Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    When you get a new bird and you're at her place and you really need a dump and / or fart
    I remember those days, it's almost as of your body stores your noisier grunts for the evening. There is only one way to tackle this and its head on. 
  • Options
    Motorists who get frustrated by and/or drive like pricks around learner drivers. We’ve all been there ffs!
    Agreed we’ve all been there, but don’t schedule lessons for rush hour. I never did that.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Motorists who get frustrated by and/or drive like pricks around learner drivers. We’ve all been there ffs!
    Agreed we’ve all been there, but don’t schedule lessons for rush hour. I never did that.
    Is the wrong answer. Should driving instructors not be able to earn a living just because you're busy? Should learners have to wait longer between lessons? Don't learners have to be able to learn in rush hour, anyway? If your rush hour commute takes too long, perhaps you should be the one modifying your behaviour and get a job where you can do your travelling at times when its more convenient.
  • Options
    What does a learner learn sitting in a queue of traffic pray tell?
  • Options
    Expert clutch control.
  • Options
    Patience? Small talk? 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Is the wrong answer. Should driving instructors not be able to earn a living just because you're busy? Should learners have to wait longer between lessons? Don't learners have to be able to learn in rush hour, anyway? If your rush hour commute takes too long, perhaps you should be the one modifying your behaviour and get a job where you can do your travelling at times when its more convenient.
    They should. Just don’t do it in rush hour. There are certain times I can’t ‘earn a living’ too. What do learners learn sitting in traffic? I wouldn’t call that getting value for money. Thanks but it doesn’t take too long, it takes around 10/15 minutes.
  • Options
    Confused by what is sexism!
    if I were to suggest housework, ie: vacuuming, polishing furniture and general cleaning duties were my wife’s responsibility, that would be deemed sexism? 
    But a woman can say to a man, is your wife’s birthday when a man does these things around the house and it’s deemed a joke? 
    Maybe this should be in the “Getting old” thread 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Confused by what is sexism!
    if I were to suggest housework, ie: vacuuming, polishing furniture and general cleaning duties were my wife’s responsibility, that would be deemed sexism? 
    But a woman can say to a man, is your wife’s birthday when a man does these things around the house and it’s deemed a joke? 
    Maybe this should be in the “Getting old” thread 
    Just show her the back of your hand and have a beer on the sofa mate.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Stig said:
    JaShea99 said:
    They should. Just don’t do it in rush hour. There are certain times I can’t ‘earn a living’ too. What do learners learn sitting in traffic? I wouldn’t call that getting value for money. Thanks but it doesn’t take too long, it takes around 10/15 minutes.
    They learn to be patient drivers. If you can't be patient, you shouldn't be behind a wheel.
  • Options
    People who keep complaining about traffic congestion / queues / delays.

You are part of the problem, you should be apologising to the person behind you for holding them up ! 

What is annoying is the amount of “accidents” on the roads...

Definition of an accident is “ something that happens unexpectedly and is not planned in advance” which is by the letter correct, but not too unexpected if tailgating, speeding, driving irresponsibly, not concentrating, tired, etc. I have no data whatsoever but if you are doing any of the above then it shouldn’t be that unexpected and “accidents” would be far less if not doing above.

Anyways got stuck on the M25 for 2 hours on Thursday and had a proper internal moan up and didn’t apologise once to the guy behind.....

• Options
    Stig said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Stig said:
    JaShea99 said:
    They learn to be patient drivers. If you can't be patient, you shouldn't be behind a wheel.
    It’s not really about patience. I am extremely patient. I just don’t appreciate getting stuck behind one on the way to work or worse, 5pm Friday when I just want to get home and start the weekend. I don’t know what’s so difficult about not learning or working during rush hour Monday to Friday.
  • Options
    Maybe that is the only time of the week that the Learner can get trained to drive. I cannot say I have ever thought about it much when behind a learner and what time of day it is but if it does annoy you maybe you haven’t as much patience as you thought?

If they are learning then maybe just accept it for what it is and do not get agitated?
  • Options
    How to drive the South circular!
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Stig said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Stig said:
    JaShea99 said:
    It’s not really about patience. I am extremely patient. I just don’t appreciate getting stuck behind one on the way to work or worse, 5pm Friday when I just want to get home and start the weekend. I don’t know what’s so difficult about not learning or working during rush hour Monday to Friday.
    If it's 10-15 mins and your getting aggy about a learner I reckon you need to lighten up.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Stig said:
    JaShea99 said:
    It's not really the point is it, if you pay per hour to learn you wanna practice practical skills to pass your test, you learn how to be a good driver after you've passed.  Use the back roads
  • Options
    Took my daughter to the Doctor this morning as the rash she had over the weekend had got worse. Turns out she's got shingles. I didn't know kids could get it and the doc said it's probably only a matter of time before we get it too.
  • Options
    Took my daughter to the Doctor this morning as the rash she had over the weekend had got worse. Turns out she's got shingles. I didn't know kids could get it and the doc said it's probably only a matter of time before we get it too.
    Didn't think you could catch shingles from another person, but you could get chicken pox from a shingles sufferer if you haven't had it already.
    You're daughter has my sympathy, can be really painful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't think you could catch shingles from another person, but you could get chicken pox from a shingles sufferer if you haven't had it already.

Apparently contact with the rash can transmit it.

Other than being a bit tired she's fine at the moment. When the doctor told her she'd have to stay off school all week, she looked at me and said "Yay"

• Options

Apparently contact with the rash can transmit it.

Other than being a bit tired she's fine at the moment. When the doctor told her she'd have to stay off school all week, she looked at me and said "Yay"

Bless  :D
  • Options

Give her her our best wishes, stumbled across this the other day. I’m sure  she’ll be chuffed to see it now she’s grown a bit. ;) 

• Options
    T_C_E said:

Give her her our best wishes, stumbled across this the other day. I’m sure  she’ll be chuffed to see it now she’s grown a bit. ;) 

Cheers mate
  • Options
    Ordering a pizza on line. All they need is the card details and the delivery address.
    So it's peanut butter on toast for me then.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Ordering a pizza on line. All they need is the card details and the delivery address.
    whats the problem with that?
  • Options
    iainment said:
    whats the problem with that?
    I'm guessing it's to do with them getting all the card details and the delivery address. Despite the security measures that have to be in place for a website to take the card details.... Which usually result in a website using an entirely separate portal through an API - often direct to SAGE etc or your own bank.
  • Options
    They didn't ask him what toppings he wanted
  • Options
    I was driving in rush hour today and got stuck behind a learner driver. Fortunately they were very good and didn't hold anyone up at all. Pity I can't say the same for the white van man who insisted on parking right opposite some traffic works causing a hold up or the taxi driver who cut me up just before a set of lights, leaving me to wait as they changed to red. It's about time these trades people with poor driving skills were stopped from scheduling business during this important time.