Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Just heard that despite claims of significant invesment, the hollands move has left us with around 90k? Anybody have any idea of who we could get for this price?
    The fact we've just sold Jeckinson for a fair bit, I would highly doubt 90k left to be true.
    WHOOOOOOOOOSH
  • edited June 2011
    Too early for me ; - )
  • Heard the guy who was available for 90k his club now want 95k for him, so another one we've missed out on :(

Lazy from CP. We've had that bloke watched for a while now and knew everything about him apart from his price.

Sort it ahrt.

• @RichCawleySLP: #cafc set to make improved bids for Bournemouth left-back Wiggins and Colchester defender Magnus Okuonghae.”
  • Both would be good signings in my book. May take a while, but as with Benson last year, I can see us getting these both over the line eventually. We must have some really decent money by league 1 standards. You must remember that 90% of teams in our league will spend nothing in the way of fees - so with our attendances we will also be able to pay more wages. There really is no excuse for not getting a team that is play off standard at least.
  • http://www.greenun24.co.uk:80/colchester-united/cowling_charlton_nowhere_near_okuonghae_valuation_1_917187

A few quotes from Colchester, we made a low 6 figure bid, he's out of contract in a year, they're saying we'll have to make an "extremely large" offer.
  • It is encouraging that we seem to be cherry picking (or at least being linked with) some of our rivals' better players. It may turn out that these initial bids are just testing the water, and may be enough to unsettle the player.
  • Were they (or the manager) not denying that a bid had even happened yesterday?!
  • Can't we offer McCormack in part exchange?

Perfect arrangement: Colchester get a midfield maestro and we get rid.
    Especially as the player has a shorter commute from Southend.
  • It was their manager I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Were they (or the manager) not denying that a bid had even happened yesterday?!
    Were they (or the manager) not denying that a bid had even happened yesterday?!

Turns out that's because the chairman rejected our bid straight away

“I’m delighted with the way Robbie has handled this,” said U’s boss John Ward, who returned back to his desk at The Weston Homes Community Stadium yesterday following a two week break.
    “He didn’t even disturb me with it while I was away – he just rejected it straight away.
  • edited June 2011
    Maybe the offer was in fact rejected by the chairman because his manager was on holiday?

It might also be the case, that if they did allow the player to move, then they would first of all need to identify a suitable replacement. And that is the management team's job, not their chairman's.

Their chairman won't be totally against making 6 figures out of the deal, providing they can secure a replacement at a fraction of the cost.He'll see that as good housekeeping. and a good deal for the club.

It's the manager who won't be quite so keen to lose one of his best players.

• Seem to remember John Still saying something similar to the Benson deal last year, lets put our money where our mouth is .... manily on the proviso we can shout 'BEEEEEEEAAAAST' at him

Colchester report they want another £100K if they have to take McCormack aswell. Bite their arm off I say.

Or better still a bag of crisps.
  • If we can't flog him, we should stick McOxo on a pay as you play deal.

£100 a game should do it and he can pay it in by cheque.

• If we can't flog him, we should stick McOxo on a pay as you play deal.

£100 a game should do it and he can pay it in by cheque.

Great idea, Macro.

Except the player is under contract - and the law says you have to honour it.

;o)
  • Some FR Classics

10 Jun 2011 16:50:32

Charlton will up offer for Bournemouth's R Wiggum & hope to land him by next week

10 Jun 2011 15:42:21

Charlton Athletic have told Johnnie Jackson he is free to leave
    should the right offer come in for him. Wigan, Leeds, Crystal Palace and
    Middlebrough are all thought to be interested in the 2 mil rated
    midfielder

10 Jun 2011 15:39:03

Charlton Athletic set to sign Barry Corr from Southend United, as
    well as ex Leyton Orient star Sean Thornton and an unknown teenage
    goalkeeping sensation from Honduras

10 Jun 2011 14:26:07

Charlton could sign Scottish striker Daryl Duffy on a free transfer

10 Jun 2011 12:39:30

Charlton to unveil 3 signings on Monday morning, Lee Bowyer (new club captain), Jason Euell & Sol Campbell

10 Jun 2011 11:58:54

Chris Hackett Millwall - Charlton 100k done deal.

Therry Racon going other way.

10 Jun 2011 11:37:55

Chris Porter has had offers from charlton athletic and Sheffield Wednesday

10 Jun 2011 10:12:48

Charlton talking to Max Blanchard the out of contract Tranmere defender.

• Jackson is staying
  • Apart from possibly Corr and Porter every single one of those is utterly hilarious!
  • Sponsored links:

• Blanchard's not out of contract hes been told to go, no new contract offered.
  • edited June 2011

You missed this classic Henry:

27 May 2011 00:52:53

The next manager of Barnsley FC will not be Russell Slade and will be Phil Parkinson. Parkinson is has told Patrick Cryne he would like the following:
    -Hameur Bouazza will join on loan from Millwall but with a hefty loan fee of around £200,000.
    -Izale McLeod will sign from Barnet for around £100,000.
    -Darren Ambrose will sign from Crystal Palace for around £1 million. (This will be the first signing of the new takeover).
    -Mark Hudson could join from Cardiff after handing in a transfer request.
    -Josh Wright will sign on a free transfer after being released from Sc**thorpe United.
    -Zheng Zhi will join on loan from a team in China.
    -Darren Randolph will arrive from Motherwell for around £100,000.
    -Frazer Richardson will join on loan from Southampton.
    -Nicky Bailey will sign from Middlesbrough in a deal worth £1 million. (Same as the Ambrose transfer).
    -Lloyd Sam could be set for a surprise move from Leeds United after claiming he's unhappy with Ken Bates.
    -His last deal will be Akpo Sodje from Hibs, hopefully a permanent transfer but not quite clear yet.
    -Parkinson has also told he wants Andy Gray up front by himself at the moment but depends if he can get the likes of Sodje and McLeod.
    -It is not yet clear what staff he's going to bring in but it is rumoured that he could appoint ex Chelsea player Damian Matthew as youth coach, Charlton legend Keith Peacock as the assistant manager and ex Addicks keeper Ben Roberts to be the goalkeeper coach.

Definately one of the best I've seen on there.

• Just seen Jack Cork linked to Southampton, according to the Mirror (may be BS then) they are going to pay him 15 grand a week... shows the difference between the Championship and our league... some of Middlesbrough's salaries make that look as minuscule as well 
  • Just seen Jack Cork linked to Southampton, according to the Mirror (may be BS then) they are going to pay him 15 grand a week... shows the difference between the Championship and our league... some of Middlesbrough's salaries make that look as minuscule as well 
    Yeah but Middlesbrough are headed for oblivion unless they somehow get their house in order.
  • oooh

Mullins and Demerit on FR now marvelous some old school rumours

• The window is in full swing now Hayden Mullins has just been linked with us on Football Rumours
  • Mullins and DeMerit was me, come on, someone had to
  • oooh

Mullins and Demerit on FR now marvelous some old school rumours

Won't be the same til Purse is up there
  • Could go even further back and put Claridge on there
  • More bollox on FR, if that useless tosser comes back I'll personally hand Powell his P45

10 Jun 2011 18:42:28

Charlton Athletic are on the verge of swooping highly rated striker Izale Mcleod after impressing at Barnet with 14 goals in 29 games. 

Addicks manager Chris Powell hopes a straight swap for Bradley Wright Phillips is possible as he is keen to get his hands on the 26 year old striker.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!