Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Doing the same hours as your mates that went into investment banking but for a third of the money.

Wise career choice you fucking dick.

Are you an "investment banker"?
  • Doing the same hours as your mates that went into investment banking but for a third of the money.

How old are you?
  • The premier inn adverts. They're not cool places to stay, they're functional. You talk yourself into moderately thinking oh yeah, the breakfasts are good. You get your plate and then realise it's a load of shite.

That travelling salesman one as well :-/

I've never been on a hotel stay with a colleague and been that excited
  • TV and radio football presenters that say “Siska” Moscow.
  • The constant, forever, non-stop futile discussions as to whether A, B or C is the best in the world or even more ridiculous best ever! It's in all sport all the time and usually fuelled by BBC radio.
    However, Viv Richards is the best batsmen ever...
  • edited September 2017
    T.C.E said:

Doing the same hours as your mates that went into investment banking but for a third of the money.

No I'm not. But I could have been. Lots of friends from my course went into that area. I avoided it because of the long hours and the sell your soul to reach the top sort of attitude.

Chose a less pressured role with a supposed better work life balance but the last couple of weeks have been horrendous.

Doing the same hours as your mates that went into investment banking but for a third of the money.

How old are you?
    22 only just graduated. My comment was very much tongue in cheek. As said above I didn't follow the money like many of my friends. Just had a few weeks doing silly hours. I still made the right call long term. Enjoy this work more than I would banking anyway.
  • Adverts about bodies and bodily functions on the tv, especially when I'm eating. Sat down to my dinner tonight only for a load of hairy old armpits to appear on the screen. Completely put me off my offal.
  • Kate Garraway.
  • Getting a speeding ticket for going 60 on the M20 in the variable speed limit section with a 50 sign up ahead. I'm sure the one before was on 60 (and so I slowed to 50 for the one ahead) as I remember thinking it couldn't have been flashing me for that reason, but we all know I can't prove it!

£100 that I really haven't got & 3 points, or if I'm lucky more money I really haven't got and a speed awareness course. Sigh.

Same here, between Junc 6 and 7. In fact I think I'd just come of the slip road of 7 at speed when I noticed the 50 up above, so reduced speed, but only to 62 when I got snapped.

Gutted as i genuinely don't take the piss with speed.

Been offered the course for £67, so could have been worse I guess.

Yeah I'm hoping they might offer me the course!
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

Kate Garraway.

She is annoying - but I still would though.
  • T.C.E said:

No I'm not. But I could have been. Lots of friends from my course went into that area. I avoided it because of the long hours and the sell your soul to reach the top sort of attitude.

Chose a less pressured role with a supposed better work life balance but the last couple of weeks have been horrendous.

How old are you?
    22 only just graduated. My comment was very much tongue in cheek. As said above I didn't fill a the money like many of my friends. Just had a few weeks doing silly hours. I still made the right call long term. Enjoy this work more than I would banking anyway.
    He’s trying to groom you.
  • Screaming babies and moaning 10ish yr old on trains.
  • Riviera said:

The constant, forever, non-stop futile discussions as to whether A, B or C is the best in the world or even more ridiculous best ever! It's in all sport all the time and usually fuelled by BBC radio.
    However, Viv Richards is the best batsmen ever...

You were listening to Botham on the cricket commentary yesterday, he said the same
  • Stig said:

Adverts about bodies and bodily functions on the tv, especially when I'm eating. Sat down to my dinner tonight only for a load of hairy old armpits to appear on the screen. Completely put me off my offal.

Get off your lap and buy a table :wink:
  • T.C.E said:

How old are you?
    22 only just graduated. My comment was very much tongue in cheek. As said above I didn't fill a the money like many of my friends. Just had a few weeks doing silly hours. I still made the right call long term. Enjoy this work more than I would banking anyway.
    He’s trying to groom you.
    don't get jealous sweetpea, there's enough Dave to go round!

SSOOO, @cantersaddick , what are you wearing?
  • Kids who have stupid haircuts cause their parents think it makes them look cute, it doesn't!

Particularly prevalent in films and ads. Like the kid in the Champions League ad, whose dad manages to get Barca tickets and his kid gets to be a mascot.

I'd gladly throttle him!
  • People who don't know how to use a door handle and so slam every door they close.

You see this thing mate? You're supposed to turn it.

Knobs they are... ;)
    Handles https://www.simplydoorhandles.co.uk/

Knobs https://www.doorhandlecompany.co.uk/door-knobs/
    You buy your knobs at www.doorhandlecompany.co.uk ?

I get mine at this place

• When colleagues peer over your shoulder and enquire as to what you're eating and how nice it looks, invariably as you begin eating a mouthful.

it's a soup and roll... not Michelin star cuisine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

Germans.

In Majorca at the moment and there's thousands of them. No problem with that of course but they seem to have a predisposition to stare at you for no reason whatsoever. Happened quite a few times already to the extent that I've had to ask them what they're staring at whereby they stop staring and say nothing.

Also had an argument with a middle aged German lady about spa etiquette. She mentioned to my son that he should sit on a towel in the sauna. She pointed out this rule to him while sitting on a towel stark bollock naked.

But surely she is right?
    Sauna should be naked, sitting on a towel.
  • edited September 2017
    Macronate said:

Germans.

In Majorca at the moment and there's thousands of them. No problem with that of course but they seem to have a predisposition to stare at you for no reason whatsoever. Happened quite a few times already to the extent that I've had to ask them what they're staring at whereby they stop staring and say nothing.

Also had an argument with a middle aged German lady about spa etiquette. She mentioned to my son that he should sit on a towel in the sauna. She pointed out this rule to him while sitting on a towel stark bollock naked.

I’ll be ask the question before @DaveMehmet does.....did she have hairy armpits Big tits?
  • Macronate said:

Germans.

I’ll be ask the question before @DaveMehmet does.....did she have hairy armpits Big tits?
  • Macronate said:

Germans.

I don’t think you’ve met him, but that actually looks like Dave Mehmet.

* I’ve not seen him undressed before (and have no desire to), but I should imagine that gif is a match.
  • Macronate said:

Germans.

* I’ve not seen him undressed before (and have no desire to), but I should imagine that gif is a match.
    I've met neither of them yet for a moment I thought I'd found a video of AFKA at last years Xmas party!!
  • Macronate said:

Germans.

Cheeky fucker. He's got much more hair than me.
  • Macronate said:

Germans.

I've met neither of them yet for a moment I thought I'd found a video of AFKA at last years Xmas party!!
    Too tall to be AFKA.
  • Macronate said:

MrOneLung said:

Macronate said:

Germans.

But surely she is right?
    Sauna should be naked, sitting on a towel.
    I know what you're saying but there is a rule posted saying swim wear must be worn in the sauna. I couldn't get my point across to her however despite trying to speak to her in a German accent.
    Goose stepping might have worked.....er...or not!
  • People who walk or cycle with dogs off leads on busy streets. Seen some cyclists with dogs on leads towing behind but on the traffic side.

So bloody irresponsible but of course there seems to be a fashion in london as if to say " Look at how well behaved my dog is!"

Maybe dog(s) are well behaved but it's when the unexpected happens however unlikely, at least you can pull your dog away, if it's on a lead!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!