Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• People who dawdle at traffic lights.
  • Tesco!

Every time there's a school holiday the price of Pom Bear Teddies rockets.

£1 for a bag of six packs when they're at school, £1.70 a bag when they're not.

Bastards!
  • Public Sector websites.

If you have a question the answers are never there.

If you want to complete a form you do not have the facility to read the thing as a whole before trying to complete it.

There's more but in summary they are user unfriendly which is probably the idea given the inability and difficulty in contacting them by telephone and / or email too!
  • Have to say, one of the most stupidest ideas, putting a mini market in petrol stations!

Convenient of course but bloody annoying when waiting for some dick to finish and then return to their vehicle!

"Has it got a mini mart?"

"Pardon, a what?"

"A mini mart. it's like a scaled down version of supermarket, fits inside a petrol station, sells pies, anti-freeze, that sort of thing"
  • edited August 2017
    Talal said:

People who signal right at small roundabouts and then go straight on. Meaning if you're coming from the opposite direction you have to slow down/stop unnecessarily.

I used to work with a guy who did this - only person I've met who did & I can never understand why. If you're going right then signal - if you are going straight on then don't.
  • MrLargo said:

Talal said:

People who signal right at small roundabouts and then go straight on. Meaning if you're coming from the opposite direction you have to slow down/stop unnecessarily.

Not sure where you live, Talal, but in the borough of Lewisham nobody understands the rules of the roundabout (i.e. give way to the right), indicating at any junction or roundabout is entirely optional and driving in a way that suggests that you've just taken part in a bank robbery is compulsory at all times. Drivers are encouraged to give the finger to other road users whenever possible.

Pedestrians are no better. I presume that the Green Cross Code is no longer taught in schools - nobody looks before they cross anymore, and you can expect to receive a tirade of abuse if you nearly mow down some halfwit with his stereo on when he steps into the road as if it's just an extension of the pavement.
    Greenwich borough now but lived in Lewisham borough for many years. Just as bad as each other it seems.
    Just as annoying as my first point are those arseholes who don't bother signalling right when they're actually going right (at roundabout). I always nudge out further than they expect to try to make it clear they're in the wrong, though I doubt it has any affect.
  • edited August 2017
    cabbles said:

Have to say, one of the most stupidest ideas, putting a mini market in petrol stations!

Convenient of course but bloody annoying when waiting for some dick to finish and then return to their vehicle!

"Pardon, a what?"

"A mini mart. it's like a scaled down version of supermarket, fits inside a petrol station, sells pies, anti-freeze, that sort of thing"
    People being an arse, just for the sake of it. When they know perfectly well, what the poster is talking about;)

I couldn't be bothered to put Supermarket, because ones in petrol stations don't come across as particularly "Super!" considering how annoying they can be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

Never EVER drive in Portugal mate...
  • MrLargo said:

Talal said:

Not sure where you live, Talal, but in the borough of Lewisham nobody understands the rules of the roundabout (i.e. give way to the right), indicating at any junction or roundabout is entirely optional and driving in a way that suggests that you've just taken part in a bank robbery is compulsory at all times. Drivers are encouraged to give the finger to other road users whenever possible.

Pedestrians are no better. I presume that the Green Cross Code is no longer taught in schools - nobody looks before they cross anymore, and you can expect to receive a tirade of abuse if you nearly mow down some halfwit with his stereo on when he steps into the road as if it's just an extension of the pavement.
    Are there lots of Portuguese in Lewisham? :lol:
  • T.C.E said:

Talal said:

I used to work with a guy who did this - only person I've met who did & I can never understand why. If you're going right then signal - if you are going straight on then don't.
    I never signal on roundabouts, it causes so much confusion. I know where I'm going and that's all that matters. ;)
    Are you Portuguese? :lol:
  • People that edge out at roundabouts, stay behind the line sucker this island is all mine.
  • T.C.E said:

Talal said:

I never signal on roundabouts, it causes so much confusion. I know where I'm going and that's all that matters. ;)
    Are you Portuguese? :lol:
    I've only ever driven abroad once, never again. America!!!
    My mate went all U.S of A on the journey and decided it was my turn to drive! The steering wheel was on the wrong side, he kept saying things like, Highway, interstate and intersection. Never on one holiday have I used the expression, "Please f*** *** talking like that" as many times. I had to negotiate four lanes of traffic to get in the that feckin express lane for more than one person in a car, it took me about 30 miles to do it, only for the *hithead to say we need to leave this highway at the next intersection and I only head about 3 miles to do it this time.
  • Umbrellas.
  • cabbles said:

Have to say, one of the most stupidest ideas, putting a mini market in petrol stations!

"Pardon, a what?"

People being an arse, just for the sake of it. When they know perfectly well, what the poster is talking about;)

I couldn't be bothered to put Supermarket, because ones in petrol stations don't come across as particularly "Super!" considering how annoying they can be.
    Don't mind me mate. It's a quote from an Alan partridge episode. Sorry, can't help myself. Do it all the time. Did it to a woman on LinkedIn once :smiley:
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

"Pardon, a what?"

Don't mind me mate. It's a quote from an Alan partridge episode. Sorry, can't help myself. Do it all the time. Did it to a woman on LinkedIn once :smiley:
    Ah yes, I remember it now, classic!
  • Police cars that drive in front of you at 20 mph or so goading you to overtake them so they can get a better look at you.
    If you don't overtake them they seem to get even more suspicious!
  • Police cars that drive in front of you at 20 mph or so goading you to overtake them so they can get a better look at you.
    If you don't overtake them they seem to get even more suspicious!

Ones that also put their sirens on when they don't want to sit in traffic. I guess it is a perk of the job, but does wind me up
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit of a local one so apologies to non-SE9 residents:

People who think that Archery Road is pedestrianised. So many people when crossing this road at it's junction with the High St just think it is an extension of the pavement and don't look for traffic turning into it.
  • T.C.E said:

Talal said:

I'd actually rather this than people that indicate early meaning you start to pull out only to find them right in front of you or about to hit you.

The roundabouts in Greenhithe and especially the one by the Hilton hotel is the worst for this and incorrect lane use

• Pret staff not putting serviettes in the bag.
  • edited August 2017

That moment you burn your tongue on something too hot when eating dinner.

You just know at that moment your tongue is gonna be sore whenever you eat or drink something for the next few days!!

.......or the roof of your mouth where you get that instant blister that you have to burst and then get that annoying flap of skin to deal with.
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

"Pardon, a what?"

Very curious on the linkedin one! What quote did you use and what had she said?

Quoting partridge/brent is one of the most satisfying things one can do, in my opinion.
  • That moment you burn your tongue on something too hot when eating dinner.

You just know at that moment your tongue is gonna be sore whenever you eat or drink something for the next few days!!

.......or the roof if your mouth where you get that instant blister that you have to burst and then get that annoying flap of skin to deal with.
    Burning my mouth on hot drinks and food is something that makes me angry. But who or what am I angry with? I did it recently with a cheese and tomato toasted sandwich and the whole filling. Cheese and entire slice of tomato slapped itself onto my bottom lip and chin. I was trying double hard to just bite a corner off with my teeth to test how hot it was.

• edited August 2017
    On the same theme.......buying a hot pie or pasty etc and having to wait 15 minutes before you can pick the bastard up, let alone take a bite out of it.
    Often done when you are out in your car and you have to sit there waiting for it to cool down or find a safe place to park to start scoffing some minutes later after you've driven off.
    All the time you are getting more and more ravenous and in my case irritated.
  • Yann for not pledging his final season to CAFC :heartbreak:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!