Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Leon Clarke to us on loan, Benson to Swindon on loan. completes on Monday.

@JamesNursey
    Mirror Midlands hack.
  • Leon Clarke to us on loan, Benson to Swindon on loan. completes on Monday.

@JamesNursey
    Mirror Midlands hack.
    Is Clarke the geezer who fell out with PDC?
  • Leon Clarke to us on loan, Benson to Swindon on loan. completes on Monday. @JamesNursey Mirror Midlands hack.
    Is Clarke the geezer who fell out with PDC?
    yep
  • Would be good cover imho
  • But judging by his dust up with PDC will not have the temperament to be a bench sitter.
  • Have you seen him at Chesterfield? Looks ok to me. Rather have him than a lightweight Benson.
  • Great miss at the Valley earlier in the season
  • edited December 2011
    Clarke would keep the current incumbent strikers on their game. A dip in form and he'll be in there. Would be interested to hear what the Wendy's think about him as he seems to have had a spell there.
  • didn't he break his foot kicking an advertising board when celebrating a goal for the Wendies?
  • Yep Large, got carried off too. What a plum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Clarke is a good player but seems a dick.  The whole argument with Di Canio was after he had a stand up row with a coach, on the pitch, because he didn't want to come in for training the next day after a disappointing defeat.
  • Clarke is quick, strong and good in the air but has an attitude problem and may cause unrest in the dressing room. has played in the Championship so is worth a punt on a short term deal
  • CP wouldn't sign him if he thought he had an attitude problem and would unsettle the dressing room. Anyway, it's just a rumour at the moment. Still think we'll sign Tubbs.
  • WSSWSS
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure PDC was calmness personified in that row...

IPWT
  • I doubt he can cause that much unrest in a 6 month loan. And if he does cause chaos we can cancel the deal without a second thought
  • I don't know too much about him other than the PDC bust up but Benno is not anywhere in CP's plans so makes a lot of sense to swap to give us options and cover and to have a good look to see if we think he's good enough and not the nutter it seems he might be. Was hoping for someone permanent and proven tbh.
  • I don't know too much about him other than the PDC bust up but Benno is not anywhere in CP's plans so makes a lot of sense to swap to give us options and cover and to have a good look to see if we think he's good enough and not the nutter it seems he might be. Was hoping for someone permanent and proven tbh.
    Thierry Henry?
    Thierry Henry?
    How tall is he ?

• Latest FR

30 Dec 2011 08:40:04
    Chris Powell has been given the funds necessary to move Charlton onto the next level, however he is reluctant to spend big during this window as he thinks his squad is good enough to go up this year.

In:

William Keane (loan - until end of season)
    Leon Cort (perm)
    Kelly Youga (free)
    Dean Parrett (perm)

Out:

Paul Benson (Perm)
    Simon Francis (Perm)
    Gery Doherty (Loan)
    Bradley Pritchard (Loan)
    Ruben Bover (Loan)

Already lined up for the summer - depending on promotion.

In:

Sean McGinty (Season long loan)
    John Bostock (Free)
    Carlos Carmona Bonet (Perm)

• where did the carlos camona bonet thing come from lol, never heard of him or heard him mentioned.
    Could see bostock as he's lost his way and the sean mcginty loan though to give him some first team experience
  • Sponsored links:

• Where did it come from?  Someone made it up.  Must we keep getting these time-wasting updates from FR?
  • Carlos Carmona Bonet plays for 
    Real Club Recreativo de Huelva, S.A.D. is a Spanish football club based in Huelva, in the autonomous community of Andalusia. Founded on 23 December 1889, it is the oldest football team in Spain, and currently plays in the second division, holding home games at Estadio Nuevo Colombino, which has a 21,600 capacity

Hardly likely to set our world alight
  • According to Wiki Bonet is now at Barcelona B , I know FR is rubbish but I find it amusing especially when it throws up random rumours like this.

Although all of the above is possible.

•  

Another from FR

02 Jan 2012 02:15:46
    Reading are in deep comforsation with Charlton Athletic about striker Bradley Wright-Philips brother of QPR wing man Shaun and son of Ex-Arsenal Striker Ian Wright. The deal was for Andy Griffin , Ian Harte and 600k for Wright-Philips this deal is close to complete.

• Aren't we supposed to be signing a Centre Half from Tony Jimenez's Spanish Club?
  • I heard from a West Ham fan (who sits in the Director's Box) that BWP is a target for West Ham.   Don't shoot the messenger as it's not the same person who has given me the other Charlton gossip ....
  • Why would we swap BWP for Ian Harte?  We had him on trial when he was a free agent and deemed him not good enough.
  • Can we just not post stuff that comes up on FR? We all know it's nonsense, save this thread for rumours from sites that don't link us with Maggie Hitler
  • Can we just not post stuff that comes up on FR? We all know it's nonsense, save this thread for rumours from sites that don't link us with Maggie Hitler

Certainly not. Why ?
  • I heard from a West Ham fan (who sits in the Director's Box) that BWP is a target for West Ham.   Don't shoot the messenger as it's not the same person who has given me the other Charlton gossip ....
    I also heard the same thing yesterday and I was in the North Stand
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!