Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• IA said:

People who don't know how to use a door handle and so slam every door they close.

You see this thing mate? You're supposed to turn it.

Knobs they are... ;)
    Handles https://www.simplydoorhandles.co.uk/

Knobs https://www.doorhandlecompany.co.uk/door-knobs/
    You buy your knobs at www.doorhandlecompany.co.uk ?

I get mine at this place

Didn't there used to be one of these in Eltham?
  • People who walk or cycle with dogs off leads on busy streets. Seen some cyclists with dogs on leads towing behind but on the traffic side.

So bloody irresponsible but of course there seems to be a fashion in london as if to say " Look at how well behaved my dog is!"

Maybe dog(s) are well behaved but it's when the unexpected happens however unlikely, at least you can pull your dog away, if it's on a lead!

There's a guy around here does it, mind you his backside tweets a bit when mine appear and he grabs the dogs collar. Forgetting what the law says, its bloody irresponsible. My dog would chase a cat without a second thought, all dogs have a weakness.
  • T.C.E said:

People who walk or cycle with dogs off leads on busy streets. Seen some cyclists with dogs on leads towing behind but on the traffic side.

So bloody irresponsible but of course there seems to be a fashion in london as if to say " Look at how well behaved my dog is!"

Maybe dog(s) are well behaved but it's when the unexpected happens however unlikely, at least you can pull your dog away, if it's on a lead!

There's a guy around here does it, mind you his backside tweets a bit when mine appear and he grabs the dogs collar. Forgetting what the law says, its bloody irresponsible. My dog would chase a cat without a second thought, all dogs have a weakness.
    Agree, T.C.E
  • IA said:

People who don't know how to use a door handle and so slam every door they close.

You see this thing mate? You're supposed to turn it.

Knobs they are... ;)
    Handles https://www.simplydoorhandles.co.uk/

Knobs https://www.doorhandlecompany.co.uk/door-knobs/
    You buy your knobs at www.doorhandlecompany.co.uk ?

I get mine at this place

Didn't there used to be one of these in Eltham?
    Yes, I think it was near Principles..
  • Greenie said:

Kate Garraway.

Comedian Phil Lucas has done some funny stuff about her- try googling
  • T.C.E said:

People who walk or cycle with dogs off leads on busy streets. Seen some cyclists with dogs on leads towing behind but on the traffic side.

That is some advanced level social media skills....
    *Tweaks* ;)
  • edited September 2017
    The family that live across the road that somehow have 9 vehicles between them. Their house doesn't have a drive so parking on the road when they're all there is ridiculous.

Left for 10 mins tonight and the spot got taken. Should have just bloody walked.
  • Macronate said:

Germans.

In Majorca at the moment and there's thousands of them. No problem with that of course but they seem to have a predisposition to stare at you for no reason whatsoever. Happened quite a few times already to the extent that I've had to ask them what they're staring at whereby they stop staring and say nothing.

Also had an argument with a middle aged German lady about spa etiquette. She mentioned to my son that he should sit on a towel in the sauna. She pointed out this rule to him while sitting on a towel stark bollock naked.

So you genuinely tried 'vithout the svimming togs es is verboten'

'Is it not possible for you to read the sign'

'THERE, ZE SIGN' 'IT IS CLEAR PLEASE WEAR ZE SVIMMENN CLOTHES'

Then wuietly so only she could hear:

'draußen jetzt. nimmst du es in den Arsch?'
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

Germans.

In Majorca at the moment and there's thousands of them. No problem with that of course but they seem to have a predisposition to stare at you for no reason whatsoever. Happened quite a few times already to the extent that I've had to ask them what they're staring at whereby they stop staring and say nothing.

Also had an argument with a middle aged German lady about spa etiquette. She mentioned to my son that he should sit on a towel in the sauna. She pointed out this rule to him while sitting on a towel stark bollock naked.

Ah man I had that same experience when I was there earlier in September. We were at the hotel restaurant and this German couple were eating at the next table to ours and the fella was giving my dad the evils for some reason and saying something to his wife and was staring so hard I was wondering what his problem was. Very weird.
  • All inclusive buffets and the behaviour of those that treat them like their last meal before being sent to Ethiopia. It is every nationality guilty of some buffet crime or another too.

