Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Not sure what the weather’s been like in Devon but there’s already been a hosepipe ban there, might still be in place.

The weather in this country seems to have degenerated into so hot humans begin to melt, pissing down with rain all the time or just plain cold so that you have to leave your heating on and then face exorbitant gas bills.

Poxy country.
  • Options
    Apps on my phone seemingly needing constant updating… it’s like painting the Forth Bridge, finally get them all done and then have to start again. Particularly galling with parking apps or airline ones, when you need them they always seem to need yet another update and there never seems to be any signal. Just leave them as they are ffs… 
  • Options
    Having to say no to a half brother puppy to Bowyer to continue Therapy dog work because the realisation that if the puppy was to live full term I’d be nearly 80! 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Having to say no to a half brother puppy to Bowyer to continue Therapy dog work because the realisation that if the puppy was to live full term I’d be nearly 80! 
    80 is the new 70 

Those dogs do you so much good and all the bending down to pick their masai warrior sized dumps up is excellent coupled with the obvious health benefits of the regular walks those monsters need. Do it mate German Shepherds are wonderful dogs who need good owners like you
  • Options
    Carter said:
    T_C_E said:
    80 is the new 70 

Those dogs do you so much good and all the bending down to pick their masai warrior sized dumps up is excellent coupled with the obvious health benefits of the regular walks those monsters need. Do it mate German Shepherds are wonderful dogs who need good owners like you
    I’m riddled with osteoarthritis these days, can’t even write my name on a bad day or a proper man size handshake will reduce me to a snivelling wreck such is the pain and as for my knees and ankles! 
    Contrary to popular belief they don’t leave a dump the size of a mini roundabout, it’s all about their diet not their size. 😉
    As for their exercise I started keeping a record in Jan 2022 I’m fecked😂

• Options
    When football highlights don't have the clock in the corner of the screen with the score, BT Sport seem to be one of very few that have this. 

The sound system at The Valley, why can I hear Brian and Charlotte perfectly yet anything else is a struggle.

Linesmen or whatever they're called this week, how many time was Leaburn having the shirt pulled off his back yesterday right in front of the lino yet nothing, it seems all they are there to do is to wave their flag to tell the crowd which way the throw in goes and the occasional offside.
  • Options
    I may have said this before, but I was out walking once when a dirty great Alsatian came bounding towards me.  The owner shouted out, 'Stand still you idiot' which I did, then she shouted, 'Not you ... the dog'.

Yeah he was probably being friendly, saying hello or playful or whatever dog owners tell you their mutt's intentions are, but I was bloody terrified.   
  • Options
    I may have said this before, but I was out walking once when a dirty great Alsatian came bounding towards me.  The owner shouted out, 'Stand still you idiot' which I did, then she shouted, 'Not you ... the dog'.

Yeah he was probably being friendly, saying hello or playful or whatever dog owners tell you their mutt's intentions are, but I was bloody terrified.   
    Sadly this is why people’s perception of my chosen breed is as it is.
    Our dogs are bigger in stature than an average German shepherd/Alsatian so it’s enhanced even more but 90% of the people with an opinion on my dogs will have met one like you have. 
    You are more than welcome to meet our dogs, because what you described makes me just as angry. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It helps I'm not scared of Dogs, and just gave the ones barking today the look of someone going: "Whats your problem you stupid thing" - Its more the fact they were off lead that pissed me off with their attitude.

My own Goldie has his First Birthday today, typical of his breed he's an absolute nut job, but has to be kept on lead when we're out because he tries to jumps at people... Not aggressively, he just wants fuss and be loved

I'm mortified when he does and am continuously training him not to, as I'd hate him to jump at someone terrified of dogs - But thats why he stays on lead
  • Options
    Inherited Privilege
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Sadly this is why people’s perception of my chosen breed is as it is.
    Our dogs are bigger in stature than an average German shepherd/Alsatian so it’s enhanced even more but 90% of the people with an opinion on my dogs will have met one like you have. 
    You are more than welcome to meet our dogs, because what you described makes me just as angry. 
    A very kind offer, thank you Ray, but I'm ok thanks.  

I know the vast majority of owners are pretty good and (from here) I know the work you do is quite exceptional.  This incident was a couple of years ago, but I remember feeling relieved when the dog got close as it became evident he wasn't hostile - not that I have any expertise - but the lack of growling and teeth was most welcome. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said: This 
    Gyles Brandreth. Insufferable gobshite
    I think Gyles might correct you and say that he is not a general thing
  • Options
    IdleHans said: This 
    Gyles Brandreth. Insufferable gobshite
    I think Gyles might correct you and say that he is not a general thing
    thereby confirming the correctness of my chosen adjective
  • Options
    Hotels the world over who all use the same bloody tiles around their pools that become like an ice rink as soon as they get wet
  • Options
    National Windscreens, Reading branch. Schedule an appointment to replace my badly cracked screen in over two weeks' time, confirm the day before, confirm on the morning then dont effing well turn up nor communicate their technician isnt coming after all. Call them this morning, connected to their Bristol call centre (where Sonia was very apologetic at least) after holding for over ten minutes only to be told that the glass hadn't come in and they didnt bother to let me know. I am compelled to use them as my insurer ties me in. They had better outperform from here on. Tossers.
  • Options
    The promise of a takeover that never eventuates.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Macronate said:
    The poxy weather in this poxy country.
    Im an end of terrace, and my end chimney and wind wall has had to be pulled down, and rebuilt after the render was taken away, and showed a lot more damage to the brickwork than was suspected

Scaffolding has been up since the end of November, couldn't get the wall repaired during winter because of the cold conditions... e.g the lime mortar wont set

Its meant there has had to be a delay until the Spring, and now it won't stop pissing raining meaning its taking longer to get everything done.

