Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Don't think so if you have cancelled before the start of the policy.

If you cancelled after the policy auto-renewed you are probably stuffed.

Looks like my carefree attitude to it hasn't done me any favours then. Even though it wasn't me that renewed it.
    Like Alwaysneil said, everyone should check whether their policies auto renew.

If they do, as soon as you get a quote from them, search for a better alternative on at least one comparison site.

If you find something better (you will 99% of the time), take out the cover and inform your current (old) insurer that you will not be renewing and cancel your DDR.

If you don't inform them before the renewal date, then yes they will likely charge you a cancellation fee, as you will have asked them to cancel a newly taken out policy.
  • Don't think so if you have cancelled before the start of the policy.

If you cancelled after the policy auto-renewed you are probably stuffed.

Looks like my carefree attitude to it hasn't done me any favours then. Even though it wasn't me that renewed it.
    Like Alwaysneil said, everyone should check whether their policies auto renew.

If they do, as soon as you get a quote from them, search for a better alternative on at least one comparison site.

If you find something better (you will 99% of the time), take out the cover and inform your current (old) insurer that you will not be renewing and cancel your DDR.

If you don't inform them before the renewal date, then yes they will likely charge you a cancellation fee, as you will have asked them to cancel a newly taken out policy.
    Thanks for the advice Covered End. However, I will be trying not to pay these bastards a penny more on the basis that I neither asked them to renew or cancel. I believe that I as the customer should have the choice whether I renew or not. This was how it used to work! The cancellation charge is £35. For what eh?!
  • getting your car back from its annual service to find the digital clock is 6 mins slow, the radio settings are all back to factory settings so the balance is all wrong, too much bass & coming out of the driver's speaker too much so its sounds as if its mono & not stereo.

I had a courtesy pick-up & drop off so I didn't notice it until this morning - also had to re-adjust the drivers seat settings as the bloke who drove it must have been over 6ft tall or a giraffe.

then thy called me to see if I was happy & would I recommend them........I think the poor lady on the phone got the message !!

first world problems
  • Never have any insurance on automatic renewal. When your insurance is due tell them not to put automatic renewal on, then when it is due you can check other insurance companies and then argue with your present insurer to keep the price to other lower prices. If you have automatic renewal it will always be more expensive
  • If you cancelled after the policy auto-renewed you are probably stuffed.

Depending on the cooling off window, usually between 14 & 28 days.

You will potentially lose any money between the date you notified them to cancel and the policy start date.
  • bbob said:

getting your car back from its annual service to find the digital clock is 6 mins slow, the radio settings are all back to factory settings so the balance is all wrong, too much bass & coming out of the driver's speaker too much so its sounds as if its mono & not stereo.

I had a courtesy pick-up & drop off so I didn't notice it until this morning - also had to re-adjust the drivers seat settings as the bloke who drove it must have been over 6ft tall or a giraffe.

then thy called me to see if I was happy & would I recommend them........I think the poor lady on the phone got the message !!

first world problems
    It is more or less the entire basis of this thread bbob, in fairness to Golfie...
  • Cyclist who go through red lights and zebra crossings as you're crossing whilst all the other traffic, including other, decent ,cyclists have had the courtesy to stop in line with the highway code and common decency.

They always seem to be the kind of subhuman felchers who appear to want to give off the air of being important, go-getter types who don't have time to play by the man's rulebook but in reality are inadequate underachievers in every facet of their impotent existence and the sort of creeps who'll have a furtive stroll around the carriage sniffing seats after the train terminates at Charing Cross and everyone else has got off and therefore to get some form of redemption for their wavering self esteem by hurling past pedestrians whilst dressed as lycra- clad dildos.

Yeah those people get right on my tits.

You could have just said they seem like Jacob Rees-Mogg...
  • Dazzler21 said:

Recruiters that don't get back to you, or at least advise you that it's their policy that if you haven't heard in 2 weeks, you're likely unsuccessful.

The worst bit is once you're in a role, they won't leave you alone!
  • ross1 said:

Never have any insurance on automatic renewal. When your insurance is due tell them not to put automatic renewal on, then when it is due you can check other insurance companies and then argue with your present insurer to keep the price to other lower prices. If you have automatic renewal it will always be more expensive

Agree with your point, though on a couple of occasions for me an automatic renewal price has actually been my cheapest option. Just doesn't happen very often.
    I'm actually surprised there isn't some regulation that bans automatic renewals unless you specifically tick a box or say on phone that you want it.
  • Cyclist who go through red lights and zebra crossings as you're crossing whilst all the other traffic, including other, decent ,cyclists have had the courtesy to stop in line with the highway code and common decency.

