Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• so a breather for two days.  I think I can wait that long.....well I hope I can 

• karl osborne@karl_osborne22karl osborne
    On the way home from training time to chill & think!

What do you think he needs to think about, p'haps he is on his way to CAFC

What do you think he needs to think about, p'haps he is on his way to CAFC
    Another great player ive never heard off !
  • No I think he quite likes sudoku
  • Latest rumour is that there's nobody left for us to buy. What we've done over the last couple of weeks is a bit like an episode of supermarket sweep.
  • well Uwe Rosler has been on twitter saying he didn't know Osborne was on twitter and maybe Charlton have bribed him with a new smartphone. Sounds to me like we are defo in for him and he has a decision to make
  • Most mental rumour in a while but a lot of Twitter talk saying we're getting David N'Gog from Liverpool. Rubbish I'm sure but a rumour nonetheless!
  • he'd probably still be shit in league one!
  • What's interesting is that its a journalist for the Racing Post that's saying it and that he'd heard we'd be making a marquee signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• sorry mart77 what do you mean by marquee signing is that slang for something else?
  • A marquee signing is a big name signing. Reporters name on Twitter is Mark Langdon.
  • cheers Mart77
  • checked it out,  doubt if any truth but  either way it's always nice to be linked aha
  • Would love it, but it doesn't sound remotely feasible!

I hope we are in for Osborne - I wouldn't be at all surprised if we are.

• apparently we've been in for him and shunned by brentford. hopefully we'll go for him again, feel he'd be a great partner for taylor. quick and strong with strong and big. it's a good combo.
  • What's interesting is that its a journalist for the Racing Post that's saying it and that he'd heard we'd be making a marquee signing.

Just had a look at that and followed the conversation back. He said he's heard we're getting a marquee signing, but hadn't heard about N'Gog. It was @pauljones1981 that said he heard we are "nailed on" to sign N'Gog.

I'd be happy with a few more solid League 1 signigs who could potentially play in the Championship. Bellamy didn't guarantee Cardiff promotion and couldn't have been cheap...
  • Well that didn't last

@pauljones1981: @marklangdon @kristian_walsh N'Gog was a joke. Sorry. Or should that be "is a joke"? 8/1 with most firms for league one”
  • There has been talk of a certain marquee signing but considering who we've signed so far and the wages issue I can't see it happening.
  • apparently we've been in for him and shunned by brentford. hopefully we'll go for him again, feel he'd be a great partner for taylor. quick and strong with strong and big. it's a good combo.
    Just what I thought. Legge plays the Taylor alongside him at Brentford.
  • Sponsored links:

• TBH I think we have had all our marquee signings already, however if there is one in the pipeline it would either be a loan or a free, even then it would be someone we would consider a marquee like Bowyer (never going to happen though)
  • edited July 2011
    To be honest, I'm more worried/intrigued about who's going to be leaving. 10 in and a few possibles for new contracts (e.g. Dailly) means the squad is kind of lopsided and however rich the Mysterons (tm)  are it makes no business sense to be paying wages for players who will never/hardly ever play (e.g. McCormack- Jackson and all the new midfielders would be ahead of him surely.) There were rumours Robbie was on the way out, DvdDD mentioned something about Doherty leaving but neither story seems to have had much legs. I expect this situation to change...
  • jackson's are first choice lm, and powell will always start him.
  • jackson's are first choice lm, and powell will always start him.

Yet I'm told CP said he sees JJ as more a CM.

I personally don't think we're lopsided more that some players could do with being trimmed from the squad who aren't good enough.

• Yet I'm told CP said he sees JJ as more a CM.
    What Powell said was that playing JJ in CM was an option and that JJ (along with BWP) were going to be key parts of the team.

• Yet I'm told CP said he sees JJ as more a CM.
    What Powell said was that playing JJ in CM was an option and that JJ (along with BWP) were going to be key parts of the team.

My 'source' mislead me!
    That makes more sense as atm I think Stephens and Hollands will be occupying the centre, flanked by JJ and Green.
  • Dont forget CP said this prior to getting his targets in.  Although he may have known who he wanted, he did not know if he would get them, so that his thinking may be different now.  Does he still think that JJ will be a key part of the team? 

• I think JJ will defo play a major role... Hes the only one who will be playing who started last season! Key to have to who really feels at home at the heart of the team, imo he should be captain. Also his goal scoring record was v. impressive last season for a midfielder and he was out for half of it. If we can keep him fit i think he could still be are best player next season. Consistency... 
  • According to "Fanhouse Percy" (a football jounalist) on Twitter, we might be in for Michael Morrison, the 23 year old centre back from Sheffield Wednesday.

He signed for Weds from Leicester where he would have worked with Powell.

To answer the REALLY important question, Wikipedia says he is only 6 foot tall! BOOOOO
  • sheff wednesday friend don't rate him, he couldn't get into their team last year.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!