Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Wilma said:

Work team building days

especially if, like me, you work from home... ☺
  • Being made to stand up and introduce yourself to a room with your name, what you do and a 'fun fact'.

No one cares.

whatever the circumstance "just say i am addickforlife and i am an alcoholic"
  • I always lie and say

'...and in 1999 I won £32,000.00 on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire'
  • I tell them my LOL count on here
  • cabbles said:

I tell them my LOL count on here

Not your promote score?
  • edited September 2017
    Crap substitutions by supermarkets online deliveries.
    Got one today ordered bottle of Sake, ended up with a 250ml bottle of Chinese Rice Vinegar.
    Eh?

Not as bad as this guy's. Wanted Walnut Loaf,received whole Octopus.

• Crap substitutions by supermarkets online deliveries.
    Got one today ordered bottle of Sake, ended up with a 250ml bottle of Chinese Rice Vinegar.
    Eh?

Not as bad as this guy's. Wanted Walnut Loaf,received whole Octopus.

My mate ordered some plantains and got 3 5kg bags of red onions. Someone else ordered a trifle and got a bottle of coke
  • Being made to stand up and introduce yourself to a room with your name, what you do and a 'fun fact'.

No one cares.

lol I've started a new job this week and there's a tweet going out at 1:30pm tomorrow with a picture of me at my desk and my "fun fact" :lol:
  • People throwing themselves under trains at rush hour. It's just shitty all round
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

I got asked on a round table thing like that to give my name and an interesting fact.

So I listened to a load of other idiots give their name and say something like "oh I love ironing" "I'm a black belt in origami"

It came round to me and I gave my name and the only thing I could think of was "I have the exact same size hands as the Yorkshire ripper"

Didn't get a laugh, got asked how I knew this so I said there was a waxwork of him in Luis Tussauds in Blackpool, got some shitarse tell me there wasn't, I told her there was as he was something of a celebrity in those parts, got asked to leave, thanked lucky stars, then got sent into another group where we all had to male up a song about our lives, lost will to live

Brilliant :smiley:
  • Carter said:

I got asked on a round table thing like that to give my name and an interesting fact.

So I listened to a load of other idiots give their name and say something like "oh I love ironing" "I'm a black belt in origami"

It came round to me and I gave my name and the only thing I could think of was "I have the exact same size hands as the Yorkshire ripper"

Didn't get a laugh, got asked how I knew this so I said there was a waxwork of him in Luis Tussauds in Blackpool, got some shitarse tell me there wasn't, I told her there was as he was something of a celebrity in those parts, got asked to leave, thanked lucky stars, then got sent into another group where we all had to male up a song about our lives, lost will to live

About 5 years ago I had the misfortune to have an evening out with a an old girlfriend who I thought I may have a chance with again. She introduced me to this bloke (an old friend of hers from school) & no word of a lie he comes out with ........"Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a Paedophile". Funny ??? not.
  • edited September 2017
    All work trainings (manual handling, report writing, staff supervision, tongues tanning etc') whereby the first hour is taken by the bouncy presenter telling us the long list of wanks to come.
    And you sit there glazed eyes as your dream of early finish is buried under a pile of merciless butcher's papers.
  • All work trainings (manual handling, report writing, staff supervision, tongues tanning etc') whereby the first hour is taken by the bouncy presenter telling us the long list of wanks to come.
    And you sit there glazed eyes as your dream of early finish is buried under a pile of merciless butcher's papers.

In my job I have to sell to companies who provide this sort of stuff. So leadership, change, team building etc

They're a special bunch to say the least
  • GQ men. These are men that live their life according to what is advertised to them in GQ. Fashion, style, music taste, what they will do at the weekend. I know a few and I think to myself, why?
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

GQ men. These are men that live their life according to what is advertised to them in GQ. Fashion, style, music taste, what they will do at the weekend. I know a few and I think to myself, why?

I assume you are only mixing with them because you have to... :smile:
  • cabbles said:

All work trainings (manual handling, report writing, staff supervision, tongues tanning etc') whereby the first hour is taken by the bouncy presenter telling us the long list of wanks to come.

In my job I have to sell to companies who provide this sort of stuff. So leadership, change, team building etc

They're a special bunch to say the least
    In that industry, are there more Fionas? or Amandas...
    (We have a right to know)...
  • london underground striking the same day as england play there last qualifier to get to russia, selfish cnuts the quicker driverless trains come in the better.
  • The term 'pre-owned'. We had at least three good workable ways of saying this before the marketing gurus decided that pre-owned somehow sounded better; as if the goods in question had just been sitting unused in someone's cupboard. Second-hand, used and old are all perfectly good terms. We don't need the duplicity of pre-owned. Whatever next, hitherto purchased?
  • People in meetings mentioning Chatham House Rules [sic]. Just when and why did this old pony suddenly become so popular.
  • Stig said:

The term 'pre-owned'. We had at least three good workable ways of saying this before the marketing gurus decided that pre-owned somehow sounded better; as if the goods in question had just been sitting unused in someone's cupboard. Second-hand, used and old are all perfectly good terms. We don't need the duplicity of pre-owned. Whatever next, hitherto purchased?

Pre-loved is the one that gets me. Normally means "crappy condition"
  • People that want Dog Training because their dog has destroyed their house and then tell me they work 12 hours a day 6 days a week and every other Sunday!
  • salted caramel ??? Advert for a new Ben & Jerry's ice-cream and there is also a new Aero mouse that has this abomination in it. Who wants salt in their chocolate ?? Bloody Americans again.
  • Anti-discrimination group Kick It Out describing the lyrics about the size of Lukaku's penis as 'offensive and discriminatory'.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!