Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Jesus what a crap rumour.  A middle ranking midfielder from a middle ranking League 1 team.  Why bother to make that up?

• Thought Dawson was outstanding when we played Orient a couple of years ago but don't rush in on that basis Chris, as it could have been a one off and even i need more than 90 minutes to be 100% sure.
  • Latest FR , similar to what someone said on a different thread here.

Personally can't see MK Franchise selling to us.

21 Dec 2011 15:31:27
    MK Dons Stephen Gleeson is Charlton's number one target for the January transfer window.

His arrival will see Darel Russell return to Preston.

Chris Powell still hopes to sign Jeff Schlupp from Leicester City

• No chance, but if we pulled something like this out of the bag in January....

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2554823,00.html

• No chance, but if we pulled something like this out of the bag in January....

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2554823,00.html

As you said, no chance.
  • edited December 2011
    If anyone thinks we'd get him I want some of what they are smoking

Straight swap with BWP maybe...........

In honesty - he was Leicester's golden boy in the summer and I think BCFC turned down something like £6m for him.  If we were to go for him it would mean our Mysterons are absolutely minted.
  • 2 'marquee' signing remember.

He could be one.... ;-)

• Could Maynard go bak to leicester ?
    Increase the chances of schlupp (sp?) come here on permanent maybe
  • edited December 2011
    I doubt very  much if there will be one marquee signing let alone two. I expect to see one good signing along the same lines as in pre season and then a couple of additional fringe players. Nett outlay? Probably between £0.5 and £1m
  • Sponsored links:

• Read a report yesterday that Leicester were going to offer £3m PLUS Beckford for Maynard.  I'd be very happy with Schlupp at this stage from what I saw of him in some of their cup games.

• I thought he'd go to Everton in the summer but I imagine that's off if they're inviting bids now. Leicester haven't paid over the odds for a player in a few months now so I imagine they're the obvious choice
  • edited December 2011
    More chance of signing Sharon Gleeson from Cagney & Lacey :-0

• Hmm ....might be Sharon Gless?
  • I saw Dale Stephens with a protective cast on his foot so no conspiracy there, just injured
  • Shame about Maynard, had seen his contract was expiring in the summer and harboured hopes we would snap him up in the summer when we were promoted from this division...would have had half a chance then but not in Jan!

• More chance of signing Sharon Gleeson from Cagney & Lacey :-0

Sharon Gleeson?  Was she the dark-haired momma or the blonde dyke?
  • More chance of signing Sharon Gleeson from Cagney & Lacey :-0

How tall is she?
  • I love the "Can Lady Cops Really Do The Job?"
  • Bring Parrett back from spurs
  • Sponsored links:

• FL Rumours tweeted that Danny Webber is likely to join Hudd in the new year.  Was on trial with us I think #charltonreject
  • Latest from FR

27 Dec 2011 19:18:14
    charlton targets:
    matt ritchie
    jeffrey schlupp
    jordan rhodes or ched evan or simeon jackson
    stephen quinn

Jordan Rhodes. Yeah right
  • Swindon turned down 500k for Ritchie. Bournemouth reported the bid and subsequent rejection on their o/s. No way would I pay that for him.

• RichCawleySLP
    Richard Cawley

#cafc will look to make Leon Cort's a permanent signing when the transfer window opens. Full details in tomorrow's paper.

Spurs duo Ryan Mason and Harry Kane to spend rest of season on loan at #Millwall. Full story in tomorrow's paper.

• If true then we have the back up defender we need, just need someone else up front to replace BWP when injured

• From the gospell of FR

29 Dec 2011 17:53:22
    Charlton are set to sign West Brom defender Joe Mattock on loan until the end of the season. Mattock is wanted by a number of Championship sides but the former England under 21 full back is keen on working with Chris Powell, of whom was Mattock's idol.

29 Dec 2011 17:40:51
    QPR boss Neil Warnock is expected to sell a number of fringe players in January in order to make spaces for new signings.
    Notss County have made an offer for winger Hogan Ephraim. Ephriam looks set to move to Meadow Lane as part as a loan deal with a view to a permanent deal in the summer.

• From the gospell of FR

29 Dec 2011 17:53:22
    Charlton are set to sign West Brom defender Joe Mattock on loan until the end of the season. Mattock is wanted by a number of Championship sides but the former England under 21 full back is keen on working with Chris Powell, of whom was Mattock's idol.

29 Dec 2011 17:40:51
    QPR boss Neil Warnock is expected to sell a number of fringe players in January in order to make spaces for new signings.
    Notss County have made an offer for winger Hogan Ephraim. Ephriam looks set to move to Meadow Lane as part as a loan deal with a view to a permanent deal in the summer.

That's right - Mattock is the left back we are desperately seeking (susan)
  • ........and Ephraim is so unhappy at not playing at Charlton that he is willing to swap potential champions for play off outsiders !!
  • ........and Ephraim is so unhappy at not playing at Charlton that he is willing to swap potential champions for play off outsiders !!

It must be the charisma of Mad Dog that's the attraction.
  • That site is just dreadful. Hogan was the one who contacted Charlton about joining. Notts Co my arse.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!