The scaffold is unfortunately taking up part of my neighbours drive (they have the choice of having it up, or the risk of our wall falling on them)... Which is understandably leaving both of us a bit irrate at the moment... If it could stop raining for just a couple of f**king weeks, we can stop being an inconvenience to everyone... But nooo... The weather doesn't want to fucking cooperate does it!!

As a footnote, it doesn't bother me because I dont have real grass in the garden - But bet this rain sticks around until the Summer, and we'll still have hosepipe bans!! 
    The fucking endless bullshit I'm having to put up with to get this end wall repaired - When we took off the original render, we always wanted to leave the brickwork showing, its a period property and find that even with the new brickwork, it looks better than having render thrown up.

We even had a Surveyors Report done between the render being removed, and the repair work started - the Engineer said we didnt need to have it re-rendered, instead there is a something that can be painted on to protect the brickwork from weathering (?)

Today we've had Building Control back out, to make sure that the Builders are doing the repair properly and to the letter - They're saying we will need to get it re-rendered at some point.

We've had BC here THREE times, we've had the Surveyors here TWICE, and this is the first fucking time we've been told about needing it rendered rather than leaving as is.

The scaffolding has already been up six months now (Our neighbour is an absolute saint as he's barely able to use his driveway to charge his electric car) - People are taking the piss now with how the goal posts are being moved about!!
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    The poxy weather in this poxy country.
    Im an end of terrace, and my end chimney and wind wall has had to be pulled down, and rebuilt after the render was taken away, and showed a lot more damage to the brickwork than was suspected

Scaffolding has been up since the end of November, couldn't get the wall repaired during winter because of the cold conditions... e.g the lime mortar wont set

Its meant there has had to be a delay until the Spring, and now it won't stop pissing raining meaning its taking longer to get everything done.

The scaffold is unfortunately taking up part of my neighbours drive (they have the choice of having it up, or the risk of our wall falling on them)... Which is understandably leaving both of us a bit irrate at the moment... If it could stop raining for just a couple of f**king weeks, we can stop being an inconvenience to everyone... But nooo... The weather doesn't want to fucking cooperate does it!!

As a footnote, it doesn't bother me because I dont have real grass in the garden - But bet this rain sticks around until the Summer, and we'll still have hosepipe bans!! 
    The fucking endless bullshit I'm having to put up with to get this end wall repaired - When we took off the original render, we always wanted to leave the brickwork showing, its a period property and find that even with the new brickwork, it looks better than having render thrown up.

We even had a Surveyors Report done between the render being removed, and the repair work started - the Engineer said we didnt need to have it re-rendered, instead there is a something that can be painted on to protect the brickwork from weathering (?)

Today we've had Building Control back out, to make sure that the Builders are doing the repair properly and to the letter - They're saying we will need to get it re-rendered at some point.

We've had BC here THREE times, we've had the Surveyors here TWICE, and this is the first fucking time we've been told about needing it rendered rather than leaving as is.

The scaffolding has already been up six months now (Our neighbour is an absolute saint as he's barely able to use his driveway to charge his electric car) - People are taking the piss now with how the goal posts are being moved about!!
    Seems to be the way with these people now. You know if they or their family were being pissed about like this they would be shouting from the rooftops, but as it isn't, they don't give a monkeys.   
  • Options
    Some twat at B&Q earlier, shaking his fist at me just because I nearly hit him in my Audi (silver if anyone's interested)
    u alright hun, text me. 
    happened to Me the another day, came out of nowhere made me drop me iPhone 33 I just got and smashed the screen, gun see if the social will pay to get it fixed.
  • Options
    My neighbour opposite firing off his BB gun every time the flippin' sun comes out.
    Grow up and get a job FFS.
    Actually I am sure there are laws against allowing your ammo to discharge into neighbouring properties.
    And it's scaring my dog
  • Options
    That everywhere we go song that’s doing the rounds across the EFL. Thank god the seasons over otherwise we’d be loving that.
  • Options
    My neighbour opposite firing off his BB gun every time the flippin' sun comes out.
    Grow up and get a job FFS.
    Actually I am sure there are laws against allowing your ammo to discharge into neighbouring properties.
    And it's scaring my dog
    I'd call the police just to get clarification if nothing else whether it is legal or not. 
    In fact leave the BB bit out, I'm sure they would pop round for a chat if nothing else. Preferably on a Sunday afternoon for maximum neighbourhood viewing. 
  • Options
    That everywhere we go song that’s doing the rounds across the EFL. Thank god the seasons over otherwise we’d be loving that.
    Most generic fan songs that we seem to pick up. "Follow Follow Follow" is one that particularly grates. Copied from other clubs with some shocking CAFC players names squeezed in. Its bollocks.

In fact most songs that we seem to copy from others...