Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Ball bearing guns and air rifles can only be used in your own property where there is zero risk of ammunition ending up in anyone else's property. If he's got a gas/compressed air pistol and assuming he isn't using plastic ball bearings those can comfortably go through any garden fence. 

Join a fucking shooting club, they all cater for air rifles and ball bearing pistol owners 

My personal annoyance this morning is someone sending me an email, an email I'll read when I get to it, then phoning me up, when I'm not at a PC and driving to talk to me about the poxy email. The beauty with email is you can have a discussion on that

• Options
    Carter said:
    Ball bearing guns and air rifles can only be used in your own property where there is zero risk of ammunition ending up in anyone else's property. If he's got a gas/compressed air pistol and assuming he isn't using plastic ball bearings those can comfortably go through any garden fence. 

Join a fucking shooting club, they all cater for air rifles and ball bearing pistol owners 

I was picking up ball bearings from my garden last summer before I realised what they were and what was going on.
    The properties are bungalows so I can't see into his property and I have a thick red robin hedge butted up against the dividing fence.
    Once we realised what was going on, we kind of gathered from listening that he was firing from the far end of his garden towards the end that abuts ours.
    Has has some kind of metal construction like a garage which I think is open at the front and he presumably had his target set up in there.
    I suspect wayward shots were flying over the top and landing in ours.
    I started collecting the ball bearings as "evidence" and then on one occasion one fizzed over and pinged against our conservatory window. (no obvious damage or break).
    We were out there at the time so shouted over the fence that the next time we would report him. There was no doubt he would have heard.
    He didn't respond but the shooting has continued.
    Since that day I have found 2 more ball bearings, but it is possible they were already in situ from previously.
    Since he started up again this year it  "feels" like he may have switched to firing width ways across his garden"
    There have been no further metal bearings, but when I cleared the leaf litter at the weekend I found 3 much larger plastic balls which I assume are also his ammo but am not certain. Don't know what else they could be.
    I assume the just ricocheted over.
    The noise of the gun scares my little dog, but that is obviously not an offence just an annoyance.
    If I find any more ammo I will be giving plod a ring
  • Options
    Chelsea Women's manager Emma Hayes -

"I'm a football fan. I've watched how much my club has suffered this year with ownership changes, the men's team hasn't been brilliant. Chelsea fans this is for you," Hayes said in her post-match press conference.

"I hope we gave you something you can smile about it this year. The whole club, owners included," she added.

Lol, if only you knew.......

• Options
    Carter said:

I was picking up ball bearings from my garden last summer before I realised what they were and what was going on.
    The properties are bungalows so I can't see into his property and I have a thick red robin hedge butted up against the dividing fence.
    Once we realised what was going on, we kind of gathered from listening that he was firing from the far end of his garden towards the end that abuts ours.
    Has has some kind of metal construction like a garage which I think is open at the front and he presumably had his target set up in there.
    I suspect wayward shots were flying over the top and landing in ours.
    I started collecting the ball bearings as "evidence" and then on one occasion one fizzed over and pinged against our conservatory window. (no obvious damage or break).
    We were out there at the time so shouted over the fence that the next time we would report him. There was no doubt he would have heard.
    He didn't respond but the shooting has continued.
    Since that day I have found 2 more ball bearings, but it is possible they were already in situ from previously.
    Since he started up again this year it  "feels" like he may have switched to firing width ways across his garden"
    There have been no further metal bearings, but when I cleared the leaf litter at the weekend I found 3 much larger plastic balls which I assume are also his ammo but am not certain. Don't know what else they could be.
    I assume the just ricocheted over.
    The noise of the gun scares my little dog, but that is obviously not an offence just an annoyance.
    If I find any more ammo I will be giving plod a ring
    Yeah thats out of order, put a picture up here if you want and I'm sure me and probably a dozen others will give a positive ID of what they are. What annoys me with people doing this is belive it or not there are responsible owners of things like air rifles etc although to be honest the amount of damage air rifles and ball bearing pistols can cause they should all be registered. 
  • Options
    London Transports current slogan

See it
    Say it 
    Sorted 

Constantly ringing out wherever whenever and of course the reality is, it would never be as simple as that because there’s rarely a member of staff visible.
  • Options
    The bloke in the My Diesel Claim advert, scripted as possibly the absolute most boring man in the world
  • Options
    People not doing the bare fucking minimum in the wedding planning process...

We've asked so little of our family and close friends throughout this process and they still manage to let you down. 

We've put all the work on ourselves and it's been a real struggle to do it all along with everything we are doing to renovate our house and a few other things going on in our lives. But we've pushed on though. 

