Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

My cat smashed a wine glass over my wife's head this evening. Impressive if nothing else.

Was it pissed ?
    Only after a lady's toe made substantial progress up its anus
    Was it a pink and purple cat?
    I refer you to my previous answer
  • The incredibly unfunny political terms I unfortunately see people use on twitter. Stuff like 'Brexshit' or 'Remoaners'. And these people think they are intellectually superior to others because they talk about this bollocks. Can't get away from it.
  • Back to school photos

Teachers giving it the bigun about have 6 weeks off, now moaning about going back
  • Online greetings card businesses

• Talal said:

People who signal right at small roundabouts and then go straight on. Meaning if you're coming from the opposite direction you have to slow down/stop unnecessarily.

People who can't take roundabouts full stop. Ive seen more than one person here in France in the outside lane of roundabouts, right indicator on (to exit), go right round to the last exit. Also, some roundabouts here in smaller towns, you give way to cars coming onto the roundabout, no warning or special sign, that's just the way it is and you're just meant to know
    All the roundabouts in France were that way once and they have gradually been adopting the give way to those already on the roundabout approach like we have. They only put the signs on the roundabouts where this 'new' approach is adopted, not the other way round. They're obviously rushing this through I was told this by a French teacher back in about 1985...
  • Hotel buffet queuing etiquette

Just back from holiday, and I am quite a fussy eater, so I do not want anything from the bowls of potato salads, the various other salad constituents, vegetables and cheeses that make up the first half of the buffet, but I felt obliged to queue from the back and shuffle along with an empty plate until I reached the pasta, fish, meat, potato section etc that interested me.

Should I have just ambled up and joined the queue midway at the relevant section I wanted?
  • Whistling, what's the point?

To prove you're a prick. Can't stand whistlers.

You calling me a prick, outside ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Medway Council!!... Introducing a CPZ in my area when all they care about is the money they make rather than resolving the parking issues.

Thankfully my road is going to remain out of Zone so wont have to pay for permits (something I can do without what with my first child on the way) yet they've basically put in the letter saying that we wont be allowed to get a Permit for the CPZ area (which is just two roads away) and that we'll "have to accept that parking down our road will become more challenging" because those with permits (or those who want to avoid getting a permit) will just park down my road themselves.

Of course we've been offered a further survey to complete and return asking if we now want to change our minds and have the CPZ in our road too which feels like blackmail... thankfully the amount of cars that do have off road parking down my road (and another that has rejected the plans) mean that the council won't be able to win!!

I pay enough fucking Council Tax each month to have to pay for the privilege to try and park outside my goddamn house too!!
  • MrOneLung said:

Hotel buffet queuing etiquette

Just back from holiday, and I am quite a fussy eater, so I do not want anything from the bowls of potato salads, the various other salad constituents, vegetables and cheeses that make up the first half of the buffet, but I felt obliged to queue from the back and shuffle along with an empty plate until I reached the pasta, fish, meat, potato section etc that interested me.

Should I have just ambled up and joined the queue midway at the relevant section I wanted?

No. Start eating proper food. You are not six (are you?). :wink::lol:
  • Just old enough to know what I don't like...
  • Medway Council!!... Introducing a CPZ in my area when all they care about is the money they make rather than resolving the parking issues.

Thankfully my road is going to remain out of Zone so wont have to pay for permits (something I can do without what with my first child on the way) yet they've basically put in the letter saying that we wont be allowed to get a Permit for the CPZ area (which is just two roads away) and that we'll "have to accept that parking down our road will become more challenging" because those with permits (or those who want to avoid getting a permit) will just park down my road themselves.

Of course we've been offered a further survey to complete and return asking if we now want to change our minds and have the CPZ in our road too which feels like blackmail... thankfully the amount of cars that do have off road parking down my road (and another that has rejected the plans) mean that the council won't be able to win!!

I pay enough fucking Council Tax each month to have to pay for the privilege to try and park outside my goddamn house too!!

That is Medway council at their best

Every single one of the councillors are bent, yet nobody is seizing the iron and going for them other than making a wafty comment to the local press. That tells me the opposition is as bent as the ones in council. Fucking wankers
  • Who is worse? The England brass band or that bloke at Pompey who rings the bell?

Whenever either are on TV, I have to turn it off!
  • Can't believe the bloke that rings the bell is still around
  • se9addick said:

Can't believe the bloke that rings the bell is still around

Quasimodo
  • Phil Neville's total over the top positivity about England tonight. What game was he watching?

You calling me a prick, outside ;)
    I'm staying out of this one.........*walks off whistling*
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

Hotel buffet queuing etiquette

I noticed people queueing for the salad stuff after a funeral I attended.

After a quick recce I decided that a move for the meat products was in order. I circumnavigated the throng of people and headed for the far trestle table. I reckon I’d consumed three sausage rolls before a single lettuce leaf had been digested. You mustn’t stand on ceremony old boy, get stuck in!

Mind you, I’ve not been invited out since, so maybe you’re right to play it cool.
  • se9addick said:

Can't believe the bloke that rings the bell is still around

You mean John Anthony Portsmouth Football Club Westwood. :smile:
    He's not actually that old you know. Well not compared to me!

Especially the ones who think they're f ing bird "warblers" or summink and assume that everyone thinks they're f ing great and trill away at the top of their f ing beaks.

Do us a favour, go and eat seed in yer shed or practise on a grouse shoot or summink!

Somebody can't whistle
  • Builders....again. Everyone I know has nothing but agg with these wankers.
  • People who take up 2 spaces in a parking bay, f ing unts!
  • People who take up 2 spaces in a parking bay, f ing unts!

Should be charged for two spaces if they've only paid for the one ticket!!
  • this type of thing?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!