Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Riviera said:

Grown men walking around in trainers, Adidas or otherwise...

what ???? I would have thought that most men under the age of 70 wear trainers. What do you expect us to wear......clogs ???

I have to say that I hate seeing trainers worn with a suit. Even Sir Macca can't get away with it - just weird.
    Casual shoes, as opposed to buying footwear exclusively at JD.
  • Fiiish said:

Riviera said:

what ???? I would have thought that most men under the age of 70 wear trainers. What do you expect us to wear......clogs ???

I have to say that I hate seeing trainers worn with a suit. Even Sir Macca can't get away with it - just weird.
    not sure what you mean by "casual" shoes. In my world there are formal shoes(work ones - mainly black but as above can be brown), trainers (which does not include running shoes) or boots (ankle or calf length - ie, 6-8 eyelets or even the classic 10 hole DM's).
  • edited October 2017
    T.C.E said:

Getting through two pair of adidas trainers in four months and getting told "it's normal wear and tear"

Know what you mean, they say you should change your trainers after 300 miles if you are running in them.
  • T.C.E said:

Getting through two pair of adidas trainers in four months and getting told "it's normal wear and tear"

Know what you mean, they say you change your trainers after 300 miles if you are running in them.
    Really, two months on average is probably about right then?
  • Casual Shoes
  • edited October 2017

Fiiish said:

Riviera said:

not sure what you mean by "casual" shoes. In my world there are formal shoes(work ones - mainly black but as above can be brown), trainers (which does not include running shoes) or boots (ankle or calf length - ie, 6-8 eyelets or even the classic 10 hole DM's).
    But your world is a bit different than ours Golfie.

None of my mates wear trainers, unless undertaking sporting activities.
  • Trolls.

agreed, just let me walk under the bridge in peace.
    I thought trolls didn't like people crossing their bridges?
  • T.C.E said:

Know what you mean, they say you change your trainers after 300 miles if you are running in them.
    You'd be too fucking knackered to change your trainers after running 300 miles.
  • Sponsored links:

• Radio adverts when they blurt out the terms & conditions at a thousand words a second.

Or possibly the law that requires them to do this?
  • edited October 2017

T.C.E said:

Surely more. If you're a serious runner that's nothing. 10 weeks at most.
  • iainment said:

T.C.E said:

That's my argument with them, I'm now needing my fourth pair since October and I'm only walking!
  • T.C.E said:

iainment said:

T.C.E said:

That's my argument with them, I'm now needing my fourth pair since October and I'm only w@nking!
  • when you say trainers do you mean Gazelle/samba/jeans etc or sports shoes?
  • T.C.E said:

iainment said:

T.C.E said:

That's my argument with them, I'm now needing my fourth pair since October and I'm only walking!
    My ASICS Gel Foundations last at least 6 months when I run. I then retire them to slippers or gardening shoes and they last ages more.The ASICS site say their shoes are good for up to 550 miles.
    Change your brand.
  • edited October 2017

people wearing brown shoes to work, was sat in the reception of a clients office waiting to go into a meeting and at one point there were 7 gentlemen including myself, 4 wearing brown shoes (and one twat wearing running shoes)

Where had you run from? EDIT...just seen Dave Mehmet beat me to it (narrowly by only a few hours)
  • people wearing brown shoes to work, was sat in the reception of a clients office waiting to go into a meeting and at one point there were 7 gentlemen including myself, 4 wearing brown shoes (and one twat wearing running shoes)

Where had you run from?
    from you!

• iainment said:

T.C.E said:

3 weeks for my mate as an ultra runner he averages 100 mile weeks in off season and 150 -200 mid season.

I average about 25-30 miles a week so 10-12 weeks is about right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

iainment said:

T.C.E said:

3 weeks for my mate as an ultra runner he averages 100 mile weeks in off season and 150 -200 mid season.

I average about 25-30 miles a week so 10-12 weeks is about right.
    I can make a pair last years.
  • Entirely depends on the trainer. Adidas samba, gazelle and courtstar are on point, as are Nike air force 1 and Air max 90 to be worn with jeans. I'll stick a pair of boots on generally when it gets colder either brogue or Chelsea and shoes are reserved for wearing with expensive jeans and going out or with formal clothing.

I will say people who run or cycle into work should only be allowed to do so if wearing the proper gear and have access to a shower at work. personally I think it's totally impractical as you either shit up a suit or formal workwear and then have to arse about getting changed and showered into said workwear after it's been carried in the same bag used for essentially gym clothes.

Overall I'd say poor manners annoy me far more than anyone's choice of footwear unless the footwear smells
  • Fiiish said:

Riviera said:

Even if many of us find trainers more comfortable to wear than shoes? We should just stop and switch to less comfortable shoes at a given age?
  • Fiiish said:

Riviera said:

Even if many of us find trainers more comfortable to wear than shoes? We should just stop and switch to less comfortable shoes at a given age?
    You could make the same case for onesies.
  • Nowt wrong with brown shoes
  • people wearing brown shoes to work, was sat in the reception of a clients office waiting to go into a meeting and at one point there were 7 gentlemen including myself, 4 wearing brown shoes (and one twat wearing running shoes)

Why are you wearing running shoes to a client meeting?
    Perhaps he's running late.
  • Fiiish said:

Riviera said:

Yes, if Fiiish says so.
  • Fiiish said:

Riviera said:

Yes, if Fiiish says so.
    I wasn't even the one who made the original post! Just pointing out that there are shoes beyond smart shoes and trainers!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!