Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Ay por dios!

Has Messi got a little brother?

He's got a couple of footballing cousins, Emanuel and Maxi Biancucchi :-)

I would get Mikel in even if he only has a 100th of Xabi Alonso's footballing talent
  • FR

19 Jun 2011 23:29:31
    Oldham Athletic in the next week are expected to sign striker Paul Benson after the striker was made available on a free transfer by league one club Charlton Athletic.

• "excentrocampista"

he's super camp?
    Perhaps he was a scout at Tenerife? (geddit?) Scout, camp....coat
  • http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13830206.stm

Aberdeen unlikely to sign Gavin Rae, but still on their radar.

Their centre back Zander Diamond is out of contract and won't be signing a new deal. We've been linked with him in the past.
  •  Their centre back Zander Diamond is out of contract and won't be signing a new deal. We've been linked with him in the past.
    Wasn't he signing for Hibs or Hearts but they pulled out after he failed a medical?

He was very highly rated when a teenager but seems to have not lived up to his early promise.

Still, a centre half and on a free plus young enough to increase in value.
  • In the rest of football, Chelsea are shelling out £15m to Porto to get Andre Villas-Boas in as manager
  • Is that a goer rothko i saw it on some dodgy portuguese site earlier and thought it was hot air. Would be great for them in long term if Abramovich is ready to look beyond the here and now for a change.
  • Looks a goer, looks like the story has come from Porto
  • Same age as Frank Lampard.  Seems crazy to me - I know he's done well at Porto but he will forever be likened to Jose and it will be so difficult to match what he done.

But then again, he could win the CL for Chelsea in his first season...

• Same age as Frank Lampard.  Seems crazy to me - I know he's done well at Porto but he will forever be likened to Jose and it will be so difficult to match what he done.

But then again, he could win the CL for Chelsea in his first season...

Understand what you're saying but what he did this season with Porto was pretty freaking exceptional.

Could be a one-season wonder but, if not, could certainly be an interesting appointment
  • Sponsored links:

• more great insight from FR

"20 Jun 2011 12:08:30

Was speaking to my friend at great length who is a journalist for a
    south london paper (not going to name him or the paper for obvious
    reasons) and he told me Charlton Athletic have offered Paul Hayes and
    Cedric Evina contracts and have also had discussions with Dean Bowditch
    and Clayton Donaldson but nothing concrete yet.

Charlton have also bid £400K for Magnus Okounghae and are also
    optimistic of sealing loans for Emmanuel Frimpong and Adam Smith. The
    sticking point of these two deals are the lengths of the loans.

Nothing about Danny Green YET but the club are very interested in the player.

(Hope he doesnt read this site because he wont be happy ive passed this on!!!)"

Well he may not read FR but he might  well read CL if he exists at all that is.
  • edited June 2011

He is a poor journalist for not putting all that in his paper before it became public
  • it seems very likely that a few of these potential transfers will happen this week and more action over the next few weeks once players come back from holidays and trials start happening at clubs training grounds where management can look at players at close quarters
  • Someone's been reading Charlton Life, me thinks
  • http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13830206.stm

Aberdeen unlikely to sign Gavin Rae, but still on their radar.

Their centre back Zander Diamond is out of contract and won't be signing a new deal. We've been linked with him in the past.
    @Scoham - notice Daniel Uchechi makes an appearance in that article too. He's been on trial at more places than Jordan's had boyfriends!
  • Harrison Dunk (LB/LW) who had a trial with us last season) has signed for Cambridge Utd.

From the Bromley OS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Club can confirm that although much improved terms were
    offered to Harrison Dunk at the end of last season, these terms were
    politely declined and Harrison has now agreed terms with Blue Square Bet
    Premier side Cambridge United.

Bromley and Cambridge United have been in touch and opened
    discussions regarding a compensation fee under FA rules relating to
    players that are out of contract but under the age of 24.

The Club wishes Harrison every success for the future and thanks him
    for his hard work and dedication during his time as a Bromley player.

• Cambridge sign another ex-Addick/Addick target then!
  • Any rumours on new kit colour?
  • Home will be Red

White for the away

• Sponsored links:

• Red.
  • Was playing table tennis with Mikel Alonso's brother and he told me that it will be red (home), white (away).

Expect an announcement before the season starts. 

• Just seen we have been linked to this guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dja%C3%AFd_Kasri

• Well it's not a rumour... Dean Bowditch has gone to MK Dons on a free. I know there was a bit of desire to see him down at The Valley but hopefully we are on to bigger and better things

Doesn't look too good - released one month into his contract in Algeria after failing to impress the manager in pre season training

Doesn't look too good - released one month into his contract in Algeria after failing to impress the manager in pre season training
    I think we are going to have to be fairly trusting as far as unknown foreign players go, Vetere and Jimenez have a good enough record to deserve confidence at least from the beginning.
  • just got a latest rumour from a very good source charlton are set to sign palace youngster matthew parsons on loan for the season

I think we are going to have to be fairly trusting as far as unknown foreign players go, Vetere and Jimenez have a good enough record to deserve confidence at least from the beginning.
    To be honest its going to be a case of lets wait and see with all the signings as even those from English clubs are unknown to me - it always amazes me how so many on here appear to have an in depth knowledge of lower division players - when do they get the chance to see them all play when they are supposed to be supporting Charlton?
  •  

Parsons is a left back and was on loan at Barnet last season where he got mixed reviews . I hope we still get Evina and personally I would like another lb in the squad but hoped it might be someone more experienced .

• How about Nicholas Parsons instead. What we are doing looking at players who can't even shine at Barnet I do not know - Of course could just be agent talk but would like to see some tangable signings sooner rather than later.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!