Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Morrison would be a decent signing, remember he did well at Leicester and didn't get a proper crack at Wednesday.
  • Reams on Into The Valley reckons we have had a 250k bid accepted by Sheffield Weds.
  • edited July 2011
    Had a look at Morrison's stats, played regularly for Leicester when they won League One and in the Championship the season after. Must have done fairly well, would have been about 20/21 at the time.

Signed for Sheff Wed in January and since then has played about 12 times for them. Only 23 so you'd think he'll only improve,

If FM is accurate he's not going to add any pace to our central defence. And at 6 ft like Tricky said probably isn't going to be the beast we could do with either. Would be good to have a centre back with pace and another that will dominate in the air (probably not going to find a player with both while at this level...)
  • to be fair it's another young player who can and has got out of this shit league before! 
  • matt taylor is only 6 ft on wiki
  • matt taylor is only 6 ft on wiki
    Is he taller on Wiki than in real life then?
  • Wiki adds 2 inches, like cameras add ten pounds
  • Reams on Into The Valley reckons we have had a 250k bid accepted by Sheffield Weds.
    If so, it's evident that Powell remembers him from his coaching days at Leicester, likes his attitude and character, and regards him at 23 as another hungry player desperate to establish himself.

Apparently, a central defender who is equally at home at right back ......... is he the defensive utility man, able to cover both CB and RB?
    If so, Curbs is mentoring Powell well !
  • If he wears long studs surely that will help.
  • If he wears long studs surely that will help.
    Or platform boots :o)
  • Sponsored links:

• 6ft and only 12 st. Bit lightweight perhaps.
    Crickey best get myself on there then! :)
    el oh el   :)

• Latest from FR. Any comment ?

03 Jul 2011 15:12:38
    Don't normally post 'rumours' but have heard some interesting news on another team.
    I'm a AFC Wimbledon fan and have heard from my uncle who works at Charlton Athletic that they want to complete the signings of all their intended targets before their pre-season tour of spain starting next sunday.
    The names he mentioned are: Michael Morrison, Karleigh Osbourne and Adam Smith and Zack Ansah on loan.
    He also said no out of contract players will be staying with the club.

• Latest from FR. Any comment ?

03 Jul 2011 15:12:38
    Don't normally post 'rumours' but have heard some interesting news on another team.
    I'm a AFC Wimbledon fan and have heard from my uncle who works at Charlton Athletic that they want to complete the signings of all their intended targets before their pre-season tour of spain starting next sunday.
    The names he mentioned are: Michael Morrison, Karleigh Osbourne and Adam Smith and Zack Ansah on loan.
    He also said no out of contract players will be staying with the club.
    I'd be happy with all of those
    Personally, i prefer redtube. ;-)
  • edited July 2011
    Adam Smith 19 yr old Spurs right back who has been on loan to Bournemouth this season.
  • Adam Smith 19 yr old Spurs right back who has been on loan to Bornemouth this season.

He's 5'8", so he wouldn't be the answer to the only fault people find in Solley.  
  • No point in loaning Adam Smith. It would hinder the development of our youth academy product and help the development of another team's player. If we're going to loan players we need to take advantage of the system.
  • Well if there's any mileage in the Simon Francis to Bournemouth story then we'll need a RB, but given that Chris Solly is inexperienced I'd rather have as back up someone with at least a couple of seasons under his belt. In a year or maybe two Jordan Cousins might be ready, but it's probably too early for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Russell is coming in on loan from Preston. I think to play right back.
  • Michael Morrison is also accomplished Right-Back.  But I'll take Adam Smith if Francis is departing have Solly and Smith battle it out for that right back slot. Cousins imo could be 4th choice centre-back and 3rd choice right back a far better option then Mambo.

• Russell is coming in on loan from Preston. I think to play right back.

Russell is a centre mid. Definitely not a right back.
  • we should not loan in a center mid. just no.
  • Do we need any more midfielders? Really?
  • NO LOANS!!!!
  • Just read on Twitter that 23 y/o Sheffield Wednesday CB, Michael Morrison is expected to sign for us in the next couple of days. Worked with Powell at Leicester.
  •  

These two are on Football Rumours it seems both are possible or maybe wishfull thinking

04 Jul 2011 11:16:53
    Patrick Kisnorbo has all but signed a two year deal with Charlton after they held talks in London on Sunday.

03 Jul 2011 23:24:17
    Charlton are in talks with Southampton for the services of Frazer Richardson.

• Richardson was a solid right back better than Francis and Solly

Kisnorbo hasn't played in a year due to achilles problems
  • What has happened to Krystian Pearce? Should be at top of CP's list. Osborne has only had half a season as a decent centre half, Morrison too small given our lack of height at full back.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!