Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Parent and child parking at the supermarket, but only when the kids and mum stay in the car whilst the obese dad runs out to get a pie or something.

Had it at Sainsbury. When I asked the mother where her child was she pointed out a spotty late teen lad. I called her a selfish c**t and she said I should be ashamed of myself.
  • Kiwi fruit
  • iainment said:

Kiwi fruit

I've always found Kiwi fruit to be quite innocuous. Mangoes ... really piss me off.
  • Diarrhoea, really gives me the shits!
  • iainment said:

Kiwi fruit

I've always found Kiwi fruit to be quite innocuous. Mangoes ... really piss me off.
    Don't get me started on Kumquats...
  • iainment said:

Kiwi fruit

Don't get me started on Kumquats...
    Somebody gave us some Quince last night. WTF do you do with it, and please don't say make jelly.

• Durian fruit annoys me. It fairly honks
  • McBobbin said:

Durian fruit annoys me. It fairly honks

We were in Malaysia a couple of weeks ago and tried durian ice cream. Absolute filth.
    Stank like shit and gave us all crappy aftertaste like rotten fish for about an hour.
    Fucking disgusting.

(For those that don't know, durian fruit is famous in that part of the world for being smelly, but delicious.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

People who signal right at small roundabouts and then go straight on. Meaning if you're coming from the opposite direction you have to slow down/stop unnecessarily.

People who can't take roundabouts full stop. Ive seen more than one person here in France in the outside lane of roundabouts, right indicator on (to exit), go right round to the last exit. Also, some roundabouts here in smaller towns, you give way to cars coming onto the roundabout, no warning or special sign, that's just the way it is and you're just meant to know
  • It's not delicious though. Having said that, the types who like durian fruit reckon stilton is the work of the devil
  • Dazzler21 said:

True Biscuit League rankings:

Premier League
    Chocolate Hobnobs
    Chocolate Digestives
    Penguin Biscuit Bars
    Foxes Classic Biscuit Bar

Championship
    Shorties
    Bourbons
    BN’s
    Custard Creams (gets relegated and promoted often)

League 1
    Jammie Dodgers (gets promoted and relegated often)
    Hobnobs
    Digestives (Well known and generally liked side, just no ambition - Charlton)
    Foxes Crunch Creams (too sickly to be higher placed)
    Nice
    Malted Milk

League 2
    Rich Tea Biscuits
    Snack biscuits
    Maryland Cookies

Non-League (Do not qualify as a biscuit)
    Tunnocks Caramel Bar
    Tunnocks Tea Cakes
    Oreo anything… Just F*** off.

Any i need to add to the leagues?

No honorable mention for the ginger snap?
    I don't buy Tunnocks Tea Cakes - because i eat the whole six pack in one go. They are Champions league mate.
  • McBobbin said:

It's not delicious though. Having said that, the types who like durian fruit reckon stilton is the work of the devil

No, I know it's not.
    I've started wondering if it's the local in-joke that locals tell foreigners it's tasty when they know it's actually filth.
  • Talal said:

People who signal right at small roundabouts and then go straight on. Meaning if you're coming from the opposite direction you have to slow down/stop unnecessarily.

People who can't take roundabouts full stop. Ive seen more than one person here in France in the outside lane of roundabouts, right indicator on (to exit), go right round to the last exit. Also, some roundabouts here in smaller towns, you give way to cars coming onto the roundabout, no warning or special sign, that's just the way it is and you're just meant to know
    This system seems to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md99WmB2o2U

• edited September 2017

Dazzler21 said:

True Biscuit League rankings:

Premier League
    Chocolate Hobnobs
    Chocolate Digestives
    Penguin Biscuit Bars
    Foxes Classic Biscuit Bar

Championship
    Shorties
    Bourbons
    BN’s
    Custard Creams (gets relegated and promoted often)

League 1
    Jammie Dodgers (gets promoted and relegated often)
    Hobnobs
    Digestives (Well known and generally liked side, just no ambition - Charlton)
    Foxes Crunch Creams (too sickly to be higher placed)
    Nice
    Malted Milk

League 2
    Rich Tea Biscuits
    Snack biscuits
    Maryland Cookies

Non-League (Do not qualify as a biscuit)
    Tunnocks Caramel Bar
    Tunnocks Tea Cakes
    Oreo anything… Just F*** off.

Any i need to add to the leagues?