Along with public transport, you will find the worst humanity has to offer in an all inclusive buffet

• ross1 said:

Riviera said:

The constant, forever, non-stop futile discussions as to whether A, B or C is the best in the world or even more ridiculous best ever! It's in all sport all the time and usually fuelled by BBC radio.
    However, Viv Richards is the best batsmen ever...

You were listening to Botham on the cricket commentary yesterday, he said the same
    No I wasn't.
  • getting my lottery on a receipt in whsmiths.

its a flimsy receipt that the ink rubs off of so you cant just fold it up and chuck it in your pocket.

arseholes
  • My nose only itches when it's inconvenient to scratch it.
  • limeygent said:

My nose only itches when it's inconvenient to scratch it.

Same as my arse!
  • people who at the supermarket checkout have 2 separate sets of shopping, one large one for them and then a second, very small one, for their mum /aunt / sick next door neighbour for which they have to pay separately - meaning they take up more time presenting their card (twice), typing in the pin (twice) take the receipt (twice) and pack the second set of items into a separate bag.

WHY CANT YOU JUST ADD EVERYTHING ONTO ONE BILL & SETTLE UP LATER. You have an itemised bill - just look at it when you get home, add up the 3 or 4 items & get the person to pay you what is owed. Its not hard....,..AND IT SAVES TIME.
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

All inclusive buffets and the behaviour of those that treat them like their last meal before being sent to Ethiopia. It is every nationality guilty of some buffet crime or another too.

Along with public transport, you will find the worst humanity has to offer in an all inclusive buffet

I'm not a big fan of holiday-camp holidays or cheapo all-inclusives, but one thing I love about both of these types of holiday is the enormous sense of smug superiority I get from watching the northerners shovelling tons of processed sugary fat sludge into their bloated gullets every breakfast time opportunity.
  • People who walk or cycle with dogs off leads on busy streets. Seen some cyclists with dogs on leads towing behind but on the traffic side.

In a similar vein, it always amazes me how many people allow very young children to walk kerb side of them, or worse still to let them run ahead unsupervised down the road.
  • people who at the supermarket checkout have 2 separate sets of shopping, one large one for them and then a second, very small one, for their mum /aunt / sick next door neighbour for which they have to pay separately - meaning they take up more time presenting their card (twice), typing in the pin (twice) take the receipt (twice) and pack the second set of items into a separate bag.

WHY CANT YOU JUST ADD EVERYTHING ONTO ONE BILL & SETTLE UP LATER. You have an itemised bill - just look at it when you get home, add up the 3 or 4 items & get the person to pay you what is owed. Its not hard....,..AND IT SAVES TIME.

I used to do this when buying shopping for my gran before she died. When you have to deliver the shopping to your relative, unpack and put away in my case, then get your own stuff back before it's defrosts, wasting time by adding up a bill doesn't make much sense . And as long as you're not dawdling I don't think it's much of an issue anyway.
  • Stig said:

In a similar vein, it always amazes me how many people allow very young children to walk kerb side of them, or worse still to let them run ahead unsupervised down the road.
    Can't help shaking my head whenever I see this. I must mutter "people are so thick" a few times each day.
  • BBC reporters interviewing other BBC reporters at disaster/terrorist incidents.
  • Fearne Cotton. She's been covering Ken Bruce on Radio2 the last couple of days. She is simply appalling. She has no broadcasting or communicational skills at all. How does she get work at the BBC? Maybe something to do with her late uncle once being the boss there and being married to the son of a Stone possibly? On the other hand Jo Whiley, Zoe Ball and the simply delicious Sara Cox are excellent DJ's.
  • Henry Bolton.
  • Riviera said:

Fearne Cotton. She's been covering Ken Bruce on Radio2 the last couple of days. She is simply appalling. She has no broadcasting or communicational skills at all. How does she get work at the BBC? Maybe something to do with her late uncle once being the boss there and being married to the son of a Stone possibly? On the other hand Jo Whiley, Zoe Ball and the simply delicious Sara Cox are excellent DJ's.

Sara Cox is absolutely woeful.

Never known someone to love the sound of their own dreary northern voice as much as she does. On and on and on she goes, never quite reaching anything remotely related to a witty or funny punchline.
  • Jo Whiley is superb and has been for a few decades, but as above, Sara Cox and err Zoe err Ball err, not up my strata at all them two
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!