Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• SLP states both Green and Stephens have signed and will be at a press conference today
  • Where does it say about the press conference? Could you post a link to that story? Thanks.
  • Its funny how in the article on SLP of our double capture....it mentions Stephens turning down Saints because there was no guarantee of being a first team regular.....is it guaranteed he will be a first team regular with us?
  • Saw that. Just can't see the mention of a press conference.

• Well its says we are poised to unveil them today so I imagine that would equate to a press conference.
  • The press conference was mentioned in the shorter article that was put out last night.
  • Its funny how in the article on SLP of our double capture....it mentions Stephens turning down Saints because there was no guarantee of being a first team regular.....is it guaranteed he will be a first team regular with us?
    I see it more along the lines of he felt when on loan their last season he was not given a fair chance and feels if he sined again it may be the same.
  • According to Rothko's best mate Richard Cawley  "Adam Barrett staying at #cpfc after moves to Bournemouth or Notts County both collapse:"

Centre back.  31 now but could do a job
  • Maybe we'll get a few Italian centre backs on loan from Udinese ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Dennis Rommedahl linked to Leicester and Brum
  • According to Rothko's best mate Richard Cawley  "Adam Barrett staying at #cpfc after moves to Bournemouth or Notts County both collapse:"

C'mon, look I was just calling out what I thought was exceptionally lazy journey wrapped in a plea to either get clicks on the website or to buy the failing newspaper.

C'mon, look I was just calling out what I thought was exceptionally lazy journey wrapped in a plea to either get clicks on the website or to buy the failing newspaper.
    Does not matter it beightened my day.
  • Took my follower count up, so I ain't complaining that much 
  • I think you are mellowing in old age
  • Well, there is that.
  • According to npower league1 tweet....... Bournemouth will now let Wiggins go.. will it be us or Watford?
  • If we get Wiggins as well, I will be over the moon!
  • Anyone know what's happened to the comms team's twitter thingy?  Can't find it today.
  • According to npower league1 tweet....... Bournemouth will now let Wiggins go.. will it be us or Watford?

Seems that Darryl Powell is his agent too. Him and Powell played together at Derby.
  • Sponsored links:

• The rumours surrounding centre backs have seemed to stop altogether. It's obvious we are going to sign at least two. I wonder if we have switched our attention to foreign centre backs using Jeff Veteres contacts ? Might explain why no new rumours are currently doing th rounds or have I missed something ?
  • think we've probably been looking around/ waiting for contracts to expire for defenders, 
  • Looks like we've had bids rejected for Osborne at Brentford and Okuonghae at Colchester. Fits in with what Richard Cawley tweeted, we're finding it hard and centre backs are expensive.
  • Just seen this on Twitter -:  Addicks land trio as Powell looks set to raid old club Leicester #cafc
    I dont know if there is anything in this, but wondering who the 'Foxes' player could be?
  • The rumours surrounding centre backs have seemed to stop altogether. It's obvious we are going to sign at least two. I wonder if we have switched our attention to foreign centre backs using Jeff Veteres contacts ? Might explain why no new rumours are currently doing th rounds or have I missed something ?
    Midfielders and forwards are flashy, showy people who like to talk and show off so they leak stories like a sieve.

Centre backs are solid and taciturn types who let their football do the talking hence nothing reaches the press.

Therefore we have already signed two CBs but just not been announced.    Maybe.
  • perhaps there are less 'quality' centre backs around, we used to bemoan this about central midfielders however we seem to have hit a glut of these, or perhaps its just quality player of any kind
  • I would not at all be surprised if SHG is right and we see a couple of defensive arrivals (courtesy of Mr Vetere) to a chorus of 'who?' and a frantic scramble to be the first to give the low down on them following a bit of speed reading on Wikipedia!
  • I think we'll see a defender or two in the next 7 days, Osbourne is being tracked, the guy at Col U will be chased again, so lets hold on.
  • Pre-season starts tomorrow.....I guess that if CP/Slater et al are looking at CB's they will be in but maybe not until Friday (ish) which is 1st July when most contracts seem to finish. Word on twitter was there would be 3 signings today, I suspect we will hear more in the defensive department on Friday or early next week, afterall if CP is moulding a new squad then he needs CB's in a.s.a.p!!

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!