Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• McCormack to Dagenham and Redbridge according to Rich Crawley...
  • Wonder if he's going to be used to replace Francis, which would mean we'll still be after centre backs...
  • edited July 2011
    From what i've heard from a couple of sheff wed ST's they have been playing him RB to accommodate Beavers in the centre but he is clearly out of place their and with Beavers not being moved from CB they see him as no big loss at RB. So there could be a good chance we'll play him at centre half.
  • Morrison was a CH at Leicester whilst CP was there so I think that is where CP will utilise him
  • Sorry 6ft is too small to be. CB in this league unless he is an exceptional player which previous clubs do not concur. RBs need to be contributing going forward, and like Fry I suspect he doesn't'. Surely Cousins is old/big enough to play RB and should have the class to make an impact. CP good midfield signings but at back and upfront I'm not convinced.
  • Sorry 6ft is too small to be. CB in this league unless he is an exceptional player which previous clubs do not concur. RBs need to be contributing going forward, and like Fry I suspect he doesn't'. Surely Cousins is old/big enough to play RB and should have the class to make an impact. CP good midfield signings but at back and upfront I'm not convinced.
    He's already proved he's good enough to play CB in this league in his time at Leicester. Leicester fans said themselves that he was a very solid defender until Paulo Sousa took over there and ruined his confidence (apparently).
    So Brighton's defence, which contained one player over 6ft, was too small?

This obsession with how tall players are is laughable.
  • edited July 2011
    Sorry 6ft is too small to be. CB in this league unless he is an exceptional player which previous clubs do not concur. RBs need to be contributing going forward, and like Fry I suspect he doesn't'. Surely Cousins is old/big enough to play RB and should have the class to make an impact. CP good midfield signings but at back and upfront I'm not convinced.
    So Brighton's defence, which contained one player over 6ft, was too small?

This obsession with how tall players are is laughable.
    As long as they are reasonably strong and can jump, plus can move quicker that a grounded oil tanker (also known as Doc)
  • From what i've heard from a couple of sheff wed ST's they have been playing him RB to accommodate Beavers in the centre but he is clearly out of place their and with Beavers not being moved from CB they see him as no big loss at RB. So there could be a good chance we'll play him at centre half.
    Hmmmm if I was a player I would enjoy playing with Beavers
  • Sponsored links:

• ok ok ok, im gonna come out and say this.

it don't matter how tall you are if you can win a header its irrelevant. 

im taller than sam sodje but i'd never beat him in a header!

• Admittedly he was exeptional but Cannavaro was 5'9. (probably still is)
  • ok ok ok, im gonna come out and say this.

it don't matter how tall you are if you can win a header its irrelevant. 

im taller than sam sodje but i'd never beat him in a header!

Exactly, Phil Chapple was six foot and couldn't get off the ground whereas Chris Perry was a lot shorter but didn't have too much of a problem. Don't understand this height fixation either.
  • Chris Pewrry once had Peter Crouch in his pocket when we last played Liverpool at the Valley  -  5ft 10  v 6ft 6.

nuff said !!!!!!!

• The height fixation is because people need something to moan about. Can't moan about lack of signings, can't complain that the players we've signed are rated highly, can't complain that all we're buying is cloggers and punters, so something new had to be found to moan, bitch and whinge about. So it's the fact our average height isn't 7ft, all really rather pathetic. 6ft is plenty tall enough for a CB if they know how to time a jump.
  • Vinnie - italians get smaller with age. cannavaro is now just 4 foot 7.
  • Racist.
  • What I find odd is harveys gardener said Morrison is too small but we should sign Krystian Pearce. There is only 1 inch between them.

I just want the best centre backs we can sign. There are no rules that say teams can only be successful with CBs over 6 ft.

I read a fan elsewhere writing off Solly completely just because he's not very quick and great going forward, apparently we can only do well if our full backs are very quick, athletic and attacking.

I think some fans forget Curbs made us into a good Prem team with no out and out pace in midfield (when we played without wingers, 03/04 our best season in fact) and we had good defenders under 6 ft.
  • What I find odd is harveys gardener said Morrison is too small but we should sign Krystian Pearce. There is only 1 inch between them.

I just want the best centre backs we can sign. There are no rules that say teams can only be successful with CBs over 6 ft.

I read a fan elsewhere writing off Solly completely just because he's not very quick and great going forward, apparently we can only do well if our full backs are very quick, athletic and attacking.

I think some fans forget Curbs made us into a good Prem team with no out and out pace in midfield (when we played without wingers, 03/04 our best season in fact) and we had good defenders under 6 ft.
    Luke Young was never that quick or effective going forward and yet he was a bloody good full back who ended up playing for England - beggars belief that people can slag off Chris Solly - I've always been impressed by his efforts when I've seen them - looked far more steady in defence than Francis ever did and he's certainly no mug going forward either
  • CAFC Official tweeting "Time for some transfer news"?
  • Sponsored links:

• Morrison has signed, 3 year deal!
  • CAFC Official tweeting "Time for some transfer news"?
    See Michael Morrisson thread - just signed for 3 years
  • SLP Crawley

Right again i see no transfers at CAFC

LOL call your self a journo

we all know way before you

• edited July 2011
    Well he's not allowed to tap slater and Powell mobiles anymore
  • I'll be honest. after the millwall away i disliked solly thought he wasn't good enough didn't rate him wanted to see him gone. 

Bournemouth at home opening day 
    i ate my own words he was best player that day and he just better and better. wouldn't mind him at right back think he's a perfectly good rb for league 1.
  • At Millwall he played at LB. Parky decided to play him there, a kid, out of position instead of switching the far more experienced and senior Francis. That says all you need to know about both Parky and Francis. Also, can't remember who it was, maybe Reid, but he got absolutely no help down that flank and despite struggling was, as I recall, still our best player b a country mile on the day.
  • solly was probably the only player left with any respect after the millwall game.
  • large, francis wasn't here for millwall away?....
  • Francis didn't play for Charlton when we played Millwall?? And if I remember rightly we had no other choice - Sodje, Youga and Jackson were injured
  • Lol.

Francis - 2
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!