Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• T.C.E said:

Confused here, so Brown shoes with a onesie is ok. But trainers while walking my dogs 60+ miles is out on age grounds!

Well it depends, how old are the dogs?
  • Fiiish said:

T.C.E said:

Confused here, so Brown shoes with a onesie is ok. But trainers while walking my dogs 60+ miles is out on age grounds!

Well it depends, how old are the dogs?
    In dog years?
  • cabbles said:

Nowt wrong with brown shoes

I'm trying to reclaim the brown shoe from the factory stressed toe looking, brown winkle picker wearing office worker, who looks like he's been kicked through River Island, backwards.

and you can't beat a brown suede chukka boot or derby shoe imo. I've got a beautiful pair of brown (or wine as they describe it) Barleycorn Air Brogue shoes an all.
  • Nothing better than a crisp white pair of Air Forces. If you disagree I can only presume you wear those creepy sandals that Geography teachers and Germans wear.

On about my 6th pair of huarache and, while I'll be going back to the ZX750's for the winter period, the huarache will be my go to trainer for next Spring
  • cabbles said:

LinkedIn - it has a lot of shite on it, but today some CEO of some start up appeared on my feed telling us of his 2 year journey after being made redundant and how he was a broken man (but still offered 3 jobs of VP marketing roles paying $250k pa, so yes, you were suffering like a lot of people suffer when they get made redundant by getting 3 job offers). But this CEO knew in his heart of hearts that he was an entrepreneur and he must make that journey to start his own business.

Now, 2 years down the line, all the sacrifices are worth it, and we too must follow our hearts.

How grateful I am for this tosser to share what is a valuable lesson in never giving up etc, but ultimately it's done so in 'look at me, how special am I' manner. And he knows it. It's just his self satisfied, smug declaration of his success. Fuck off

A truly heart warming story.

Massive respect to him and his entrepreneurial journey, so glad it was a happy ending.

• Nothing better than a crisp white pair of Air Forces. If you disagree I can only presume you wear those creepy sandals that Geography teachers and Germans wear.

On about my 6th pair of huarache and, while I'll be going back to the ZX750's for the winter period, the huarache will be my go to trainer for next Spring
    The hurache or however it's spelt is a funny beast, undeniably comfortable and easy on the eye but I am not a fan. I'm with VG on this one, a box fresh pair of air force ones are king

I've made a switch this time, always like having a gleaming white pair of bumpers and a pair of air max 90s caught my eye and I broke the habit and went for them and a pair of Pegasus. Both make my feet feel like they are being given a massage with a happy ending and look cool as fuck too
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

Nothing better than a crisp white pair of Air Forces. If you disagree I can only presume you wear those creepy sandals that Geography teachers and Germans wear.

The hurache or however it's spelt is a funny beast, undeniably comfortable and easy on the eye but I am not a fan. I'm with VG on this one, a box fresh pair of air force ones are king

I've made a switch this time, always like having a gleaming white pair of bumpers and a pair of air max 90s caught my eye and I broke the habit and went for them and a pair of Pegasus. Both make my feet feel like they are being given a massage with a happy ending and look cool as fuck too
    Cool and comfortable? Check these bad boys out...

• Fiiish said:

Carter said:

Nothing better than a crisp white pair of Air Forces. If you disagree I can only presume you wear those creepy sandals that Geography teachers and Germans wear.

Cool and comfortable? Check these bad boys out...

