Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• it was the specsavers spectacle wearer of the year event that angered me, what an event
  • it was the specsavers spectacle wearer of the year event that angered me, what an event

no nomination this year then?
  • The USMNT losing to Trinadad & Tobago
  • The USMNT losing to Trinadad & Tobago

What goal to win the game though. Absolute rip snorter.
  • When you come back to your car to find the driver side wing mirror broken off and into pieces but nicely put onto the roof.
  • 1StevieG said:

The USMNT losing to Trinadad & Tobago

What goal to win the game though. Absolute rip snorter.
    Agreed ... but what about the matador defense?!?!
  • Chess.

I went to the cafe the other day and only had Chess Grandmaster Garry Kasparov sitting on the next table. Asked him to pass the salt and it took him half hour..................

Olduns are the best
  • Sponsored links:

• When you go back to work after your day off to find the agency chef booked has been cancelled due to his expired visa and they don't send a replacement, 8 hour shift now becomes a 14 hour one!!
  • When you go back to work after your day off to find the agency chef booked has been cancelled due to his expired visa and they don't send a replacement, 8 hour shift now becomes a 14 hour one!!

@ValleyGary may be your man
  • Chess.

I went to the cafe the other day and only had Chess Grandmaster Garry Kasparov sitting on the next table. Asked him to pass the salt and it took him half hour..................

Olduns are the best

there is a chess thread and a jokes thread

If you need CDP's or above then give me a shout mate

If you need CDP's or above then give me a shout mate
    Cheers for the offer, unfortunately I've just started somewhere new and they are tied in with blue arrow plus I'm in Hampshire. New guy starts next week so it's not all bad!!
  • hawksmoor said:

Thanks Rodney, really appreciate that.

Pleasure. Hope it gets resolved.
    As an update, they refused to help in any way shape or form, referring me to the small print about there being no changes in seating after you've bought the tickets. So as far as they were concerned, I'll have to live with the fact that my 13-year-old son was two rows and 33 seats away in a 70,000-seater stadium in a country he's never visited before.

I held my hands up and said, it was obviously my mistake, and offered alternative scenarios, such as putting the mistakenly bought seat back up for sale and sending another for the seat next to him, but no. So I had to buy another bloody ticket. This is starting to turn into an expensive surprise.
  • hawksmoor said:

hawksmoor said:

As an update, they refused to help in any way shape or form, referring me to the small print about there being no changes in seating after you've bought the tickets. So as far as they were concerned, I'll have to live with the fact that my 13-year-old son was two rows and 33 seats away in a 70,000-seater stadium in a country he's never visited before.

I held my hands up and said, it was obviously my mistake, and offered alternative scenarios, such as putting the mistakenly bought seat back up for sale and sending another for the seat next to him, but no. So I had to buy another bloody ticket. This is starting to turn into an expensive surprise.
    Really surprising that.
  • hawksmoor said:

hawksmoor said:

Wait until Brexit really kicks in. ;-).
  • hawksmoor said:

hawksmoor said:

That is incredibly shit of them.
  • edited October 2017
    Tinned fruit (cocktail)

The fruit is "loaded" into the tin in order so if you only want to eat half of the tin & leave the rest for another day then you get all the peaches, grapes & cherries first up & the pears & pineapple pieces are left for tomorrow.

If I wanted just the peaches & grapes then I'd had bought them separately ffs ! I wanted all the fruit that's in the tin thank you, not half & half.
  • Sponsored links:

• How about decanting into a bowl, taking the fruit you want and then putting in fridge?!?
  • Tinned fruit (cocktail)

The fruit is "loaded" into the tin in order so if you only want to eat half of the tin & leave the rest for another day then you get all the peaches, grapes & cherries first up & the pears & pineapple pieces are left for tomorrow.

If I wanted just the peaches & grapes then I'd had bought them separately ffs ! I wanted all the fruit that's in the tin thank you, not half & half.

Like much in life there is not enough "gonad growing" . A tin is a man's portion. Just eat the lot and have another one tomorrow :wink:

On another fruit salad matter, hotel fruit salads that are packed with cheapo apples and almost devoid of the nicer fruits.
  • Fiiish said:

Tinned fruit? Did rationing not end in your neck of the woods?

It was clearly still happening in 80s chelmsford then. Used to love tinned fruit with either condensed milk or instant whip. The juice from the can made an excellent barbecue sauce for gammon
  • Stig said:

Tinned fruit (cocktail)

Like much in life there is not enough "gonad growing" . A tin is a man's portion. Just eat the lot and have another one tomorrow :wink:

On another fruit salad matter, hotel fruit salads that are packed with cheapo apples and almost devoid of the nicer fruits.
    someone's been reading my posts on other threads. lol.

Yes, I can & usually do decant into a bowl & leave in the fridge (I believe you shouldn't refrigerate opened cans) but in this case I had already decanted a tin of peaches yesterday & had around a third left in a bowl. I opened the tin of fruit cocktail & only wanted about a half to go with peaches I already had, so didn't want a load more peaches but rather have some grapes, pineapple & pears......but got cherries & b***dy peaches again !!
  • I hate my girlfriend being at work and my mum coming down to visit and complaining about my girlfriend not being here even though they don’t really get on.

Arghhh
  • Tubes of Wine Gums with disproportionate colour make up. Today had out of the 12 or so you get 8 red, 1 black, 2 yellow and one green. No orange at all! Red are my least favourite.
  • Riviera said:

Tubes of Wine Gums with disproportionate colour make up. Today had out of the 12 or so you get 8 red, 1 black, 2 yellow and one green. No orange at all! Red are my least favourite.

You can buy packets of just red and black and I've often wondered (it came up once as our eldest doesn't like the blacks) why you can't also get a packet of "the rest of em"
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!