard utd want him

thank you! so im not the only one to hear this then? where did you hear it from nth london?
  • Solly is good enough now for any club in the country.

I think that with the financial fair play league that we may have to sell to buy and solly would be the biggest asset we have

NLA - you promised me a while ago that we wouldn't have to sell to buy! Can't believe anyone on here...
  • West Ham have an abundance of strikers. Cole, Carew, Maynard, Vaz Te, Piquionne and Baldock. I could see one or two leaving if they get promoted in order to strengthen for the Premier League. However, as stated above, they only signed Baldock last season and I doubt they would want to lose too much money on him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd be very surprised if Man Utd were in for Solly tbh.

• In the spirit of CL summer rumours here's a You Tube clip of recently transfer listed Leeds midfielder, Ramon Nunez:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWzPztTz6c4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Weegie I aint saying we have to sell just saying that we may have to justify any spend

We are minted relax and watch the 10 plus signings roll in
  • Frumours

10 May 2012 16:34:36
    "Hearing from quite a few Charlton fans that they're interested in Steve Jones"

• Report in todays papers linking Baldock to Ipswich.
    Above would suggest that WHU are planning to sell. I would love it if we signed him as I think he has huge potential. Great scoring record (and better value than ((say)) Rhodes?). Would certainly make a statement of intent!

• Just been informed Ryan Harley is very interested in joining us this summer.
  • oh dear.
  • Looked like a really good play-maker at Exeter but how well has he done in the Champ? Carl Baker was similar at Stockport; anyone know how Cov have rated him?
  • oh dear.
    ? More please?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!