Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• He'd go to a Championship club if anywhere.
  • What has happened to Krystian Pearce? Should be at top of CP's list. Osborne has only had half a season as a decent centre half, Morrison too small given our lack of height at full back.
    Osborne has been good for more than half a season.
  • What has happened to Krystian Pearce? Should be at top of CP's list. Osborne has only had half a season as a decent centre half, Morrison too small given our lack of height at full back.
    From what I can see Pearce is 6 ft 1 and Morrison is 6 ft...
  • Every inch counts....
  • So does that 6  ft 1 is the cut off point? Anyone shorter is too small for us to sign...?
  • So does that 6  ft 1 is the cut off point? Anyone shorter is too small for us to sign...?
    Seems so.  Forget ability, spring, anticipation etc.  Height is everything : - )
  • Solly is 5'7" at most, Wiggins 5'9" Taylor only 6'1": so we need some authority. Osborne loaned to Conference two years ago and only bit part full back until recently. I've seen him play a lot, he is not a 1st choice CH.
  • Simple solution is buy short centre backs and a rack!
  • I know it is only Twitter and not the bastion of truth that is Football-Rumours but Addickted.net (who so far this summer have been seemingly spot on with all their predictions)  say 4 more, Morrison and Sol Campbell, then two more strikers.

Sol Campbell, he would have to have decided he wants to play again

• Lots of people saying that Sheffield Wednesday are going to sign Llyod Dyer from Leicester tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• wednesdayite say we've shown an interest in clinton morrison....
    Hope not
    Bad Egg
  • .Transfer rumours saying that we are trying to sign Lloyd Dyer and Danny Batth who are both Owls targets.

Probably a wind up although Dyer is at Leicester so maybe the Chris connection.

• Danny Batth is a decent player by all accounts, we should be looking at him
  • Danny Batth is a decent player by all accounts, we should be looking at him
    Was linked a few weeks ago.

Was meant to be that we want to buy and Weds want to loan.  Don't know if that is true or still the same or even which Wolves would prefer.
  • If Frazer came back would be great
  • fraizer richardson would be the signing of the summer for me i had real football man love for that man, great player great pro, gutted when he left truely gutted
  • I do hope that we are in for that Baath chap (wasn't that the political party that Saddam Hussein invented, btw?).  He sounds like just what we need.
  • fraizer richardson would be the signing of the summer for me i had real football man love for that man, great player great pro, gutted when he left truely gutted

Really?

Always ran into blind alleys. Not much of a crosser iirc too
  • Sponsored links:

• I liked Richo and he was a steady player. Would be a good signing. Swisdom is right though, he'd be a much better player if you could put Francis' crossing with the rest of Richo's game.
  • Linked well, good footballer but lacked pace. We definitely missed him.
  • I'd have Richardson back in a heartbeat - a real solid performer; just what you want from a defender!
  • What is this myth about Francis' supposed crossing ability?! I just don't get it! Francis is 1000000000000000000000000 times the player Francis is in ALL aspects of the game.
  • I meant Richardson is 1000000000000000 times the player Francis is! ;)
  • What is this myth about Francis' supposed crossing ability?! I just don't get it! Francis is 1000000000000000000000000 times the player Francis is in ALL aspects of the game.

?
  • See above, my bad!
  • Yep, I doubt there's any sentient Charlton fan who'd prefer Francis over Richardson, but the latter isn't a Charlton player any more and essentially had to be sold to fund last year's team. I'd take him back, but I thought his lack of pace against left-wingers was his only real weakness. Then again if he was faster he'd never have signed for us in the first place.
  • Is there a rumour about richardson or is this just wishful thinking?
  • It's not a myth though Domo. Not all Francis's crosses were belters and some were down right rank, but when he got it right he whipped in some absolute peaches last season. I would say all the best deliveries from wide last season were sent in by Francis. I know he didn't have much competition but he has it in him to whip in a dangerous cross, Richo didn't seem to have the same level of ability in this one small department and it was a weakness along with a slight lack of pace, although I think he was playing through a injury for a while which didn't help.

Overall though, Richo is a much better allround player on the evidence of his and Francis's time in an Addicks shirt.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!