Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Footballers that get called by their first and last name. 

Thanks Callum
  • Options
    When you accidentally click on a video on your phone and the damned thing starts playing 
  • Options
    Charlton Takeovers:(
  • Options
    When you accidentally click on a video on your phone and the damned thing starts playing 
    I did that in a West End theatre earlier this month. I couldn't turn the thing off quick enough. Quite embarrassing. 
    The play was a comedy so the people around me just laughed it off but my wife was less forgiving.
  • Options
    rina said:
    curry houses not sending poppadoms with my order

Chinese restaurants not sending prawn crackers with my order

I don't care how good your food is, I've got plenty of places to choose from and there's a good chance I won't be ordering from you again if you're not giving me these as freebies 
    So you didn’t order poppadoms or prawn crackers, but are annoyed they weren’t delivered for free?
    Curry houses that now charge for the condiments to eat with your (paid for) poppadoms. 
    Damn those restaurants for having the cheek to charge a price for something that costs them money to source and produce.

Why should I pay for rice to go with my (paid for) chicken tikka masala?
    The point is it used to be part of having the poppadum's not a further charge for the relish/condiments to have with them. Your analogy might be more like saying paying for the lemon wedge that comes with my Bhaji. 
  • Options
    Not round my way it weren't!
  • Options
    rina said:

I don't care how good your food is, I've got plenty of places to choose from and there's a good chance I won't be ordering from you again if you're not giving me these as freebies 
    So you didn’t order poppadoms or prawn crackers, but are annoyed they weren’t delivered for free?
    Curry houses that now charge for the condiments to eat with your (paid for) poppadoms. 
    Damn those restaurants for having the cheek to charge a price for something that costs them money to source and produce.

The point is it used to be part of having the poppadum's not a further charge for the relish/condiments to have with them. Your analogy might be more like saying paying for the lemon wedge that comes with my Bhaji. 
    fair enough, although I think most itemise these separately nowadays. I suppose ultimately nothing is free - whether its priced on the menu or not, the restaurant will cover its costs and deliver a margin, so yes you are paying for your lemon, you just don't know it!  
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    rina said:

Do you adopt the same policy in pubs? Look I bought a pint and they've not given me another one free.
    But that's not something that ever used to happen whereas poppadoms/prawn crackers always used to be sent with every delivery until recently
  • Options
    rina said:

fair enough, although I think most itemise these separately nowadays. I suppose ultimately nothing is free - whether its priced on the menu or not, the restaurant will cover its costs and deliver a margin, so yes you are paying for your lemon, you just don't know it!  
    Of course you are right but the itemisation makes it feel worse ! Its the same with flights/holidays when you have to 'pay' for seat reservations / checked in luggage etc - all things that in effect you likely need that are now presented as optional extras rather than some things a few people choose not to take.

Another example is on insurance polices optional excess and compulsory excess !
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    On a similar theme, the lack of bread pudding available now, Gregg’s have plenty of room for endless varieties of cup cakes and donuts but no bread pudding. 
    If you’re anywhere near Bexleyheath, “The Bakery” in Pickford Lane over the road from the station does a very good bread pudding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this one just me or does everyone get this?

On those ‘list’ articles that come up on Facebook - you know, the “25 amusing tweets” or “40 entitled people” type things. Every time I open one, I get to read a few of the items, then it goes blank and needs refreshing. Really irritates me. Not least because everytime it happens I get pissed off with myself for opening these stupid articles in the first place. 😂

• Options
    My wife's car being booted by some chav outside a shop yesterday.

