Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• hopefully he'll realise the numbers up and sod off !!
  • would mean saying au revoir to Vincalot

Stephens has been linked to plenty of Prem and CCC clubs so I'd go as far as to say that he's as good if not better than Vincelot.
  • Where's the ambition Charlton?  
  • I don't think Saints fans were that impressed with Stephens.

Had a look and he made 5 starts and 1 sub app, all in the last 6 games of the season. They won 5 of those games and lost 1.

Not really enough games to properly judge a player. They probably hoping they can sign better now they're back in the Championship?
  • Some have said Adam Smith might be a good signing . In this interview on Sky he seems to indicate that he wants to move up to Championship Level next season but hasn't ruled out League One .

Highly-rated defender Adam Smith has put a huge dent in Bournemouth's hopes of bringing him back for next season, with his heart set on playing in the Championship.

The 20-year-old impressed during a season-long loan with the Cherries from Tottenham last season, helping the club qualify for the play-offs in their first season back in the third tier.
    However, with his contract at Spurs set to run out this summer, a number of Championship clubs are keen to win the race for his signature.
    Cherries manager Lee Bradburyimage has previously confirmed that they have made the highly-rated full-back a 'good offer' to bring him back to Dean Court, but Smithimage feels ready to test himself at the next level.
    "When I went there (Bournemouthimage) I did well and we went on a winning streak and started to climb up the table pretty quickly," he told skysports.com
    "Obviously, we managed to finish inside the play-off places and to lose in the semi-finals was disappointing, but overall it was a very good season for the fans and the club.
    Test
    "I've done League Two and League One, so I do feel that next season is the right time for me to test myself at the next level, which is the Championship.
    "I think that I can play at that level and hopefully I can replicate the form that I showed for Bournemouth last year in the Championship, so I'm definitely looking at that level next season.
    "There have been League One and Championship clubs showing interest and making offers for me, so I'll see what is on the table when I come back off holiday and make the decision what is best for me then.
    "I'm 20 now and I feel that I've matured a bit having gone out on loan a few times and at the end of the day it is a short career in football, so I want to play as many first-team games and go as far as I can in the game.
    "I feel that next season is a big one for me and this decision about staying at Spurs or moving elsewhere is an important one in that sense."

Had a look and he made 5 starts and 1 sub app, all in the last 6 games of the season. They won 5 of those games and lost 1.

Not really enough games to properly judge a player. They probably hoping they can sign better now they're back in the Championship?
    I was only really going on little snippets I've seen from Saints fans on other boards. Haven't really looked that into it other than that. That's nearly a perfect record so he must've been doing something right
  • I was talking to Phil Chapple about Dale Stephens about a month ago and
    said I thought he was a really exciting player and was gutted he went to
    Southampton.  His response was just to smile and say "He only went
    there on loan, for a large loan fee.  He is still an Oldham player"

I believe I went on record when we were initially linked and said he was
    one to look at - I stand by that.  Very good, young and extremely fast
    player.

FWIW - I mentioned Alcock at Yeovil impressed me and he said
    "Unfortunately he's out of contract but Yeovil want a development fee. 
    Looks like he's heading to Scotland as they don't need to pay a fee up
    there."

He proceeded to tell me his age, height and strengths and weaknesses
    (very good in the air apparently - despite his height he needs to be
    marked on corners).  This is a right back from Yeovil - not some
    international superstar

All in all I got the impression Phil Chapple really does know his shit with lower league players

• Dale Stephens is only 5' 7"
  • Lionel Messi is 5' 6 1/2"
  • Sponsored links:

• There is a player having talks at the valley at the moment will know who in a bit
  • How tall was Norman Wisdom ?

• FWIW - I mentioned Alcock at Yeovil impressed me and he said
    "Unfortunately he's out of contract but Yeovil want a development fee. 
    Looks like he's heading to Scotland as they don't need to pay a fee up
    there."

He proceeded to tell me his age, height and strengths and weaknesses
    (very good in the air apparently - despite his height he needs to be
    marked on corners).  This is a right back from Yeovil - not some
    international superstar

All in all I got the impression Phil Chapple really does know his shit with lower league players

Yes but we don't know what he does so he must be rubbish.
  • edited June 2011
    Yes but we don't know what he does Pardew brought him and Parky kept him so he must be rubbish.
  • All in all I got the impression Phil Chapple really does know his shit lower league players

Eh? Bit harsh.

• All in all I got the impression Phil Chapple really does know his shit with lower league players

Dickson, Fleetwood, McCormack, Francis...

If Semedo is going then I think we will be fine with Alonso and Hollands, although I think Marcus Bean would be a good replacement.

• Marcus Bean is mediocre at best and often can't get in the Brentford side.
  • He's a Has-Bean
  • He's a Has-Bean

Oh dear Oggy. You forgot to add " I'll get my coat"
  • There is a player having talks at the valley at the moment will know who in a bit
    Fingers crossed
  • Sponsored links:

• Green is on holiday so who could this be ?
  • Green is on holiday so who could this be ?
    perhaps Green is holidaying in Greenwich
  • Dale stevens
  • Dale stevens

Is at the Valley now?
  • Was this morning having talks
  • Dale stevens

Is at the Valley now?
    If true then it backs up what John Still said in the Sun that they were resigned to losing Green but would not sell any others.  We may have been told no when asking about his team mate and moved on to Stephens, or it was simply agent talk
  • Not if true is true
  • Yet another person in the know!

• Seems likely, we were linked back in March just before he signed on loan for Southampton

• Have seen him play and heard rave reviews about Stephens. I really like him gives a touch of flair when on the ball and abit of creativity that has been missing since A.Reid left.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!