Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• I understand what you're saying Exiled, but I just don't believe his crossing was consistent enough for him to be deemed a good crosser of the ball. The amount of rank corners Francis put in are one of many bad things that stick out in my mind about him. I'm not knocking anyone who believes the contrary, but I'm afraid I'll never be swayed in my Francis opinions. I wanted to believe he was good as he looked the part, but he let me down way too many times last year!
  • fraizer richardson would be the signing of the summer for me i had real football man love for that man, great player great pro, gutted when he left truely gutted

Really?

Always ran into blind alleys. Not much of a crosser iirc too
    You're high and drunk mate, Richardson was great for us, I think I might have competition on the football man love for him, top top player, great attitude, should be playing at a higher level as well.
  • Richardson was great for us, I think I might have competition on the football man love for him, top top player, great attitude, should be playing at a higher level as well.

He will be.
  • Frazer Richardson (born 29 October 1982 in RotherhamSouth Yorkshire) as stated in Wikipedia

He played really well for us but time has passed since he left.

Think the dream might be an old one

• No chance we will get him back.
  • The same source that just rubbished the Sol Campbell rumor has claimed we will be making another 4 signings, all on loan, two CB's, a RB and a striker.

• Moose_talkSPORT
    Ian Abrahams

I'm told Charlton - who've made 12 signings - are after 4 loan players Striker, Right Back and 2 Centre-halves

• mmm could be interesting times still to come
  • Liverpool link? Udinese Link?
  • MetroLink?
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps Danny Batth is one of these rumoured loans? 
    Hope so, he's 6ft 3".
  • if there are going to be loans and it comprises of our two starting CB's then CP has gotta get this bang on. with all the crap loans we have seen the last few years, it would be a real shame to waste all the hard work of assembling what is the best midfield on paper in the division by combining it with a pony defence.
  • Danny Bath? It was Shaun Shower seen in the dressing room at Sparrows Lane
  • Stephen Darby of Liverpool could be the RB loan??
    Hope so, he's 6ft 3".
    And it will pee Wednesday off!
  • The way it was going I had hoped we'd have at most a couple of loan players. I'd rather see us carry on signing players that are proven at this level, especially when it comes to defenders.
  • The way it was going I had hoped we'd have at most a couple of loan players. I'd rather see us carry on signing players that are proven at this level, especially when it comes to defenders.

Still think that is the way it will end up.

Think we will get a 5th striker in on loan and maybe a young CB\RB.

Unless we have real emergencies, I can't see wholesale loans happening. CP has constantly said he wants to see his team out there. Loans will detract from that vision.

•  

Perhaps Danny Batth is one of these rumoured loans? 
    Hope so, he's 6ft 3".
    And it will pee Wednesday off!

That'll teach them for hiking up Morrison's price!

The way it was going I had hoped we'd have at most a couple of loan players. I'd rather see us carry on signing players that are proven at this level, especially when it comes to defenders.
    Agree with this, I hope CP and co will try to build a new, permanent back four that could work together for a few seasons and also make the step up to the Championship. 
  • think the Moose is wide of the mark with them all being loanees AND has the positions slightly wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• RichCawleySLP Richard Cawley 
    Not sounding that likely that #cafc will have any transfers this week. Probably catching their breath!

RichCawleySLP Richard Cawley 
    Also told #afcb pursuit of #cafc's Simon Francis is a slow burner. Fair bit of work needed for it to happen.
  • I reckon he is wrong
  • bloody hope he is wrong or else all this early optimism will be gone if we go on tour with our current defence.
  • bloody hope he is wrong or else all this early optimism will be gone if we go on tour with our current defence.

Because he has such a great record doesnt he!?

I'd take almost everything he says with the proverbial.

Expect atleast one in before we go. Dont be surprised if we see triallists on Saturday. No mention of them yet, always a few around each pre-season.
  • it's not like it's a secret powell wants people in before the tour. no surprise if we just come out few deals before sunday.
  • Nobody else has done much business in L1 so I'm not too concerned at the lack of CB's

Brentford have made some very good buys this summer, new manager as well, plus a fair bit of backing they could be a threat for promotion.
    Jesus, bit much.
  • Football Rumours are saying Welsh International Lewin Nyatana as well as Michael Morrison and Adam Smith are signing.
    Done research on FM and Wiki and he is left footed 6ft 2in and quick.I know its FR but this looks possible.
  • Lewin Nyatanga from bristol city???

cannot see that at all, only went on loan to peterborough last season as he had a major injury and needed match fitness. played the whole season prior to that and has 2 years left on his contract.
  • edited July 2011
    But perhaps considered not a key member of the Bristol City team, right now?

Fair bit of experience mainly Championship, and 34 senior caps for Wales.
    And still only 22.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!