Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• salted caramel ??? Advert for a new Ben & Jerry's ice-cream and there is also a new Aero mouse that has this abomination in it. Who wants salt in their chocolate ?? Bloody Americans again.

Have you ever actually tasted salted caramel?
  • salted caramel ??? Advert for a new Ben & Jerry's ice-cream and there is also a new Aero mouse that has this abomination in it. Who wants salt in their chocolate ?? Bloody Americans again.

Have you ever actually tasted salted caramel?
    I'm not really an ice cream fan but it's lovely
  • Stig said:

People in meetings mentioning Chatham House Rules [sic]. Just when and why did this old pony suddenly become so popular.

I had to look this up. Sounds like people not having the bollocks to stand up for their ideas?

I do. So do lots of other people.
    Salt brings out the flavour of both chocolate and caramel.
    That's not the fault of Americans I'm afraid golfie.
  • Another vote for salted caramel and / or chocolate here.
  • edited September 2017

Stig said:

People in meetings mentioning Chatham House Rules [sic]. Just when and why did this old pony suddenly become so popular.

I had to look this up. Sounds like people not having the bollocks to stand up for their ideas?
    It could also be used to protect people who whistleblow, for example governors of a school and one has to make off the record allegations because they have had had allegations about a member of staff and need to raise this without opening themselves personally up for legal action.

Not that I promote the widespread use of these rules but in certain contexts they can be appropriate.
  • edited September 2017

salted caramel ??? Advert for a new Ben & Jerry's ice-cream and there is also a new Aero mouse that has this abomination in it. Who wants salt in their chocolate ?? Bloody Americans again.

I generally don't like it, happy to confess that.

Something we can, and perhaps already did, blame them for is their insistence on adding sweet flavours to savoury dishes.
  • Not a fan myself but salted caramel is one of the most popular things mixed with chocolate.
    Chilli being another popular one
  • Countdowns (nothing to do with the tv show).
    Briefly switched to sky sports news earlier and Danny Higginbotham was doing an over the top analysis of the upcoming west ham spurs game. In the corner of the screen there was a countdown timer. A countdown, for bloody west ham vs spurs. Ffs.
  • Uber whingeing.
  • Sponsored links:

• We got a timid rescue cat in January who has grown into a friendly, playful, loveable rogue who wouldn't hurt a fly (mostly because they're too quick).

Someone has spread lily across her area outside our flat. I just can't fathom what kind of 'person' would do that in the hope of hurting/killing an innocent little being who just likes sitting out in the sun and chasing butterflies. Thankfully we saw it before letting her out, I've checked and no lily grows around my corner of Greenhithe so it was deliberate.

Thankfully we're moving soon. I over use the C-word but the kind of individual who'd do that is one of the worst.
  • RedPanda said:

We got a timid rescue cat in January who has grown into a friendly, playful, loveable rogue who wouldn't hurt a fly (mostly because they're too quick).

Someone has spread lily across her area outside our flat. I just can't fathom what kind of 'person' would do that in the hope of hurting/killing an innocent little being who just likes sitting out in the sun and chasing butterflies. Thankfully we saw it before letting her out, I've checked and no lily grows around my corner of Greenhithe so it was deliberate.

Thankfully we're moving soon. I over use the C-word but the kind of individual who'd do that is one of the worst.

sorry, am I missing something. What wrong with lily ?? I've had cats before & never heard of a lily harming a cat
  • RedPanda said:

We got a timid rescue cat in January who has grown into a friendly, playful, loveable rogue who wouldn't hurt a fly (mostly because they're too quick).

sorry, am I missing something. What wrong with lily ?? I've had cats before & never heard of a lily harming a cat
    Lilies are very highly toxic to dogs, not sure about cats maybe that's what is meant?
  • And poisonous to cats
  • Fiiish said:

Stig said:

It could also be used to protect people who whistleblow, for example governors of a school and one has to make off the record allegations because they have had had allegations about a member of staff and need to raise this without opening themselves personally up for legal action.

Not that I promote the widespread use of these rules but in certain contexts they can be appropriate.
    Can you protect yourself from a potential slander case just by saying "Chatham house rules"? Like crossing your fingers when you lie? :wink:

Not disagreeing with your example by the way, I understand where you are coming from.
  • T.C.E said:

RedPanda said:

Lilies are very highly toxic to dogs, not sure about cats maybe that's what is meant?
    Aye, apologies. Even lily's pollen is dangerous to cats (and presumably dogs). I live by a public footpath so I reckon it was some chavvy type who goes past rather than a neighbour.
  • edited September 2017
    Getting a speeding ticket for going 60 on the M20 in the variable speed limit section with a 50 sign up ahead. I'm sure the one before was on 60 (and so I slowed to 50 for the one ahead) as I remember thinking it couldn't have been flashing me for that reason, but we all know I can't prove it!

£100 that I really haven't got & 3 points, or if I'm lucky more money I really haven't got and a speed awareness course. Sigh.

I think the French first marketed salted caramel.
    They were quite proud of the fact in Brest last time we were there.
  • That Paddy Power advert where somme boody idiot thinks our lovely stadium should be blue. Who ever thought that needs bloody shooting.
  • Sponsored links:

• The stupid fucking hat that Gregory Porter wears. He's a fantastic singer but I can't look at him without thinking "prick".
  • The stupid fucking hat that Gregory Porter wears. He's a fantastic singer but I can't look at him without thinking "prick".

I'm sure he had a skin condition. Gotta be better than that hat even if it's leprosy
  • McBobbin said:

The stupid fucking hat that Gregory Porter wears. He's a fantastic singer but I can't look at him without thinking "prick".

I'm sure he had a skin condition. Gotta be better than that hat even if it's leprosy
    He did have some surgery on his skin but hasn't had to wear it for quite a while now.

He looks like he lost his horse.
  • Bloody predictive text on my tablet every time I post on here.
    Every time I have to edit.
  • Bloody predictive text on my tablet every time I post on here.
    Every time I have to edit.

Liar
  • Anyone over 30 who wears a baseball cap .
    You look ridiculous. If you're bald nobody cares . Take the stupid cap off.

• @TCE any thoughts on @Bedsaddick's sartorial guidance
  • edited September 2017
    More fashion advice and tips coming. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!