Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Don't feed the troll
  • Can anyone shed any light on what Mr Bent is saying....cant understand a bloody word. I logged on here this morning and saw 45 unread posts on this thread and thought there must have been some interesting news on potential signings etc............only to find Mr Bent with post after post of.......nonsense (at least thats how it reads!!!)
  • Can anyone shed any light on what Mr Bent is saying....cant understand a bloody word. I logged on here this morning and saw 45 unread posts on this thread and thought there must have been some interesting news on potential signings etc............only to find Mr Bent with post after post of.......nonsense (at least thats how it reads!!!)

At first I thought he was bonkers.

Now I suspect he is on a wind up.

At first I thought he was bonkers.

Now I suspect he is on a wind up.

Tend to agree with you Clem......he's also at it on the Danny Green thread!!
  • Daily Star linking us with Dale Stephens. Nothing new except they say he's rated at £350k.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/197920/Charlton-chasing-Dale-Stephens/
  • Deffo a WUM Troll
  • Deffo a WUM Troll

@Henry

Have you started ending every sentence with the word troll penguin ?
  • According to the Brentford Website Karleigh Osbourne is out of contract.  Guess we would have to pay a development fee because of age but otherwise cant see how we would have had 2 bids knocked back.
  • According to the Brentford Website Karleigh Osbourne is out of contract.  Guess we would have to pay a development fee because of age but otherwise cant see how we would have had 2 bids knocked back.

According to Brentford fans, he has one year left on his contract so I'm hopeful that there's a deal to be done. The funny thing is that forum's like theirs, Dagenham's and Oldham's are all bemused as to how we're trying to sign their best player's as they still think we're on the verge of going bust!
  • Perhaps all the low key spin on how our budget would be only a little better than Rochdales has done he trick. Of course it will only work once but good practice if we are getting all our ducks in a row before signing for a fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps all the low key spin on how our budget would be only a little better than Rochdales has done he trick. Of course it will only work once but good practice if we are getting all our ducks in a row before signing for a fee.

More to do with them knowing very little about out takeover I'd say. We don't know all the details ourselves. Must quite a few Charlton fans that didn't know what Powell said about out budget, most fans of other clubs won't know anything about it.

If managers and chairman of other clubs think we have little to spend that can't be a bad thing. Probably won't last once we start paying fees.

I wouldn't be surprised if all fees we pay are undisclosed, just like the fee for BWP (and even Benson) was.
  • Andy Reid to Forest, according to The Mail
  • yes Also I live locally And should go to this game because I live local In clacton-on-sea essex.

And I do love Charlton Athletic and Johnny Jackson and Chris Powell

Acworths given up cockle picking in Morecambe and moved his scouting operation to Clacton

• I've watched Karleigh Osbourne a lot over past 4 years, a much improved player but nowhere near as classy as Legge. Speaking of Bees centre-backs, Sonko seems to have been released by Stoke, was on 20k but been on loan in CCC last two years. Quality player.
  • Brentford have just signed German centre back Marcel Eger off St Paulli.I wouldn't think he has come over as a squad player
    . Maybe this might mean Legge or Osbourne might become available.
  • God knows who you're gonna think of when if we ever get back to the Prem...
  • Defo Ackworth!
  • Names Darren Lock new to this site about 1 month ago.

darrenlock1111@hotmailco.uk

How's Geraldine?

So you can write English ?
  • i give till the end of the week and he'll be asking for your bank account number and sort code to transfer funds from western union
  • Sponsored links:

• I do not think so .

End of the day I lived up north for four years not getting barly no contract with charlton athletic.

Now i am back in essex some-1 told me about this site and I wanted to go on it find from the fans points who charlton are linked with and what players could be going better this why.

because i do not believe the sun paper

There's a better site. Its called Into the Valley. You should check it out.

This one is full of hyperbole, innuendo and half truths.

You're not the Darren Lock from Clacton-on-Sea are you ?
  • I do not think so .

End of the day I lived up north for four years not getting barly no contract with charlton athletic.

Now i am back in essex some-1 told me about this site and I wanted to go on it find from the fans points who charlton are linked with and what players could be going better this why.

because i do not believe the sun paper

There's a better site. Its called Into the Valley. You should check it out.

This one is full of hyperbole, innuendo and half truths.

he just made his first post on there
  • Getting back onto thread. Dale Stephens is rumoured to be in talks with Norwich. Anyone heard any different or got an inside track. I'm really hoping he comes to us.

• From the Beeb gossip page:

"Liverpool are close to completing the signing of Charlie Adam, the
    Blackpool midfielder, with Jonjo Shelvey moving in the opposite
    direction on a season-long loan. The Anfield club are also set to sign
    Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing.

Full story: The Independent
  • Indeed Oggy the rumour yesterday was £8.5M plus Shelvey and Darby on season-long loans to Blackpool... can't imagine Jonjo will be too enamoured with that
  • Cheers, ISaw.

Where's Uncle - he'll know if it's a true or false?
  • Indeed Oggy the rumour yesterday was £8.5M plus Shelvey and Darby on season-long loans to Blackpool... can't imagine Jonjo will be too enamoured with that
    Presumably we won't either as further payments to us are based upon appearances for Liverpool (I assume).  That said a season of first choice in midfield would not be a bad thing for his development rather than 15 minutes here and there for Liverpool.
  • Liverpool busy buying up all the overrated Brits for ridiculous amounts of cash - my goodness they have wasted some money over the years...Carroll (£35M), Henderson (£20M), Downing (£8M) & Adam (£9M)...total £72M and for a bunch of players not good enough for the Champions League IMO.
  • edited June 2011
    Agree. None of those would get anywhere near Man Utd or Chelsea let alone a good foreign team.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!