Appreciate there's worse things to happen but it's a repair bill we could really do without.
  • Options

Appreciate there's worse things to happen but it's a repair bill we could really do without.
    Death is too good for maggots who do things like that. And never quantify what annoys you, this is a completely rational thing to get murderous about however the irrational stuff is absolutely fine 

There is a special place in hell for those who damage other people's vehicles, I always park as far as I can away from supermarkets to avoid some stain on the gusset of society allowing their dumb kids or them smacking the doors into my paintwork or ignorantly letting a trolley ding into my pride and joy 
  • Options
    Carter said:

Death is too good for maggots who do things like that. And never quantify what annoys you, this is a completely rational thing to get murderous about however the irrational stuff is absolutely fine 

There is a special place in hell for those who damage other people's vehicles, I always park as far as I can away from supermarkets to avoid some stain on the gusset of society allowing their dumb kids or them smacking the doors into my paintwork or ignorantly letting a trolley ding into my pride and joy 
    Yeah, my wife takes the piss out of me when I park in supermarkets etc. I always try and find the widest space I can and I constantly get "there's one" from both her and my daughter, even if it's just about big enough for a Noddy car. She's the complete opposite, just goes to the 1st one she sees, to her the car is just a lump of metal to get from a-b. 
    Got to be honest, I am with Mrs M - Unless it is a classic car.   
  • Options
    Carter said:

Yeah, my wife takes the piss out of me when I park in supermarkets etc. I always try and find the widest space I can and I constantly get "there's one" from both her and my daughter, even if it's just about big enough for a Noddy car. She's the complete opposite, just goes to the 1st one she sees, to her the car is just a lump of metal to get from a-b. 
    Got to be honest, I am with Mrs M - Unless it is a classic car.   
    I wouldn't take my classic anywhere near a supermarket car park!

I do kind of get where she's coming from but I just have to treat something that was so expensive carefully. 
  • Options
    I’m also with Mrs M, my son in law is all over his cars. He won a Japanese classic of some description in one of those online raffle things worth 55k couldn’t get one of my dogs in it if folded them in half. His everyday car is fecking immaculate, he recently got in mine and told me I could send my rear window off to have the dogs DNA tested 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Carter said:

I'm somewhere in the middle, I'll park further away and walk if it means spare spaces next to me, but I'm not that bothered about my car - my one is the cheaper run-into-the-ground one we've got.  Just think it's easier to park that way!

Turns out there were absolutely tons of cars either kicked (really hard, proper dents) or keyed in town at the weekend - all thought to be one guy who's also been smashing alcohol in the supermarkets etc too. Unfortunately my wife literally nipped to get about 2 things from the shop just at the wrong time.

I presume there's more than a few issues there (and sad if it's a case of him not getting help he needs) but who knows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t usually watch it but sat here watching Tenable.
    The final round…the list is in alphabetical order and the contestants keep guessing answers that don’t fit in the missing gaps.
    so frustrating, the bloomin idiots.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Absolutely this. We drive an old 1986 Chevy pickup which I have spent a fair amount of money restoring and getting mechanically sound. Whilst I am less worried about the paintwork (which is not perfect), my missus will drive at a pothole at full speed without even trying to avoid it and rev the hell out of the thing on a cold morning to help warm it up!

The other day she drove at a speed bump so fast the engine actually stalled.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Love the pulp fiction quote "it would be worth them doing it just so I could catch them doing it". Lost a wing mirror recently and they left a note, all sorted... If they hadn't I'd have been justified in killing the first born male in the whole city
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Carter said:

Love the pulp fiction quote "it would be worth them doing it just so I could catch them doing it". Lost a wing mirror recently and they left a note, all sorted... If they hadn't I'd have been justified in killing the first born male in the whole city
    Hmm. Who was the lifer who kicked someone’s wing mirror off a while back !!! 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Carter said:

Ditto.
    NB I was reversing out a few weeks back as did the bloke opposite/behind.
    We both somehow stopped in the nick of time.
  • Options
    People that park in parent and child spaces
    The staff at charlton onnthe food and drink stalls
  • Options
    People that park in parent and child spaces
    The staff at charlton onnthe food and drink stalls
    Yeah, bloody parents. Bastards!

• Options
    Whoever at Sky Sports chooses the team descriptors for the top left of the screen.

Carlisle United = CUT ???
    Stockport County = SPC ???

CUFC v SCFC…
    The city of Colchester wants a word with you