Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• This has been posted on FR tonight.

07 May 2012 21:00:48
    Charlton boss Chris Powell looks to tie up a deal with West Ham for striker Sam Baldock. The youngster, who arrived from MK Dons last summer, has struggled to find a regular starting berth at Upton Park and has fallen down the pecking order due to the recent arrivals of Vaz Te and Maynard.

The deal is said to be around 750k with add ons totaling to 1.5m if the Addicks gain promotion. However, this deal will only go ahead if the Irons win the play-off final and return to the Premier League.

I can't see it on FR ? Did you compose it Richard ?

Not guilty ,I find the amusing but do not post myself.
    Sorry Richard I'm not having a pop. I can't see it on the Charlton page and thought you might be in the know.

• Ha a keeper on trial a couple of weeks ago, his name was Elliott. Not sure if that was his first or second name and it's not what you're all thinking!
  • This is on Sky tonight .Hopefully we might still bid for him

Colchester midfielder Anthony Wordsworth has stated his intention to stay at the club next season.

The U's leading scorer recently collected the player of the year award and his future has been subject to much speculation with only a year remaining on his contract.

But the 23-year-old admits there is no reason why he wouldn't be at the Weston Homes Community Stadium next term.

"I've got another year at Colchester. It's up to the gaffer, and I don't see why I won't be here for another year," he told the East Anglian Daily.

"I feel like I'm getting better and better as a player, and I've managed to get a bit of consistency this season.

"I've got used to playing in central midfield, and feel comfortable there. My fitness levels have also improved."

• Not as familiar with Wordsworth as you lot obviously are. Any clues to what he's like similar player to etc ?
    I think most peoples' opinions are heavily influenced by the first goal on this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgp1LezClbY

It was recently voted as their goal of the season.
  • An old favourite is available again according to Twitter .

Transfer Market Feed ‏ @Signings_TDD
    Reading will not be following up their interest in Portsmouth midfielder Hayden Mullins. #readingfc #pompey

I know its been many times over but could we go for him now ?He played with SCP at West Ham .Dyer would have worked with him also.

Now all we need is for Julian Gray to come back from Cyprus and Darren Purse to be released by Plymouth.LOL

Also on Twitter another more recent target has put himself in the shop window .

karl osborne ‏ @karl_osborne22
    Just want to say a massive thankyou to all the players,staff and fans for the amazing years that Iv had at #brentfordfc
    With a doubt I love the club but think its time for a fresh start and I really hope that Brentfordfc get where they deserve to be.

• Wordsworth may wish to stay at Colchester but I believe him & their defender we were linked with - Onoghue or something - are both amongst their highest earners and with financial fair play rules coming in and only a year left on their contracts I think a sensible offer could get either of them....whether they are good enough for us in the Champ is another thing as I have only seen them at The Valley.
  • CR 08 May 2012 11:30:23
    With Emile Heskey believed to be exiting Aston Villa, Charlton are leading a host of clubs to secure his signature. Other clubs believed to be interested are Watford and Leicester.

Wouldn't mind having Heskey on a short contract. OK, not a goal machine but an experienced pro more than capable at this level.
    Wouldn't mind having Heskey on a short contract.
    I agree. A month starting on 1st July so he'd be gone before the season starts.

• Do you think Henry ? I'm not sure. We have young hungry players and although vastly experienced I couldn't see him fitting in with our new ethos.
  • heskey and yann up top. = dream team
  • Sponsored links:

• heskey and yann up top. = dream team
    Prolific ?
  • Do you think Henry ? I'm not sure. We have young hungry players and although vastly experienced I couldn't see him fitting in with our new ethos.
    Maybe not but I bet Powell knows him. Like Hughes and Euell this term one or two older heads can help the younger players.
  • Heskey's 34 fer gawds sake!
    Maybe not but I bet Powell knows him. Like Hughes and Euell this term one or two older heads can help the younger players.
    On that basis it sounds ok but wouldn't really want him as a must starter.

• Is there a single game where Heskey isn't 'injured'? I recall one game where he limped onto the pitch at the Valley before limping off before half-time. Not for me.
  • Oh no, please anyone but Hesky
  • Heskey could do a good job, a Mark Bright role, IF he is fully motivated and committed. Carlton Cole after years where he has appeared to be as motivated and mobile as a lampost looks like a new player under Big Sam. How Heskey would be managed is the key as well as how much he'd ask in wages. Another big striker as well as Kermorgant will be essential in the Championship, especially if, as has been suggested, Baldock is on the way to the valley. We need a good big un and a good little un if Powell considers that Wright-Phillips and Kermorgant is not the right recipe for success next season.
  • Would take Heskey for 1 year if free and on low wages. If funds are tight I'd expect we'd be looking to pick up our 'experience' for free and spend on youth
  • According to Soccerbase he has scored just 39 league goals in the last eight years. And he is 35 next birthday (Cole will be 29). I'm sure there will be younger and better options available.
  • Wouldn't fill me with joy but I could see the attraction, possibly only on a pay-as-you-play deal, but then doubt he'd take that. Could still be a real handful in the Champ but does he really have the heart? He just so, so often limps off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tranmere's released list just come up on Sky ,it shows how we are now fishing in better waters because I doubt anyone will get excited about Showunmi being available ,if we had stayed in L1 that could have been different.

Enoch Showunmi is one of seven players to be released by Tranmere Rovers this summer.

The striker, who scored four goals this season, joins Joss Labadie, Mustafa Tiryaki, Robbie Weir, David Raven, Martin Devaney and Andy Coughlin in not being offered new contracts.

Manager Ronnie Moore told the club's official website: "I'd like to thank all seven players for their time at Prenton Park, they've given me everything I have asked since I've been back.

"But we have to bring in new players for next season and to do that we need to let some go and I wish them the very best of luck for the future."

Moore confirmed earlier this week that John Welsh, Andy Robinson, Ash Taylor, Dave Buchanan and Ian Goodison had been offered new deals.

Rovers have also taken up one-year contract options on Adam McGurk, Danny Holmes and Lucas Akins.

• would never come to us.

what wages do you imagine he's on now..£30k+ per week?

how much will we be offering players next season maximum..nowhere near what Heskey's earning.

as SHG said, doesn't fit in with our ethos anyway.
  • My source told me we have a pre contract agreement with Jason Puncheon however he is the same source that told me we were signing Tony Craig last season so not too sure!! Would be a quality signing if true though!!
  • Wow, wonder what happened with Labadie. He was impressive at the Valley back in October.
  • I find it really sad when people say my source etc etc cause its probably not true

However I do have a source that tells me we are interested in chris wood from west brom.

;)
  • ^ The Kiwi who's built like an All Black backrow forward. He'll do nicely
  • He could bring Simon Cox with him
    With Emile Heskey believed to be exiting Aston Villa, Charlton are leading a host of clubs to secure his signature. Other clubs believed to be interested are Watford and Leicester.

Wouldn't mind having Heskey on a short contract. OK, not a goal machine but an experienced pro more than capable at this level.
    Haha, my mate did this rumour. He wanted to test that the website was full of Bull on it!
  • This user seems to be a Twitter version of FR

footballleaguegossip‏@FL_rumours

@Rehmanator7 Charlton have made an enquiry regarding Coventry's David Bell #rumours
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!