They are EXACTLY the style of bumper I would expect you ta wear
  • The little sketch things the BBC are doing before each show. Like the swimmers or the Brecon beacon mountain rescuers where they all line up and look serious for 10 seconds

Just winds me up
  • cabbles said:

The little sketch things the BBC are doing before each show. Like the swimmers or the Brecon beacon mountain rescuers where they all line up and look serious for 10 seconds

Just winds me up

Taxpayers money there @Cabes
  • cabbles said:

The little sketch things the BBC are doing before each show. Like the swimmers or the Brecon beacon mountain rescuers where they all line up and look serious for 10 seconds

Just winds me up

Pissing hate these. The ones on Channel 4/E4/More4 are the worst though. There seems to be 3 adverts for whatever unfunny shit they've cooked up at the end of each ad break, followed by some nonsense whilst the narrator wastes even more of your time instead of just getting on with whatever you're now regretting tuning into. I believe in TV exec-speak they call these segments 'links' but a more accurate description would be 'bunch of talentless cunts flailing around wasting everyone's time'.
  • Fiiish said:

cabbles said:

Just winds me up

Pissing hate these. The ones on Channel 4/E4/More4 are the worst though. There seems to be 3 adverts for whatever unfunny shit they've cooked up at the end of each ad break, followed by some nonsense whilst the narrator wastes even more of your time instead of just getting on with whatever you're now regretting tuning into. I believe in TV exec-speak they call these segments 'links' but a more accurate description would be 'bunch of talentless cunts flailing around wasting everyone's time'.
    Completely agree. They might as well line up our fans getting on the coach at 8am on a Saturday at anchor and hope lane for an away game, they all stop, look serious for 10 seconds, and then all get on the coach. Nonsense and pointless. I don't care about kayakers in some loch in Scotland

It's the BBC doing what they do very well, really entrenching itself in middle England
  • Censorship, in all its forms.
  • cabbles said:

Just winds me up

Ha great one! The wheelchair rugby one where 2 of the blokes pretend to get argy bargy with each other is particularly grating and bordering on homo erotic.

I always end up unconsciously muttering "pipe down tough guys" under my breath each time it appears on my goggle box.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2017
    I'm taking my son on a surprise trip to Madrid as he has a whole week of inset days in October. I thought I'd take him to an Atletico Madrid game. Just paid £115 for two tickets, printed them out, then realised I'd accidentally clicked on two seats at either end of the row, 33 seats apart. My heart sank when I noticed it. I've emailed them but not had reply yet. Tried phoning but the keypad options were obviously in Spanish, so I was totally lost.
  • edited October 2017
    hawksmoor said:

I'm taking my son on a surprise trip to Madrid as he has a whole week of inset days in October. I thought I'd take him to an Atletico Madrid game. Just paid £115 for two tickets, printed them out, then realised I'd accidentally clicked on two seats at either end of the row, 33 seats apart. My heart sank when I noticed it. I've emailed them but not had reply yet. Tried phoning but the keypad options were obviously in Spanish, so I was totally lost.

Can you tweet them as this may get a quicker resolution?

@hawksmoor here's their English twitter...

https://mobile.twitter.com/atletienglish?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
  • Thanks Rodney, really appreciate that.
  • doing f all at work on lunch so generally catch up on news and i see this sentace advertised on the side of the page;

rylan and chris in heated words.
    Rylan confronted Chris and Olivia on the red carpet at the Specsavers' Spectacle Wearer of the Year event and the boys had to be separated as things got heated

JAYSUSSSSSSS
  • hawksmoor said:

Don't worry, just move seats when you get there like I do in The East Stand - plenty of empty seats ... :smile:
  • When your having banter with someone and think up of a good punch line in your head

Instead of saying the line with perfection the words come out in the form of diarrhea (i.e. all over the place) and make no sense at all
  • doing f all at work on lunch so generally catch up on news and i see this sentace advertised on the side of the page;

Rylan confronted Chris and Olivia on the red carpet at the Specsavers' Spectacle Wearer of the Year event and the boys had to be separated as things got heated

JAYSUSSSSSSS

who are these people?
  • hawksmoor said:

Thanks Rodney, really appreciate that.

Pleasure. Hope it gets resolved.
  • Listening to my neighbour snoring from about 2-4am then getting up and walking about when I have to leave for work at 5.40.

doing f all at work on lunch so generally catch up on news and i see this sentace advertised on the side of the page;

JAYSUSSSSSSS

You don't think it might be an attempt to advertise their sponsor do you? Heaven forbid, how easy is it to sell to yoof.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!