Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Played a number of times in the prem with Reading didn't he?

• James Harper. Yeah would suit us fine.
  • Harper was a very good Prem centre-mid in his prime but has gone off the radar somewhat since. Would still be a very useful addition to the squad and would be more that capable of doing a job at our level.
  • Played a number of times in the prem with Reading didn't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGBCq2Ps51Q     Go to 6:32 for goal.
  • Harper was linked with us at around the same time as Sidwell was.

• If he's fit enough , why not?
  • From and source inside the club, stuart parnaby will sign for the club in the coming weeks. If for any reason that he rejects terms etc, we will be signing Jack Smith on loan from scum wall. Who in my opinion is a poor player. Please sign stuart!!
  • Thought Parnaby looked really impressive in his early days at Boro. No idea if it was ability, injury, development, or attitude that held him back, but CP wouldn't sign him if there was any suspicion of the latter now. Sounds promising.
  • edited November 2011
    Missed out on villa midfielder Gary Gardener?
  • Like the look of Harper, decent loan signing if it happens imo  
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently Harper is now 'not sure about going out on loan'. How Cawley got inside his head I don't know.

• Apparently Harper is now 'not sure about going out on loan'. How Cawley got inside his head I don't know.

Means the agent wants more money.....

• Gardener chosen Coventry over us apparently, perhaps suits him better, more chance of playing regularly in a struggling team apposed to one who is flying and will be harder to break into. 
  • Never heard of Gary Gardener myself
  • Gary Gardener? ........he mows the pitch.
  • prefer Barry Bannan
  • I'm hearing rumours that Acworth's book is finished
  • Gardener chosen Coventry over us apparently, perhaps suits him better, more chance of playing regularly in a struggling team apposed to one who is flying and will be harder to break into. 

Or he lives in the midlands and dont want to be sitting in a hotel room
  • entitled 'The highs and lows of being a Charlton Athletic supporter: my views on the last 25 years.' 

Sensational stuff xD 

Or he lives in the midlands and dont want to be sitting in a hotel room
    Take your pick 
  • Sponsored links:

• TN2TN2
    edited November 2011

Apparently we will be signing Daryl Russell from Preston on loan today

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

• Apparently we will be signing Daryl Russell from Preston on loan today

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

i hope this is a wind up, he's 31 and cant get in a rubbish Preston team
  • I'm hearing rumours that Acworth's book is finished
    Has he got a book signing in Waterstones lined up then?
  • liked Russell when at Norwich, has lost his way at Preston, played okay against us in the Cup at The Valley, in CP we trust
  • http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/sport.cfm?id=43603&amp;headline=Exclusive: Addicks consider loan for Hull ace

What do people make of this, i think he's a natural CM (might be wrong).
    Decent player. I seem to remember Curbs rated him a few years back.
  • in CP we blindly trust, brought in some great players got the team playing well 5 points clear at the top doesn't mean he can't make mistakes...........Alex Ferguson / Ralph Milne ?
  • in CP we blindly trust, brought in some great players got the team playing well 5 points clear at the top doesn't mean he can't make mistakes...........Alex Ferguson / Ralph Milne ?

As a matter of fact Milne did farly well for United.....wouldn't describe him as a total failure or that his signing was a significant mistake by Ferguson.

Not saying he set Old Trafford alight but had one or two useful performances.

Why wouldn't we trust him?  How many duds has he bought?

As a matter of fact Milne did farly well for United.....wouldn't describe him as a total failure or that his signing was a significant mistake by Ferguson.

Not saying he set Old Trafford alight but had one or two useful performances.s

Highlight of his Old Trafford Career was his one goal ......against us

Why wouldn't we trust him?  How many duds has he bought?
    Bought ? None   Signed ?  Jason Euell & apparently Alonso but who can tell on Mikel?...............but i didn't  say that he had bought/signed duds ............merely that even the best managers can make mistakes when someone commented that a prospective signing of ours didn't appear to be a great signing but if CP was going to sign him then thats ok he must be good...............if you believe that that's your perogative. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!