Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Liam Dickinson has been released by Barnsley, wasn't we linked to him last summer?
  • Anyone we were linked to last summer !!   we don't want now.
  • Would like to think we would have a good go for green though i can see peterboro ending up with him using some of the mclean and CMS money.
  • I'd have Hudson back (can't see it happening). Surely he'd go to Crystal Palace or Millwall though?
  • I wouldn't have Hudson back...could not stand the guy, one of the main reasons why we got relegated from Champ.. IMO
  • I Just saw on Sky Sports that Javan Vidal is looking for a new club after leaving Manchester City. A full-back who usually plays at right-back, but he can play on the left and at centre back too. Vidal is very mobile and has good potentail as he is only 22 and been with City for a while. I thought he could be a very decent addition given the right training and playing him a good position that will suit both us and him.

Vidal was on loan at Grimsby, Aberdeen and Chesterfield last season. He has quoted that he only wants to join a team with ambition and that wants to get promotion. I think we fit the bill perfectly.

• I'd have Hudson back (can't see it happening). Surely he'd go to Crystal Palace or Millwall though?

I cant understand the rage that the very name  'Hudson'  induces in many Charlton fans. Cardiff took a dive after he was dropped. Their defence which he managed on the field looked very porous as soon as he wasnt around. I guess he and D Jones fell out.

Thing is, is he better than Doherty and /or the aging Dailly?

• Thing is, is he better than Doherty and /or the aging Dailly?

Yes, it's never easy for a center back to play well when his partner changes every game or so, would have him back straight away.

Yes, it's never easy for a center back to play well when his partner changes every game or so, would have him back straight away.
    I cant see hudson as a 'Powell man'  t b h. He'll go for a brick outhouse type to complement Doc or Dailly. But what about Dailly doing a Keith Jones in midfield?
  • Sponsored links:

I cant see hudson as a 'Powell man'  t b h. He'll go for a brick outhouse type to complement Doc or Dailly. But what about Dailly doing a Keith Jones in midfield?
    Got to say, i can't see the logic of Dailly doing a Keith Jones - Dailly's getting on, last thing he wants is a role where his work rate will be need to be his main asset.
  • I wouldn't have Hudson back...could not stand the guy, one of the main reasons why we got relegated from Champ.. IMO

Totally agree...the worst CAFC captain I've seen in my 30 odd years of supporting the club.

Totally agree...the worst CAFC captain I've seen in my 30 odd years of supporting the club.
    Hudson's fault or Pardew's fault. I would say the latter!! Didn't exactly instill confidence in the team, did he? 

Hudson was an absolute carthorse. Constantly had players running off his shoulder.

Didnt want him when we signed him originally defo dont want him now.

Hudson's fault or Pardew's fault. I would say the latter!! Didn't exactly instill confidence in the team, did he? 

• However bad Hudson was he had nothing on Paddy McCarthorse!
  • agreed. both rubbish. At least Hudson was dominant in the air but definitely don't want him back - reality is that both would probably expect to do better than sign for us.
  • Martin Rowlands Linked
  • I see Paul Heffernan has ended his contract at Sheff Wed a year early. I know we were in for him last year, wonder if we'll inquire again?
  • think he's kilmarnock bound,
  • Hudson was ok but was playing in a terrible team alongside numerous defensive partners. I think he would have been better without the burden of captaincy and wonder why Bailey didn't get that job instead. Anyway, surely he'd still command much bigger wages than we could offer and there must be quite a few Championship clubs that would take him.

• Sponsored links:

• other funny one from FR site

millwall to up their bid for charlton athletic midfield star alan mccormack

Theres lies and damned lies , i know what that one is, you gave the game away when you said 'Midfield star'
  • mite have said midfield masto on football rumour site ;-)
  • iam scared now!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
  • rob earnshaw is on a free transfer we should try and have a go at getting him!

Theres lies and damned lies , i know what that one is, you gave the game away when you said 'Midfield star'
    Surely "up their bid" is the give away.
  • rob earnshaw is on a free transfer we should try and have a go at getting him!
    Mate reckons he's palace-bound
  • they delind wanting him!!
  • 20:46 - FR 

Wayne Rooney is set for talks at the Valley , after discovering his 'hair doctor' was an addicks nut , Wayne will waiver his usual signing on fee on the proviso his son Kai is offered a space on the Charlton bench, Kai could be the 'missing link' in Charltons midfield , akin to Wayne also being part of the 'missing link' Wayne is a firm believer in evolution , and not revolution.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!