Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• No, I believe that we should at least give whoever CP signs, a chance.
  • Latest FR

01 Dec 2011 14:04:53
    January Transfer Window..

Charlton Athletic will complete the loan signing of Leicester City's Jeffrey Schlupp. Nigel Pearson is going with experience to try and get his team promoted and with Martyn Waghorn likely to be recalled from Hull (It was Pearson took him there), the promising youngster will be pushed further down the pecking order.

Another arrival at The Valley will be Matt Ritchie of Swindon Town. Striker Paul Benson and cash will go to the County Ground in exchange for the winger.

Scott Wagstaff will be a surprise departure with Brighton his likely destination.

• Schlupp, BWP and Kermo.... 

Don't wake me up, I'm dreaming!
  • That Matt Ritchie is a very good player indeed.  I watched Swindon on tv a little while ago and he was outstanding.

Young too

Like a skilful Nicky Bailey - very very hardworking and a lovely left peg as I recall.  Swindon won't want to sell though
  • I'd take plain old Nicky Bailey back instead if Swindon won't sell. Gary Gardener is meant to be excellent.
  • Rumours around Leicester are Charlton will be getting our teenage Ghanaian striking sernsation Jeff Schlupp on loan in the new year.

He's bloody good, if you take him I hope he gets the games he needs. Has the potential to do anything he wants.

18 years old, made his full Ghana debut last month. He got 6 goals from 6 starts games at Brentford last year. He only gets on for the last few minutes at Leicester, but started all three of our League Cup games (and scored 4 times)

From someone on F365
  • More classics from FRumours

07 Dec 2011 13:32:39

Charlton boss Chris Powell is keen on adding Serbian midfielder Goran
    Lovre to his squad after the former Anderlecht player was released by
    Championship side Barnsley this morning.

Burnley Transfer News

Ins

Matt Richie (Swindon)

Shwan Jalal (Bournemouth)

Marc Pugh (Bournemouth)

Winston Reid (West Ham)

Outs

Dean Marney (Charlton)

Brian Jensen (Torquay)

Leon Cort (Charlton)

Clark Carlsile (Preston)

Jay Rodriguez (Stoke
  • Apparently we're interested in Paul Coutts,  a PNE midfielder.

Another midfielder !!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps the rumours regarding Stephens have something ?
  • more on Coutts from the Crap that FR:

09 Dec 2011 09:44:04
    Ex Aberdeen player Paul Coutts currently playing for Preston NE is attracting the attention of Charlton & Ipswich. PNE are known to be restructuring the wage/player profile to meet current financial demands. Ipswich may need reinforcements to avoid relegation while Charlton will want to keep the forward momentum going.

No word on player Value but, PNE's cash requirements may mean the six times capped Scottish U21 leaves for surprisingly little money.

• Sponsored links:

• Linked with Orients Stephen Dawson by the London Evening Standard. 
  • 5' 6''    Far too small   : - )
  • Linked with Orients Stephen Dawson by the London Evening Standard. 
    Very good player, all action box to box midfielder who likes to get stuck in, seen him a few times, was impressed.
  • Also Henry:

the latest truth from FR:

12 Dec 2011 15:25:51
    Charlton left back Evina is to go out on loan to Leyton Orient as he is being kept on the bench by the great form of Wiggins.

Charlton shall then re-sign Kelly Youga as cover for left back as he may finally return from injury.

Happy now Henry?

I wonder who posted that?
  • Also Henry:

the latest truth from FR:

12 Dec 2011 15:25:51
    Charlton left back Evina is to go out on loan to Leyton Orient as he is being kept on the bench by the great form of Wiggins.

Charlton shall then re-sign Kelly Youga as cover for left back as he may finally return from injury.

Happy now Henry?

I wonder who posted that?
    You did as you pointed out on the other thread you posted this on a couple of days ago.
  • Apparently we're interested in Paul Coutts,  a PNE midfielder.

Another midfielder !!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps the rumours regarding Stephens have something ?

What rumours?

• Glad you noticed Henry.
  •  

What do we believe when the truth that is Football Rumours contradicts itself , Amiens are in the French Ligue 2 , so this sounds possible.

13 Dec 2011 21:44:05
    Former Lyon, Charlton and Scunthorpe left back Kelly Youga, is currently training with French side Amiens.

• That Football Rumours website should be called Football Rumours .... that probably won't happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• More from the truth that is FR

There is a big post about Swindon , so I have not copied it all . I liked Ferry two years ago and know he was highly thought of at Celtic until becoming injured.

Former Celtic youngster Simon Ferry, is currently in talks with League 1 highflyers Charlton. Ferry is keen on testing himself in the Championship and sees promotuion with Athletic as vital for the seond half of the season.

• Simon Ferry , a match made in heaven for us , he'll have to live in Woolwich and then he can be .....
  • WOOLWICH FERRY!!!!
  • Phew ... glad someone got it! ;-0

Well done Callum!
  • I'd rather sign Brian Ferry.
    Is that Bryan Ferry's brother?  ;-0
    Is that Bryan Ferry's brother?  ;-0
    If he went to Livverpool and then transferred to Tranmere, he would be Ferry cross the Mersey
  • If we signed him and then played alone up front in Terry Venables' favourite formation of   1 -4-3-2-1   or 

S    

F F

M M M

D D D D

G

Would he then be a Ferry on top of a Christmas tree (formation)?

• not ferry funny
  • not ferry funny
    Erm ........SINK ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!