Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    1) Not sure I understand

2) Don't see how pay parity with 13 years ago and still well below all international comparators is really extreme at all

3) Decentralisation would lose the massive purchasing power advantages we have and privatisation is a shockingly terrible idea. Look at the railways, or water, or energy, or basically every other example when it was supposed to solve all the public sectors problems and guess what - it hasn't. 

4) Thats what they said about not sending children down the mine, and the 1 day weekend, the 2 day weekend, sick pay, paid time off, maternity pay, paternity pay, shared parental leave etc. etc. All the evidence says the contrary. Much like flexible working and wfh post covid the companies that do it are able to recruit and retain much better staff and get more output from them for less time off sick (much more efficient which you seem obsessed with - or is that only when it comes to privatisation? and not actually helping people?)

5) sure his theories generally have been but a lot of his research is still considered top notch and empirically applies today. this is one such area.

Blimey - Each time we speak I become more certain you are my Dad coming on here just to ruin another aspect of my life (kidding but you share the same views and newspaper) 
    Your dad is a wise man...  ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Threads that become discussion platforms on a single topic  when they are intended as quick points or observations
  • Options
    Only one way to resolve ...

• Options
    Only one way to resolve ...

Just make sure you've both got your BUPA up to date first.
  • Options
    1) Not sure I understand

2) Don't see how pay parity with 13 years ago and still well below all international comparators is really extreme at all

3) Decentralisation would lose the massive purchasing power advantages we have and privatisation is a shockingly terrible idea. Look at the railways, or water, or energy, or basically every other example when it was supposed to solve all the public sectors problems and guess what - it hasn't. 

4) Thats what they said about not sending children down the mine, and the 1 day weekend, the 2 day weekend, sick pay, paid time off, maternity pay, paternity pay, shared parental leave etc. etc. All the evidence says the contrary. Much like flexible working and wfh post covid the companies that do it are able to recruit and retain much better staff and get more output from them for less time off sick (much more efficient which you seem obsessed with - or is that only when it comes to privatisation? and not actually helping people?)

5) sure his theories generally have been but a lot of his research is still considered top notch and empirically applies today. this is one such area.

Blimey - Each time we speak I become more certain you are my Dad coming on here just to ruin another aspect of my life (kidding but you share the same views and newspaper) 
    Your dad is a wise man...  ;)
    He certainly thinks so!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    The Weather, not being able to make its mind up!

And inevitably wearing clothing not appropriate.

Beautiful day Sunday, freezing on Monday! Indifferent Tuesday, bit warmer today. 
  • Options
    The Weather, not being able to make its mind up!

And inevitably wearing clothing not appropriate.

Beautiful day Sunday, freezing on Monday! Indifferent Tuesday, bit warmer today. 
    I know!
    It makes planning for this weekend trip to Blighty very difficult 😤
  • Options
    Bloody weather forecasts.
    Get it right you fecking qualified, technology rich losers
    People who don't understand the word forecast.

It amazes me he number of people in this world who don't understand the word forecast. 

It's a prediction based on the best available data. It's not going to be "right" all the time. There isn't even a "right or wrong" when it comes to forecasts, it's a question of whether the predication took place or not. Without a time machine that is never gonna happen every time. 

UK weather forecasts are surprisingly accurate are some of the best performing in the world despite our slightly ridiculous climate!
    Don't give me that Canters, it was only bloody 24 hours ago.
    How the hell are we suppose to take long range forecasts seriously if you can't even get the next blinking day right!
    Rubbish, you are clearly using the wrong sites. I rely on the forecast for working outside as well as shooting off to our holiday home in Cornwall and the BBC is bang on most, if not all of the time 
  • Options

It amazes me he number of people in this world who don't understand the word forecast. 

It's a prediction based on the best available data. It's not going to be "right" all the time. There isn't even a "right or wrong" when it comes to forecasts, it's a question of whether the predication took place or not. Without a time machine that is never gonna happen every time. 