Literally the most We've asked of some people is "here is a suit that we have bought for you to the measurements you gave us, we have hand delivered it to you. Please try it on in the next couple of days and check it fits close enough. We can all get final adjustments done a month out for no extra cost but if its majorly wrong and we need to re-order we need extra time". A month later and only 1 person has tried it on. A couple weeks later and most have but a couple of idiots haven't. One gave me the whole "I took it to my parents house to keep it safe but forgot to try it on and I'm not going back for a month". 

Fucking arsehole. Like the one thing we've asked of you is to try on the fucking suit. It's not hard. And you can't even manage that. 

At this point if it doesn't fit he's out the wedding. It's too late to exchange and I'm not paying for a whole new one. 
  • Options
    London Transports current slogan

See it
    Say it 
    Sorted 

Constantly ringing out wherever whenever and of course the reality is, it would never be as simple as that because there’s rarely a member of staff visible.
    Is that the one  "if you see something that doesn't look right, report it to a member of staff"?
    I keep wanting to say to the guard, there's a cnut over there in a Palace shirt
    It is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We've asked so little of our family and close friends throughout this process and they still manage to let you down. 

We've put all the work on ourselves and it's been a real struggle to do it all along with everything we are doing to renovate our house and a few other things going on in our lives. But we've pushed on though. 

Literally the most We've asked of some people is "here is a suit that we have bought for you to the measurements you gave us, we have hand delivered it to you. Please try it on in the next couple of days and check it fits close enough. We can all get final adjustments done a month out for no extra cost but if its majorly wrong and we need to re-order we need extra time". A month later and only 1 person has tried it on. A couple weeks later and most have but a couple of idiots haven't. One gave me the whole "I took it to my parents house to keep it safe but forgot to try it on and I'm not going back for a month". 

Fucking arsehole. Like the one thing we've asked of you is to try on the fucking suit. It's not hard. And you can't even manage that. 

At this point if it doesn't fit he's out the wedding. It's too late to exchange and I'm not paying for a whole new one. 
    make him wear it, and hope it doesn't even slightly fit. Then string him up as a wedding pinata. 

Had to deal with enough twats when I got married 15 years ago, still get 'Nam style flashbacks
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    McBobbin said:

make him wear it, and hope it doesn't even slightly fit. Then string him up as a wedding pinata. 

Had to deal with enough twats when I got married 15 years ago, still get 'Nam style flashbacks
    hahahah

Was expecting there to be some family drama but the usual suspects have been surprisingly well behaved so far. Its the friends for the most part that have caused the issues. Wont go into details but very close to kicking one friend out dues to his attitude and complaining about everything (thats being provided for him free of charge). Very close to cutting him out, its got to the point where I cant even talk about my wedding with other friends when he is around because he will butt in (usually from across the room) and moan about something we've done or how something isnt fair on him.

The worst part is he is also getting married this year so surely he must know what its like and want people to be supportive.
  • Options

Why have you bought people suits?
  • Options

Just those in the wedding party. Cheaper to buy than rent. Did ask for a contribution to them but the person mentioned above threw a strop so we ended up paying the lot.
  • Options

Just those in the wedding party. Cheaper to buy than rent. Did ask for a contribution to them but the person mentioned above threw a strop so we ended up paying the lot.
    you what ? 
    you dictate what they can wear and then want them to part pay for it ?
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    MrOneLung said:

you what ? 
    you dictate what they can wear and then want them to part pay for it ?
    Its pretty common. Everytime I've been best man/usher/groomsman I've paid for my own suit in full even if its not been what I would have chosen.

We've picked very nice suits 3 piece fully adjusted/fitted - they all loved them and a couple even wanted to wear them to other weddings that were before ours. I don't think £40 towards that was unreasonable. I've paid upwards of £300 before.
  • Options
    We had a no kids rule at our wedding, first person we told "Oh but my Zack and Lisa will be okay, won't they". 

Idea abandonded, wedding in Barbados... 
  • Options
    People who are too lazy to check their own lottery tickets, stood behind some geezer for ten minutes today while the assistant passed about thirty tickets through the machine. One had won €3.87... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did the ticket get blown away and everyone in town was chasing it like in the lottery ad?
  • Options
    The Scottish Listerine donkey.
  • Options

I need a new suit, any chance of an invite;)
    This did make me larf
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Read receipts on emails

I dont think I have ever OK'd the "yes I have read your email" notification to go back to the sender 
    I'd like to confirm that I read this post
  • Options

But do you need an ill fitting suit in purple latex? 
  • Options
    edited May 2023

But do you need an ill fitting suit in purple latex? 
    That'll do, I can pretend to be the artist formerly know as Prince, elder brother.
  • Options
    That suit will cost £19.99.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    That suit will cost £19.99.
    Are you selling one, or just have a deep knowledge of the cost of purple latex, iaitch?