Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    People who don’t like animals, I really don’t get it!

Lack of compassion or empathy?
    You started an argument last night in my house last night?
    I said to the wife is it a family thing with animals?
    Her reply was I've got no compassion for anyone let alone animals.
    I wasn't Best pleased.
    Me dad's 1 of 4 , on his side there's 15 grandchildren.
    Of all these families I'm sure only 2 of my cousins have a cat each.
    Me mum and dad did get a dog though 10 years ago when I was 38.

Ooops, sorry.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @Algarveaddick Re mobile not charging. Have you cleared the charging port out? I had a similar problem where the charging lead wouldn't stay in. Literally had to stand there, pushing lead in phone for it to register. I got a needle and a flattened tooth pick (used a Stanley to whittle it flat) and CAREFULLY cleared out a load of fluff and crap that had gummed the port up. Plugged it back in and it charged treat
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    @Algarveaddick Re mobile not charging. Have you cleared the charging port out? I had a similar problem where the charging lead wouldn't stay in. Literally had to stand there, pushing lead in phone for it to register. I got a needle and a flattened tooth pick (used a Stanley to whittle it flat) and CAREFULLY cleared out a load of fluff and crap that had gummed the port up. Plugged it back in and it charged treat
    Second that. An Apple Store did that for me even though out of warranty. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Amazed how much collects. Obviously, the more you push the plug in, the more compact it becomes
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    People who don’t like animals, I really don’t get it!

Lack of compassion or empathy?
    You started an argument last night in my house last night?
    I said to the wife is it a family thing with animals?
    Her reply was I've got no compassion for anyone let alone animals.
    I wasn't Best pleased.
    Me dad's 1 of 4 , on his side there's 15 grandchildren.
    Of all these families I'm sure only 2 of my cousins have a cat each.
    Me mum and dad did get a dog though 10 years ago when I was 38.

I can't see the full reports, because I don't have an account, but from the abstracts linked here, it looks as if there might be evidence that pet ownership/relationships in childhood contribute to emotional development.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&q=pets+empathy+childhood+studies+&btnG=
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Cheers for the tip mate, I'll give it a try. 

The shop sorted the new phone BTW, they had only charged me for setting up not transferring data, but admitted that they remembered I had asked for data transfer and it was their mistake, so they did it for the same price. Fair play to 'em.   
  • Options
    Oh FFS. We are coming back on Easyjet and they have just announced Portuguese crews are striking on the day we are flying. Wouldn't be such an issue, except we are only back two days and then we are off to Berlin for a rockabilly weekender... 

I think we may be on the Truman show.  
  • Options
    "THE" fecking pecks my head....I'm surrounded up here by family and friends that support West brom and Sheffield Wednesday....its all (THE)Albion and the Wednesday....OH do FOOKIN feck off.
  • Options
    "THE" fecking pecks my head....I'm surrounded up here by family and friends that support West brom and Sheffield Wednesday....its all (THE)Albion and the Wednesday....OH do FOOKIN feck off.
    "The" Arsenal. Wankers.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    You'd think that the Apple store would have a gadget a bit more sophisticated than a needle and a toothpick @Gribbo had whittled down with his blade. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh FFS. We are coming back on Easyjet and they have just announced Portuguese crews are striking on the day we are flying. Wouldn't be such an issue, except we are only back two days and then we are off to Berlin for a rockabilly weekender... 

I think we may be on the Truman show.  
    On the plus side, you might be able to miss the rockabilly weekender…
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Gribbo said:
    You'd think that the Apple store would have a gadget a bit more sophisticated than a needle and a toothpick @Gribbo had whittled down with his blade. 
    I-pick
  • Options
    ....and I-needle
  • Options
    Depression
  • Options
    People who take their dogs shopping.

Just been to a garden center to pick a few things up and there are loads of people with dogs both in the center and the restaurant, why?

All I could hear was people yelling at their dogs because they were pissing over the plants or begging for food on the adjacent table in the restaurant, two women had tiny little dogs in pouches strapped to their fronts, WTF!!

All the dogs looked fed up and stressed so leave them at home when you pop to the shops, no harm will come to them. 
    What sort of a restaurant allows dogs in, that is very very rare.
    Coolings Garden Centre, the cafe was full of them.

Also to add Cornwall is very dog friendly and plenty of eating establishments allow dogs in.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Off_it said:
    Gribbo said:
    It bloody worked though D! 

Safely in the UK now, BTW.  
  • Options
    Depression
    Personally I find a mild touch of the blues to be annoying. Depression must be an absolute bugger. Good luck if you wrote the above from current experience.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Depression
    Personally I find a mild touch of the blues to be annoying. Depression must be an absolute bugger. Good luck if you wrote the above from current experience.
    I did and thanks.
  • Options
    Making the fatal error of upgrading my phone online having done little research. Received the phone through the post and 6.5 inch screen is ridiculous big. Though it does make me feel a bit better about other things. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2023
    there i was sat in a pub and i start talking to some bloke about football.
    Mention i'm a Charlton fan. he then says he was an Arsenal fan.
    I say "was". he reply's "yeah i no longer support them because they took the knee" i laughed thinking it was some sort of joke but he was being serious. he no longer supports his team that he has followed since a kid and that his dad took him to Highbury all those years back because they took the knee. really?! ffs. 
  • Options
    getting all excited about receiving a rebate to then only finding out 50p has been put back into my account. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    go to an interview and i get asked the question.. "what inspires you to achieve?" knowing full well you cant say "the money" 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Failed a job interview once after saying basically that.

"Why do want to work here?"
    "You've advertised the salary at £X, which would be a decent pay rise, and it's easier than my current job...."

I couldn't honestly say 'the challenge' or whatever given it was obviously a step back!!

I guess normally the insinuation is that there's a few places you could apply for/earn money, why there?

I'm always honest in interviews, answer the 'where do you see yourself in 5 years' type questions by saying I don't know exactly, but I'm always keen to learn and progress as you get paid more! 
  • Options
    I got asked to sum up in 3 words how I was currently feeling in an interview. Was sorely tempted to say "tired, bored and hungry"
  • Options
    go to an interview and i get asked the question.. "what inspires you to achieve?" knowing full well you cant say "the money" 
    Depends what area you work in. Anyone answers that when I conduct an interview it’s a green flag from me. You achieve, you get paid more.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I got asked to sum up in 3 words how I was currently feeling in an interview. Was sorely tempted to say "tired, bored and hungry"

not "old, fat, bald"?