Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Raheem sterling is apparently looking to get out of liverpool in the summer due to his family being homesick.... Season long loan? Would be fantastic if we could
  • A player's family suffering homesickness is not a good basis on which to trust a player's loyalty and desire to play for a club. And early season loan players taking the place possibly of an established contracted player is not to be recommended. I hate the loan system but obviously accept it as a fact of football life. I hope that loans are only used in emergencies
  • If we sign Hesky then i'll be sending my season ticket back !!!!!!!!

The guy is a useless lump & probably on his day worse than Carl Leaburn - 39 goals in 8 years !!!! A decent defender would be disgusted at that return !!!
  • This has just been tweeted

Richard Peterson ‏ @RMRPeterson
    just heard that #cafc were really close to signing Jordan Rhodes in January. Crazy, would've been a great statement of intent from the board

just heard that #cafc were really close to signing Jordan Rhodes in January. Crazy, would've been a great statement of intent from the board

And who is Richard Peterson?

hahahahaha
  • I would take Taylor...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17938834
    Supposedly been very poor this season.
  • I would take Taylor...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17938834
    Supposedly been very poor this season.
    was very good in their draw at the Valley this season

• This was on kumb, the thread was about Baldock.

"If we go up he is Charlton bound. He is their absolute priority and they will spend lions share of budget on him.

This is from one of their Directors on Sunday. They believe we will sell..if we go up"
  • Sponsored links:

• This was on kumb, the thread was about Baldock.

"If we go up he is Charlton bound. He is their absolute priority and they will spend lions share of budget on him.

This is from one of their Directors on Sunday. They believe we will sell..if we go up"
    Didn't realise he was THAT good. Surely we've got similar quality in BWP, Kermy and Haynes.
  • Baldock would be a great signing, unfortunately given that they paid £2m plus add ons for him, unless they are going to send him out on loan or take a massive hit on a 23 year old that still could be genuine PL class in 2/3 seasons he won't be for us
  • Tbh I would prefer to get Schlupp on a season loan if that's possible and spend the money on a real quality central midfielder.
  • Tbh I would prefer to get Schlupp on a season loan if that's possible and spend the money on a real quality central midfielder.
    I agree with that! If rumours that Leicester are about to sign Vardy from Fleetwood are true, Schlupp may be available!
  • I'm not sure schlupp is the answer? Not the proven goalscorer I think we need. Gary hooper from celtic? Would probably cost to much money.
  • my dads friend knows some of the board members at charlton and told me about the nike deal a while back, apparently strong suggestions within the last day or so that solly will join man united in the summer and an agreement is close :/ i know hes an arsenal fan but may be possible as man utd lack natural right backs massively! apparently the board are willing to sell with the offer that is on the table (although this is the only information ive been told)
  • my dads friend knows some of the board members at charlton and told me about the nike deal a while back, apparently strong suggestions within the last day or so that solly will join man united in the summer and an agreement is close :/ i know hes an arsenal fan but may be possible as man utd lack natural right backs massively! apparently the board are willing to sell with the offer that is on the table (although this is the only information ive been told)
    im not doubting or calling you a liar but knowing the nike deal wasn't a secret i spoke with the skipper and he said they've know about the nike deal for a fair few months, and i doubt united would sign their first choice right back from lg 1.
    Football season ended - silly season started !!!

• im not saying its true or a done deal for anyone reading this btw....but i wouldnt post something made up - thats what FR is for, im only relaying the story! i for one like all of you would not want solly to go as i voted for him at poty! i was simply stating the rumour i heard as its a rumours thread! i hope he stays for many more years too, as everyone has said he is a grounded man as well as excellent footballer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well there were plenty of scouts, including utd's, watching us this season, that's not surprising though I suppose. Would be very surprised to see Solly go there.
  • Solly is good enough now for any club in the country.

I think that with the financial fair play league that we may have to sell to buy and solly would be the biggest asset we have

2nd time in a week I have now heard utd want him

And do you know what he would go with my full blessing a wonderful player a great man

Good luck to him if true

5 mil please sir alex and berbatov please
  • S Quinn has spent the last couple of games on the bench, a good friend of mine who is also a season ticket holder there thinks that a bid may have come from somewhere..
  • Chris Wood from WBA would be great! he's a big talent
  • Wood from WBA could be a goer. Despite being Kiwi, he has family in the Bromley area
  • Baldock would be class. Prefer him to Schlupp and even Rhodes.
  • edited May 2012
    Agree with nla about Solly. He's class and if he does go then where better than Man U. Hope he stays at least one more season though as I think he will be even better next season than he was this. Anyway. I'm off to Egypt for a week :0)
  • Don't see the need for Schlupp, sounds too similar to Haynes. We need competition for Yann if Hayes leaves and if a better goalscorer and all round player than BWP is available to us we should sign them.
  • I'm not too worried about Solly going to a Prem team; or at least a team like Man U. The way I see things at the moment are this; he's had one very good season at L1 - and does look a very good prospect.

However, if you're a premiership team looking to sign him on the back of this - why not negate some of the risk and simply wait till the January transfer window when he's had a good few months in the championship; almost like a stepping stone - as well as a trial.

A side from the money that this would provide; I'd be pretty sad to see the little fella go. That said, and this goes for anyone of our players I think, I wouldn't be angry - I'd wish them good luck. It would be a very good opportunity, and nearly everyone of our players has been 110% committed this season, giving us an almighty reward. I'd find it pretty hard to begrudge them some "success" of their own.
  • The catchphrase of the summer is, as always, "I'll believe it when it's on the OS"

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!