No honorable mention for the ginger snap?
    I don't buy Tunnocks Tea Cakes - because i eat the whole six pack in one go. They are Champions league mate.
    Is there another way, he asks nonchalantly....
  • muppetman said:

Talal said:

I just put me foot down when in Paris bud, as bad as the french are at driving,, they seem to know where the break peddle is
  • ....and they ain't very reciprocal when it comes to road rage either
  • edited September 2017

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Have to say, one of the most stupidest ideas, putting a mini market in petrol stations!

Convenient of course but bloody annoying when waiting for some dick to finish and then return to their vehicle!

"Has it got a mini mart?"

"Pardon, a what?"

"A mini mart. it's like a scaled down version of supermarket, fits inside a petrol station, sells pies, anti-freeze, that sort of thing"
    People being an arse, just for the sake of it. When they know perfectly well, what the poster is talking about;)

I couldn't be bothered to put Supermarket, because ones in petrol stations don't come across as particularly "Super!" considering how annoying they can be.
    Don't mind me mate. It's a quote from an Alan partridge episode. Sorry, can't help myself. Do it all the time. Did it to a woman on LinkedIn once :smiley:
    Very curious on the linkedin one! What quote did you use and what had she said?

Quoting partridge/brent is one of the most satisfying things one can do, in my opinion.
    Mate it was perfect. I did actually screen grab it and put it on here once, but I've looked back through the search function and can't find it. It was a few years ago. Basically some random woman came up on my feed with the question

"It's your last day on earth, how would you spend it"

I replied using the lines from the 2nd series where AP is doing his bank holiday weekend call in show about what listeners are doing. So I replied back to her

"I'd like to go to Legoland with Sean Connery and afterwards we'd go into the centre of Windsor and have a lovely lamb roast/lunch"

She must've been American or something because she then replied

"Gee that's great Robert, you certainly sound like a man who knows what he wants and is living life to the full"

To which I replied

"Actually, I don't think that would be Connery's cup of tea, I think he'd much rather go to the wild fowl park and then after have a nice big bottle of scotch"

The immense pleasure I got from just that silly interaction with some random on LinkedIn was enough of a partridge boost

My dream would be to get interviewed by a news reporter on st Patrick's day and do the Irish are going through a major image change bit, see how far I get before they realise I'm talking gibberish - actually dropped that one on the latest Brexit thread the other day, purely for my own sad amusement
    You two seen Richard Madeley lately? :lol:

"Come on, it's a serious question" Richard, are you a c*nt?
  • muppetman said:

Talal said:

I just put me foot down when in Paris bud, as bad as the french are at driving,, they seem to know where the break peddle is
    That's what happens when you don't have road markings. To slow down the traffic in my village the council have recently got rid of the centre line - no idea now where you are in connection to on-coming traffic & nearly hit someone last week. Its not as if people race through that particular stretch of road is there is a 30 mile an hour speed camera, a pedestrian crossing opposite the train station & a Sainsbury's local that has traffic going in & out. I suppose that what I pay my council tax for - stupid ideas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

I see you sent them all here for August...
  • That Warwickshire are Birmingham Bears

Thankfully, football teams don't have animals in their names - Charlton Cheetahs, anyone? We all know who the cheaters are though.
  • That Warwickshire are Birmingham Bears

Thankfully, football teams don't have animals in their names - Charlton Cheetahs, anyone? We all know who the cheaters are though.
    Apart from wolves
  • McBobbin said:

That Warwickshire are Birmingham Bears

Apart from wolves
    And Shrewsbury
  • Gatwick airport. Black holes are easier to escape. What would someone's impression be if that was their first glimpse of Britain?
  • McBobbin said:

Apart from wolves
    And Shrewsbury
    millwall shitehawks
  • McBobbin said:

Gatwick airport. Black holes are easier to escape. What would someone's impression be if that was their first glimpse of Britain?

Well you should have got the 1040 flight. Arrived Gatwick at 12 got they arrivals by 1 got an eat in McDonald's just outside Gatwick and was home near Romford by 230.
  • MrOneLung said:

McBobbin said:

Gatwick airport. Black holes are easier to escape. What would someone's impression be if that was their first glimpse of Britain?

Well you should have got the 1040 flight. Arrived Gatwick at 12 got they arrivals by 1 got an eat in McDonald's just outside Gatwick and was home near Romford by 230.
    I spent longer than that waiting for the bus for the carpark! Went to cala'n Forcat btw, very nice. On the west coast near ciutadella
  • Carter said:

McBobbin said:

Apart from wolves
    And Shrewsbury
    millwall shitehawks
    Oxford
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!