UK weather forecasts are surprisingly accurate are some of the best performing in the world despite our slightly ridiculous climate!
    How the hell are we suppose to take long range forecasts seriously if you can't even get the next blinking day right!
    Rubbish, you are clearly using the wrong sites. I rely on the forecast for working outside as well as shooting off to our holiday home in Cornwall and the BBC is bang on most, if not all of the time 
    Holiday home in Cornwall?! Used to live down there for a bit and still have friends that do. People's second homes has fucked that county. Messed up my way of staying there. 

Anyway,

Back to the weather, 

Cold but the sun is out...
  • Options

Holiday home in Cornwall?! Used to live down there for a bit and still have friends that do. People's second homes has fucked that county. Messed up my way of staying there. 

Anyway,

Back to the weather, 

It’s a lodge on a small park so not depriving local people. You can only stay there 10 months a year and it can’t be a permanent address.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyway,

Back to the weather, 

It’s a lodge on a small park so not depriving local people. You can only stay there 10 months a year and it can’t be a permanent address.
    But even if it wasn't...you can buy a house wherever you want, it's a free country. For every "outsider" that bought a second home in Cornwall, there's a local that's cashed in.
  • Options

Anyway,

Back to the weather, 

But even if it wasn't...you can buy a house wherever you want, it's a free country. For every "outsider" that bought a second home in Cornwall, there's a local that's cashed in.
    Pull the ladder up jack type of attitude. Yeah a local made some dosh and an "outsider" got a second home. Screw the next generation and anybody else. 
  • Options
    Yeah and people with no kids buying three bed places pushing the prices up for proper families that need those extra bedrooms. String em up I say. 
  • Options
    The amount of Indians calling me about having an accident. At least 5 calls a day now.
  • Options
    The amount of Indians calling me about having an accident. At least 5 calls a day now.

• Options

I must admit, when I come on to this thread I usually do it just to sound off without any consideration that I will be taken too seriously.
    After all we are just a bunch of 'erbert's on a football forum, I'm not running for office.
    I got caught out because the weather wasn't as forecast.That was all there was to it.

• Options

Anyway,

Back to the weather, 

Pull the ladder up jack type of attitude. Yeah a local made some dosh and an "outsider" got a second home. Screw the next generation and anybody else. 
    The person selling it is the one pulling the ladder up, or am I missing something? They could sell it for 10% less to a local, but choose the big money. Their grandkids are the ones moaning at and about the grockles, while grandma has brought a house in Spain and is doing exactly the same thing to the locals there...  ;)   
  • Options

I must admit, when I come on to this thread I usually do it just to sound off without any consideration that I will be taken too seriously.
    After all we are just a bunch of 'erbert's on a football forum, I'm not running for office.
    I got caught out because the weather wasn't as forecast.That was all there was to it.

Noted, I shall ignore any further posts from you 😁
  • Options
    The phrases:

My bad
    Living my best life
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The phrases:

My bad
    Living my best life

Whatever. You do you.
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Going to a decent restaurant with the extended family.
    Children on 2 other tables occupied with electronic tablets. Nothing particularly wrong with that, though we have a no phone rule for meals.
    What is generally annoying is that these children have their irritating sounds on high volume. WTF? Earphones or turn it down.
    Have some consideration.
    Seem to be so many children and adults who sit there with tablets or mobile phone on full volume - assume they'd go nuts if you do the same.

• Options
    Wrexham...can't stand them. I was born in a place called Oswestry on the Welsh border, raised in Shrewsbury,so I hope Notts County do em (and bizarrely, you cut me open like a stick of rock,you'll find Charlton written through me)
  • Options
    Bag searches on home fans.
    Is it really necessary now?
  • Options
    It is with you, you villain;)
  • Options
    It is with you, you villain;)
    It's prescription medication, honest
  • Options
    Leggings!

Rarely, if ever, have I seen anyone looking good in them, even those who might consider their body honed and inevitably they’re worn by people who really shouldn’t, particularly men!

Way too much information.
  • Options
    Leggings!

Rarely, if ever, have I seen anyone looking good in them, even those who might consider their body honed and inevitably they’re worn by people who really shouldn’t, particularly men!

• Options
    Leggings!

Onltly drunks, children and leggings tell the truth