Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Loving some of the animated gifs on here (particularly the Sasa one...oh and the jumping cat, that is incredibly cool). Helps break up the rumours a bit!
  • My Arsenal friend just told me we're sniffing around Lansbury, currently on loan at West Ham.
  • Just to sum up the latest targets according to FR:

Danny Mayor (Preston)
    Ollie Palmer (Havant & W)
    Anthony Wordsworth (Colchester)
    Paul Coutts (Preston)
    Michail Antonio (Reading)
    Rob Earnshaw (Cardiff)
    Matt Ritchie (Swindon)
    Matt Mills (Leicester)
    Lucas Piazon (Chelsea)
    Tommy Spurr (Doncaster)
    Stuart Beavon (Wycombe)
    Jason Puncheon (Southampton)
    Jay Rodriguez (Burnley)
    Aaron Cresswell (Ipswich)
  • The Wordworth rumour seems to be a duff one as he has one year left on his deal and says he wants to stay at Colchester.
  • Heard Wordsworth and Boyd from a couple of blokes in the oak on saturday
  • Does anyone think we will get our business done early just like last term or will our targets be a little harder to pin down ?
  • Does anyone think we will get our business done early just like last term or will our targets be a little harder to pin down ?
    It has been 3 weeks since we guaranteed promotion, and Powell may have been making a list of realistic targets for the Championship earlier so we may be in a positon to be able to do a fair bit of business earlier. Certainly a few weeks ahead of the play off winners.

Powell will also recognise the importance of the Spain trip last season and how we went away with the majority of the new signings, therefore he may want to do the same again and ensure the new players have a fulll pre season and time to gel before the big kick off.

• The Wordworth rumour seems to be a duff one as he has one year left on his deal and says he wants to stay at Colchester.
    I also thought he had signed a new contract ,however I suspect Colchester would sell him and he would be keen to move up to the CCC.
  • Not as familiar with Wordsworth as you lot obviously are. Any clues to what he's like similar player to etc ?
    ideally early, I'm sure Powell has a good idea who he wants. Thing is though that the very good players will be in big demand and auctions will probably be happening both in terms of transfer fees and salaries.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not as familiar with Wordsworth as you lot obviously are. Any clues to what he's like similar player to etc ?
    like a young jacko, can play CM or LM
  • Wordsworth is a cultured left footer who can play in the middle or out wide ,probably most similar to Jacko .
  • We've been in talks with a few people for a month
  • Powell said that no deals are done yet. Now that might well be a manager not wanting to let the cat out of the bag but he also said that for a lot of teams "their season's not finished". So that points to a lot of play-off sides and of course the premier league.

We don't need to get players in as early as before as we don't need a whole new squad, maybe just 5 or so more.

Going to be a lot of players out of contract or who their clubs want to get off their wage bills. A few bargains but I doubt there will be another like Yann.
  • I'm sure if west ham go up, nicky maynard and sam baldock will be looking for a new club maybe onloan but they are definetly not good enough or ready for that level. Maynard would be my first choice. Excellent player
  • Who is Boyd?
  • Who is Boyd?
    Georget Boyd, Peterborough are letting him go.
  • Well maynards just scored. Still don't think his prem league level. Get him scp!!!!
  • Who is Boyd?
    Georget Boyd, Peterborough are letting him go.
    Ah yes...I was thinking of that Scottish striker who flopped at Boro.
  • This has been posted on FR tonight.

07 May 2012 21:00:48
    Charlton boss Chris Powell looks to tie up a deal with West Ham for striker Sam Baldock. The youngster, who arrived from MK Dons last summer, has struggled to find a regular starting berth at Upton Park and has fallen down the pecking order due to the recent arrivals of Vaz Te and Maynard.

The deal is said to be around 750k with add ons totaling to 1.5m if the Addicks gain promotion. However, this deal will only go ahead if the Irons win the play-off final and return to the Premier League.

• Sponsored links:

He wanders, lonely as a cloud, through opposition defences...
  • Is Baldock any good ?
  • Ben Roberts not at last night's POTY - said to be "on a scouting mission overseas."
  • Sorting out the hotel in Vegas ;0)
  • Sorting out the hotel in Vegas ;0)
    Didn't think of that, SHG !

• Actually, didn't we get a rumour about a foreign GK a few weeks back ?
  • Baldock fits the prOfile of young player with potential. Would be happy with him.

Charlton boss Chris Powell looks to tie up a deal with West Ham for striker Sam Baldock. The youngster, who arrived from MK Dons last summer, has struggled to find a regular starting berth at Upton Park and has fallen down the pecking order due to the recent arrivals of Vaz Te and Maynard.

The deal is said to be around 750k with add ons totaling to 1.5m if the Addicks gain promotion. However, this deal will only go ahead if the Irons win the play-off final and return to the Premier League.

I can't see it on FR ? Did you compose it Richard ?

• Fails the height test though :)

I can't see it on FR ? Did you compose it Richard ?

Not guilty ,I find the amusing but do not post myself.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!