They always seem to be the kind of subhuman felchers who appear to want to give off the air of being important, go-getter types who don't have time to play by the man's rulebook but in reality are inadequate underachievers in every facet of their impotent existence and the sort of creeps who'll have a furtive stroll around the carriage sniffing seats after the train terminates at Charing Cross and everyone else has got off and therefore to get some form of redemption for their wavering self esteem by hurling past pedestrians whilst dressed as lycra- clad dildos.

Yeah those people get right on my tits.

Who would be at fault if ones fist accidently jerked out and punched cyclist going through red light, pedestrian crossing in the head, causing cyclist to fall off under a lorry and get their head crushed?

Or if a stinger miraculously appeared in same scenario as above?
  • Sponsored links:

• Celebrity vicars.
  • iainment said:

Celebrity vicars.

Why would they be at fault?
  • iainment said:

Celebrity vicars.

Why would they be at fault?
    They annoy me. Look at the thread title. I answered the question.
  • iainment said:

Celebrity vicars.

I honestly couldn't name one off the top of my head, there is the one getting bummed by Cliff Richard but i couldn't name him. does getting bummed by a celebrity make you a celebrity?
  • iainment said:

Celebrity vicars.

I honestly couldn't name one off the top of my head, there is the one getting bummed by Cliff Richard but i couldn't name him. does getting bummed by a celebrity make you a celebrity?
    It does if your name's David Furnish

iainment said:

Celebrity vicars.

does getting bummed by a celebrity make you a celebrity?
    There are easier routes to fame mate before you start loitering round the bins behind The Ivy with a crate of lube and willing look in your eye .
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg being given a platform on national TV share his thoughts on what women should be allowed or not with their bodies.

He has very nonce like features
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg being given a platform on national TV to share his thoughts on what women should be allowed to do or not with their bodies.

Did he go on there to push his own thoughts/beliefs or was he just on there,was asked the question and replied honestly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Jacob Rees-Mogg being given a platform on national TV share his thoughts on what women should be allowed or not with their bodies.

Cannot believe the plethora of working and middle class cretins on media yesterday thinking he would be good in their interests as prime member.

Personality politics and this twat embodies the worst stereotypical aspects of the upper class and extreme toryism in its contempt and disdain for anyone that does not fall into that limited sphere.

Unbelievable people still fall for it after the grinning bufoon Johnson conned everyone with his bumbling twat routine. Depressing
    It's not even personality politics. He is anti-EU, therefore he will receive massive support in spite of any other views he holds.
  • iainment said:

Celebrity vicars.

Nothing to do with Cliff but these at the moment. Richard Coles. He's all over Radio 4, was on masterchef and is to be on strictly. And this week another one on masterchef whose claim to fame is gogglebox. Can't remember her name.
  • Got back from holiday on saturday.

sat at my desk at work and STILL got the minI-disco songs going through my head.

Chu Chu Wa,
    Chu Chu Wa,
    Chu Chu Wa Wa Wa....
  • iainment said:

Celebrity vicars.

1) The annoying bird vicar with the mute husband in Gogglebox.

2) the sanctimonious ponce vicar who used to be in the Communards and sounds like Derek Nimmo.
  • MrOneLung said:

Got back from holiday on saturday.

sat at my desk at work and STILL got the minI-disco songs going through my head.

Chu Chu Wa,
    Chu Chu Wa,
    Chu Chu Wa Wa Wa....

I love that one.
  • MrOneLung said:

Chu Chu Wa,
    Chu Chu Wa,
    Chu Chu Wa Wa Wa....

Got me singing that now you wotsit.

Christ we had that one, the Ran San San one, the chucu chucu train one, some German one about flying... Only one Black Lace song all week and it was their worst one (Superman).

I'm being made to play them all on YouTube to recreate the vibe
  • Richard Coles annoys me too. Very smug for someone whose entire career is based on believing fairy tales

Cannot believe the plethora of working and middle class cretins on media yesterday thinking he would be good in their interests as prime member.

Personality politics and this twat embodies the worst stereotypical aspects of the upper class and extreme toryism in its contempt and disdain for anyone that does not fall into that limited sphere.

Unbelievable people still fall for it after the grinning bufoon Johnson conned everyone with his bumbling twat routine. Depressing
    He's a skinny Boris.
  • MrOneLung said:

Chu Chu Wa,
    Chu Chu Wa,
    Chu Chu Wa Wa Wa....

Thought you'd be too old for the groovy gang.
  • MrOneLung said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg being given a platform on national TV to share his thoughts on what women should be allowed to do or not with their bodies.

Did he go on there to push his own thoughts/beliefs or was he just on there,was asked the question and replied honestly?
    I don't think he went on expecting to be asked about the new Angelic Upstarts album or the Wolverhampton Wanderers back four...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!