Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Foxycafc said:
    Whoever at Sky Sports chooses the team descriptors for the top left of the screen.

Carlisle United = CUT ???
    Stockport County = SPC ???

CUFC v SCFC…
    The city of Colchester wants a word with you
    And to be fair, the city of Stoke as well.

Second best alternative (based on current three letter abbreviations) would be CAR v STK. That has to be infinitely more sensible than CUT v SPC
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    My new thing of annoyance.

Walk in Sainsburys (Local at Petts Wood).

Customers in the shop get totally ignored by staff because the staff are all picking and packing just eat/deliveroo orders.

I've used my time and energy to visit your shop to spend my money, show me some respect FFS.  Why should sone lazy f*cker using an app at home take priotity?!
    The amount of times i used to go in places for lunch up town and the queue was out the door because the staff were in overdrive trying to do the orders for these apps while everyone else in the shop had to wait. Piss take.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Trust in people that you think know what they are doing.

Had a couple of trees and hedges done. I ask them for their opinion on the work for what i want done. they said well its up to you..great expertise there. So I tell them before hand to not take too much off and to shape it as best they can. Instead they come blundering in with chainsaws and start hacking away at it as if they are fighting back a horde of zombies. Getting it done in as quick a time as possible. I shouldn't have to but i wish i stood over them to make sure they are doing it right.
    Had i known how they do it i would of bought a chainsaw myself and done it for at least half the price and probably done it better.

Used this company a few years back and they did a good job that's why i used them again.

It just seems nowadays I cant trust anyone to do a decent job anymore.  That's the thing that annoys me the most. Having no trust in so called professionals and their expertise. 
  • Options
    Vicars littering 
  • Options
    Vicars littering 
    New prog rock band? 
  • Options
    Vicars littering 
    New prog rock band? 
    No you're thinking of Vergers Loitering.
  • Options
    Vicars littering 
    Wombles womberling
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Vicars littering 
    New prog rock band? 

Would make a great band name. I created a made up emo band on myspace a few years back. 'Tears bleed black' was the band. Thought it was a great name for an emo band. 
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    Whoever at Sky Sports chooses the team descriptors for the top left of the screen.

Carlisle United = CUT ???
    Stockport County = SPC ???

CUFC v SCFC…
    The city of Colchester wants a word with you
    And to be fair, the city of Stoke as well.

Second best alternative (based on current three letter abbreviations) would be CAR v STK. That has to be infinitely more sensible than CUT v SPC
    Salford City too 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    But it doesn't matter what other teams have the same initials, it's completely irrelevant because they aren't playing. The only time it would matter would be if two teams with the same initials played each other.

Anyway, in this day and age don't people have enough screenspace to display full names, why are we keeping it short still?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All the fiddly little bits in a fresh pineapple when you cut it up trying not to lose too much
  • Options
    Cling film. Whoever designed it didn't take ham fisted f***ers like me into consideration. Never have got the hang of using it properly to seal things.
    there are so many NSFW images I want to post in reply to this !!
  • Options
    Cling film. Whoever designed it didn't take ham fisted f***ers like me into consideration. Never have got the hang of using it properly to seal things.
    Store it in the freezer. Reduces static and stops it sticking to itself when you rip it.
  • Options
    Store it in the freezer. Reduces static and stops it sticking to itself when you rip it.
    Also helps if you butter it before you use it

#lifehacks
  • Options
    Supposed to take off at 07.50am. Problem with the plane. Kicked off an hour and half later. Back in the terminal with the wife and 2 year old. Wife dropped the bottle of spiced rum I got from duty free. No idea when we will get going. Holiday is off to a cracker.
  • Options
    Now the staff have lost my passport as I needed to get out to go for a piss.
  • Options
    Are you there yet ? 
  • Options
    Supposed to take off at 07.50am. Problem with the plane. Kicked off an hour and half later. Back in the terminal with the wife and 2 year old. Wife dropped the bottle of spiced rum I got from duty free. No idea when we will get going. Holiday is off to a cracker.
    I assume you conceded it was indeed your fault that happened 😉
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Are you there yet ? 
    Yes. Wallys eventually found my passport. Then we got told to go back up to departures to collect £10 each for non alcoholic drinks 🙄 and food. So we ended up getting a wagamamas for lunch and the plane took off around 14.30. So just over 6 hours delayed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trying to work out what plastic sacks on the shelf to buy. We have round bins, square bins, oval bins, tall bins and short bins - sometimes we strike lucky and a sack stretches over the rim without splitting, falling into the bin or leaving an unsightly overhang. 
  • Options
    Trying to work out what plastic sacks on the shelf to buy. We have round bins, square bins, oval bins, tall bins and short bins - sometimes we strike lucky and a sack stretches over the rim without splitting, falling into the bin or leaving an unsightly overhang. 
    S'pose you could measure the size of your bins by pouring water in using a 2 litre coke bottle.  Just trying to help  :)

30 Litre Raith.

• Options
    I need France to beat Greece for a six fold and a seven fold. Clicked onto my bookie's site only to see that although France are winning 1-0, there's 14 bloody minutes of injury time
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Are you there yet ? 
    Yes. Wallys eventually found my passport. Then we got told to go back up to departures to collect £10 each for non alcoholic drinks 🙄 and food. So we ended up getting a wagamamas for lunch and the plane took off around 14.30. So just over 6 hours delayed.
    @O-Randy-Hunt if you don't mind joining the compensation culture make sure you claim for the delay as it sounds like it was the airlines fault. A lot of airlines make it very difficult to claim (Wizz Air definately) but worth pursuing. Applicable law explained here https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/if-your-flights-delayed-or-cancelled/
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Are you there yet ? 
    @O-Randy-Hunt if you don't mind joining the compensation culture make sure you claim for the delay as it sounds like it was the airlines fault. A lot of airlines make it very difficult to claim (Wizz Air definately) but worth pursuing. Applicable law explained here https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/if-your-flights-delayed-or-cancelled/
    The Mrs has already been on it mate 👍 bank details given. Getting £220 back each which I believe is including our 2 year old. So £660 back to pay towards the next one. Every cloud.
  • Options
    People saying 'Buzzing or Awesome' when clearly not remotely so.
  • Options
    The twat at the end of the William Hill advert that shouts 'this is epic'.
  • Options
    The use of the word pop in strange new ways: 'the Dow popped 1.2% this morning', 'the colours on that chair you painted really pop now'
    It's enough to make me tut