Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Promising, would be good to have some young midfielders who are actually ours and not on loan, who we can build a team round....
  • Yet another person in the know!

Yeah i am in the know, proved that with other things I've put on here, my pal works at the club
  • dale stephens? another midfielder, i hope powell has got a few defenders lined up to sign.
  • dale stephens? another midfielder, i hope powell has got a few defenders lined up to sign.

Either that or we'll have to win each game 7-6
  • edited June 2011
    Either that or we'll have to win each game 7-6

I'm up for that!

• Dale stevens
    Looked calm on theball in his short loan spell here, had a good eye to spot out passes. Was only signed here as cover for Schneiderlin, could be a good signing for you lot.
  • Many rumours down there Saints?  Oxlade and Lllllllllllana hanging about?
  • Many rumours down there Saints?  Oxlade and Lllllllllllana hanging about?

Lallana signed a new four and half deal in January.

Despite reports, no club has put a bid in for Chamberlain. We're looking for a silly amount of money along with a 40% sale on fee according to some reports.

We're quiet on the transfer front but we're being linked with Maynard and Sharp. Doncaster have just rejected £3m for Sharp from an un-named Championship club which is thought to be us.

• 3m? That is bonkers. 
  • You have to laugh!

FR

23 Jun 2011 14:30:47
    Asked Simon Francis on twitter about potential signings for Charlton Athletic and he said Paul Benson text him this morning that his mates Danny Green and Romain Vincelot are signing from Dagenham and Redbridge. Apparently Vincelot is "an absolute legend".

• Sponsored links:

• My friend who is a Sheff Weds fan just e-mailed to say that his link in the club (his brother works in the PR / marketing team I think) says that Danny Batth (Wolves CB) has turned down a return to Hillsbrough and is signing for Charlton.

He is having a right strop and said if we get Batth and Green he is never speaking to me again! Apparently this CB guy was the nuts on loan there last year. Anyone seen him play?

• Simon Francis hasn't been on Twitter for a few days, silly people, these things are easy to check
  • Name: Danny Batth
    Nationality: English
    Date of Birth: 21/09/1990
    Height:6' 3" (191cm)
    Weight:13st 5lbs (84.9kg)
    Previous  
    Clubs:Sheffield Wed (loan), Sheffield Utd (loan), Colchester (loan)
    Position: Defender

PLAYER SPONSORED BY:

Punjabi Wolves

PUNJABI WOLVES

A big, strong
    central defender from Brierley Hill, Danny Batth was one of the seven
    Academy graduates to sign professional terms at the end of the 2008/09
    season.

He possesses good defensive qualities and an excellent attitude and has featured regularly in the Wolves reserve side.
    Batth overcame a
    bad shoulder injury while in the Academy to become a key figure at youth
    level and has been at the club since he was ten years old.

He enjoyed
    his first taste of senior football after joining Colchester on loan in
    September, 2009, with the club remaining unbeaten in his first seven
    appearances.

In total he made 18 appearances for the U's, 17 of them starts, and scored one goal.
    On returning to Molineux he was named Young Professional Of The Year at Wolves' End of Season dinner. 
    Some
    impressive pre-season form for the Development Squad ahead of the
    2010/11 campaign saw him make a senior start in the 4-0 friendly win at Walsall.

And
    this was followed up by a competitive debut in the Carling Cup Second
    Round tie with Southend in August, 2010, which Wolves won 2-1 after
    extra time, Batth playing the entire match.

• Was this morning having talks

Smiffyboy, any idea how the talks went?

If a player is having talks with the club, does that mean that Oldam have deffo accepted an offer for him or at least given us permission for us to hold the talks?

• I don't know mate sorry all I can say was that he was there for quite a while so fingers crossed It went well I will let u know if I hear anymore or if anyone else comes in.
  • Apparently Mark Gower is leaving Swansea and someone on twitter says he's signing for us. I recall someone saying something about this a while back.

• I'm getting worried, all these midfielders you have to wonder if it means Mccormack is going :-(
  • mccormack going woowhooo ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Right winger? Might mean the Green deal is not so 'done'
  • i shouldn't moan at players that play 42 games for a promoted championship team, but it is another center mid....
  • I don't care how many midfielders we get in. The stronger/bigger the squad is the better. Were going to get injurys and suspensions so we need a strong bench to fill in when need be.

Obviously defence needs rebuilding but powelly will sort that don't you worry
  • nope, he's a winger. bring him in!
  • Apparently Mark Gower is leaving Swansea and someone on twitter says he's signing for us. I recall someone saying something about this a while back.

He's a winger right?
  • He can play both wings and has played centrally for them this season. Bloke is quality and i'll be chuffed if we get him.

I know people are worried about the lack of defenders but it's not like we're not going to sign any. We're obviously trying to assemble a decent team, piece by piece.

• Isn't Gower a right winger?
  • Our midfield is currently Hollands, Pritchard, Alonso, Jackson, Wagstaff, McCormack, Warren, Bover, Cousins, Davisson and Harriott.
    Only the first 6 of that I would say are first teamers, with Harriott probably added to that. Get Green and Gower in too and we're laughing. Add Vincelot and/or Stephens to that too and I'd say we had the strongest midfield in the league. I think it's safe to say that Semedo is off now...
  • edited June 2011
    Rated Gower during his Sarfend days.

Even if his legs have gone a little bit at 33 years of age, he'll still have the footballing IQ to get by comfortably at this level. His versatility would come in useful, too.

As for the lack of defenders in the current squad - I think the club might have noticed...
  • It's all very well getting a midfield package but if we don't have the defenders then what is the point competing for promotion?

I know I need to be paitent but I do hope we bring in a defender before pre season starts.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!