Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Riviera said:

Anyone who uses Ryanair gets what they deserve.

Ryanair now cancelling 40-50 flights a day for six weeks to allow staff to catch up on annual leave. Also the move will help it hit its annual punctuality target of 90%.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41291483
    Genuinely cant believe theyre allowed to mess customers about like that for reasons like that, and Ive heard theyre only giving people 24 notice in some cases an all
  • Riviera said:

You aint got a lot of choice if you need to fly out of Limoges between September and June, unless you go Southampton with Flybe. I personally dont care as I always drive
    I'm booked on a flight to Kerry in a few weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • iainment said:

Riviera said:

You aint got a lot of choice if you need to fly out of Limoges between September and June, unless you go Southampton with Flybe. I personally dont care as I always drive
    Would be interesting to see if flights to and from Ireland are affected at the same rate as other services to and from other destinations
  • iainment said:

Riviera said:

Would be interesting to see if flights to and from Ireland are affected at the same rate as other services to and from other destinations
    O'Leary has equal contempt for all. So I think Irish flights will also be affected as much as anywhere.
  • Why do they still get business? Ratner insulted his customer base and went under.
  • iaitch said:

Why do they still get business? Ratner insulted his customer base and went under.

I think they earn a lot of their income from the destination cities paying a subsidy so they fly there in the the first place

Piss taking travel companies/airlines.

Just spent 2k on holiday, go to look at getting extra leg room for the 10 hour flight, only to realise not only is the extra leg room seats all booked, but most of the other seats have been reserved, so if we want to sit next to each other we have to pay another £60 to hold those seats. Arseholes.

Ryan Air are now automatically seating people who book together in different parts of the plane, in the hope that they'll pay the 10 quid (I think) supplement. And charging 4 quid per booking if you wanna get your boarding pass more than 3 days in advance of you flight.

Glad BA now fly Gatwick - Limoges through the summer cos Ryan Air sucks balls
    Blimey, how much extra do they charge for that?
    Free ball suck and rim with evey 4 quid advance boarding pass so that ain't too shabby.
    Oh deary me...
    Showing your age there Algarve!
  • edited September 2017

British Gas. We're on a service plan with them and booked an engineer for this morning as the boiler's packed in. Got a call just now to say they can't make it due to high volume of call outs. It was only after a fairly long rant at the manager and telling him we have a 6 month old baby (which we don't) that they agreed to get someone out today at some time.

2nd time these wankers have done it to me, I'd booked a day off work last time.

Engineer was here within 2 hours and fixed it within 20 minutes. Didn't ask where the baby was!

Also managed to mount the new TV on the wall with no injuries/damages or swearing so decent day all round in the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree that's a shooting offence in my book.
  • Fiiish said:

People who don't put a divider down on the checkout belt once they've finished loading their shopping onto the belt.

Are they thick, rude or just cunts?

Never go shopping in Portugal then. Not using the divider is a national pastime...
  • People who cant read things in their head and have to mumble their way through a Report

Am trying to concentrate here and having to listen to some barely readable text is bloody irritating.
  • Fiiish said:

People who don't put a divider down on the checkout belt once they've finished loading their shopping onto the belt.

Always give it an unnecessarily hard smack on the checkout when that happens to me.
  • Fiiish said:

Had one bloke a few weeks ago who put the divider down on the checkout (Was behind me) before I'd finished unloading the trolley, meant that I eventually ran out of room because he was happily loading the belt himself and had to start piling items!!
  • Fiiish said:

Had one bloke a few weeks ago who put the divider down on the checkout (Was behind me) before I'd finished unloading the trolley, meant that I eventually ran out of room because he was happily loading the belt himself and had to start piling items!!
    Disgraceful checkout etiquette. If that happened to me my packing speed would reach a world record slow.
  • People who don't bag as they go on self-service supermarket tills.
  • edited September 2017
    Talal said:

Fiiish said:

Disgraceful checkout etiquette. If that happened to me my packing speed would reach a world record slow.
    Oh it most certainly did, partly just to piss him off, partly because he made it extra difficult for me to reach the bottom items in the trolley!! - Is why the majority of days I'll do the Asda Click n Collect (really worth it as saves you having to deal with the cretins)
  • Sponsored links:

• People who hover around you in a supermarket till queue with a couple of items in their basket hoping you'll let them go in front just because there a few people waiting at the basket only till, or worse, say "oh I can't use those modern things" when you point out there are self-service tills free.
  • Supermarket parent&child parking zones.
  • Supermarkets, particularly Sainsburys, who shut down their fresh meat/fish/deli counters an hour before the shop closes. You're either open or you're not Sainsburys!
  • Think supermarkets need their own thread...
  • Talal said:

Think supermarkets need their own thread...

Surprised its taken this long for Supermarkets to become a topic on this Thread

Dont think I've ever seen it happen before
  • The new Barclays machines that let you get out large amounts of cash, which is good, then they give you the option to choose what notes you want, which is good; but then proceed to choose your notes for you! So you have to change their selection for you actually wanted when you chose the option.
  • edited September 2017
    The fact that no cash machine allows you to withdraw a £5 note - On some occasions I dont want to take £10 out or I may not have £10 in my account in the bloody first place

Even more annoying is when your at a machine, need £5 yet are sure those notes arent available so you take out £10 only to be given two £5 notes!!
  • The fact that no cash machine allows you to withdraw a £5 note - On some occasions I dont want to take £10 out or I may not have £10 in my account in the bloody first place

The new Barclays ones that have replaced cashiers let you take out a fiver.
  • Halifax branches always have one of their machine that do £5 but its the ones inside
  • Riviera said:

People who don't bag as they go on self-service supermarket tills.

Sorry mate, I'm guilty of that. Used to try and bag but it always lead to some sort of "unexpected item in the bagging area" issue that meant I had to wait for someone to come over and reset the till for me.

I hate those bastard machines but always end up using them cos there's always a queue for the handful of real people they still employ.

Try to avoid supermarkets as much as possible these days. Not cheap, generally an utterly soul-sapping experience, and with the amount of Metro/Express/Local stores they that keep being allowed to open. 25 Sainsburys stores within 2.5 miles of my house, 16 Tescos and plenty more Asdas, Aldis, Lidls and Waitrose
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!