Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• tevez on loan
  • It's on the OS
  • Good deal. 18 month contract.
  • Bloke on Owlstalk (think he's a journo) says that we along with a few others clubs are interested in Ben Marshall

Can't see it happening personally.
  • Marshall is tall for a winger ....6' 1"
  • Marshall is tall for a winger ....6' 1"
    SIGN HIM UP!!
  • My worry is there won't be room for supporters at the POTY event .....
  • If Haynes does put pen to paper how many players will it be we hav signed since the end of last season ?
    Too tall? Not enough headroom?
    Too tall? Not enough headroom?
    Too many players .

• Sponsored links:

24 I believe... gotta be a record

• 24 I believe... gotta be a record

And worth every penny !
  • Bloke on Owlstalk (think he's a journo) says that we along with a few others clubs are interested in Ben Marshall

Can't see it happening personally.

Great player. Didn't get Bolasie so this guy will do.
  • Sheff Wed have signed winger Mike Jones from Bury so maybe thats an indication Marshall is about to go elsewhere.
  • edited January 2012
    John__Percy John Percy
    Ben Marshall will play last game of loan at #SWFC this weekend before returning to #SCFC. Negotiations ongoing over new deal at Stoke
    12 Jan

John__Percy John Percy
    Ben Marshall could also leave #SCFC this month. Interest from #LCFC #HCAFC #CAFC #HTAFC to take him on a permanent deal.
    23 hours ago

This guy seems to be in the know with all things Sheffield Wednesday. He later goes to state in a reply tweet that he thinks we've made a bid for Marshall. It's all very interesting.

AlanBiggs1 Alan Biggs
    @John__Percy Interesting you should mention Charlton bearing in mind who #swfc playing on Saturday. . . hope you're okay - where r u Sat?
    23 hours ago

John__Percy John Percy
    @AlanBiggs1 think Charlton have even bid, Biggsy. I'm at wba on Sat. You at Hillsborough?

• FR today . Howells has been linked with us before and is a left back / midfielder he has been at Luton now for three seasons in the Conference but was highly rated . Don't see it myself .

13 Jan 2012 09:49:25
    Jake Howells to join Charlton from Luton Town on a free in the summer.

• Ben Marshall would be a good signing.. Wonder how it will affect his performance tomorrow with all these rumours?
  • Marshall would be great for a number of reasons but can't see it happening, surely leicester would blow everyone else out the water on wages. Hopefully it does affect him tomorrow.
  • Not as much as a firm kick in the b**** in the 2nd minute of the game.
  • Sorry, did I say that out loud?
  • Sponsored links:

• AlanBiggs1 Alan Biggs
    @John__Percy Interesting you should mention Charlton bearing in mind who #swfc playing on Saturday. . . hope you're okay - where r u Sat?
    23 hours ago

John__Percy John Percy
    @AlanBiggs1 think Charlton have even bid, Biggsy. I'm at wba on Sat. You at Hillsborough?

Simples !

Sign Marshall first thing in the morning when our BigWigs & SCP are in the city . Too late for him to play for us tomorrow but also won't be playing for SW .

Win win situation for the Addicks !

• Reckon if we signed him that could be the end of Waggy
    I don't think so, because marshall plays left wing and we only really have jackson in that position and powell said he wants two players for every position.

• Think Marshall has played mostly on the right for them
  • Think Marshall has played mostly on the right for them
    My understanding as well
  • Hearing Weds offered £850k

Doubt we can match that but Leicester certainly can
    I don't think so, because marshall plays left wing and we only really have jackson in that position and powell said he wants two players for every position.

Pretty sure he is a right winger mate

• Not a transfer rumour, but an owner rumour. I saw this on a Sheffield Utd forum, in a thread about our signings:

"To be fair if you're backed by the Dubai Royal Family you probably have the funds to restructure the club.

It's taken 3 or 4 years but they are equipped to go up automatically. If us and the Pigs don't dent their prospects in the next fortnight, I expect them to go up automatically."

Do they know something we don't?! http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2115551702
  • Not a transfer rumour, but an owner rumour. I saw this on a Sheffield Utd forum, in a thread about our signings:

"To be fair if you're backed by the Dubai Royal Family you probably have the funds to restructure the club.

It's taken 3 or 4 years but they are equipped to go up automatically. If us and the Pigs don't dent their prospects in the next fortnight, I expect them to go up automatically."

Do they know something we don't?! http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2115551702

HaHaHa....

to be fair, much more complimentary and realistic than their rivals. The last comment is bull though, United didn't really threaten us at Bramall Lane and I don't expect them to beat us on Saturday.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!