Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Carter said:

Just about everything has annoyed me today, my patience is normally pretty long but has been like a bees dick today. Just a summary of the highlights

Massive exaggeration of a supposed problem at work. Fucking easy fix, and the drama and theatrics were not needed at 7.35am

Having a JCB droning away all fucking day

Some mincer in a petrol station doing their weekly shop while I sit like a lemon on the forecourt

Being asked stupid questions seemingly for the asker to then rabbit on about their weekend that I give not one shit about

People bringing their kids to work then leaving them to antagonise me and make a racket near me because daddies on a conference call (so was I but let the little cunt embarrass me on my call instead eh mate)

The humidity

Helping someone else at work out massively and not only not being thanked for absolutely digging them out of the mess they had made but also being asked to do more to make them look good, fuuuuck offff

Having my missus and her family phone me up constantly throughout the day to enquire when I will finish so I can sweat my bollocks off taking a temporary structure down, something that could have been done at any point with 5 of them over the he last 8 hours

You ok hun? Xx
    I'll pm you xx
  • People with stupid ring tones on their mobiles & want everyone to know.

I'm currently sitting in a waiting area at the hospital (with my phone on silent) and some numpty has a scooby doo ring tone / alert and its gone off half a dozen times in the last 20 mins. Bloody irratating and childish......he's about 45.

It's worse when they're in the office and refuse to put it on silent. Someone in my office gets a call every hour or so from his wife (probably).
  • People who spell Will Grigg as Griggs.

His surname is clearly Grigg and spelt as such. The letter S is thre letters away from the letter G on the keyboard so can't even pin it on fat fingers.

It's not like we say Sollys or Bauers or Aribos so why Griggs?

1. Because, unlike the others, Griggs is an actual surname
    2. Because there's a song about him in the public consciousness that says "Will Grigg's on fire", thereby making people familiar with his name having an S on the end.
    Griggs may be a surname but Will's surname is Grigg so when the song is sung it's Grigg's on fire which is excusable when saying it. I see your point but it's no excuse for the spelling of Grigg :)
    I should clarify, as much as I defended it there, I actually get really annoyed when people get names wrong - it often strikes me as being disrespectful.

Like on 5live, in a conversation about Lewandowski, Jason Roberts kept calling him Loo-an-dal-ski. As if he was thinking "bloody hell, I can't believe how many people are getting this guy's name wrong - it's clearly W, not V".
  • Greenie said:

When my back goes, first time 3 years ago, couldnt move for a week, did it reaching for a tea cup......!
    Every now and then I get a twinge, but know if I do some gentle back rotations it clicks and all is good.
    Last week I was doing some training at my club, stuff I've been doing for years, sparring, brake falls, bag and pad work, smashed it no probs, you get the idea.
    Yesterday I picked up a small pallet, weighs bugger all, and the bastard just went....Im walking like Ive just filled the back of my pants up....FFS.

Getting old is just dog shit.

I doesn't just happen when you get old mate. I did my tricep the ofther day... playing darts!

It wasn't even while throwing, but taking the darts out of the board ffs!!
  • People with stupid ring tones on their mobiles & want everyone to know.

I'm currently sitting in a waiting area at the hospital (with my phone on silent) and some numpty has a scooby doo ring tone / alert and its gone off half a dozen times in the last 20 mins. Bloody irratating and childish......he's about 45.

It's worse when they're in the office and refuse to put it on silent. Someone in my office gets a call every hour or so from his wife (probably).
    key tones.
  • Greenie said:

When my back goes, first time 3 years ago, couldnt move for a week, did it reaching for a tea cup......!
    Every now and then I get a twinge, but know if I do some gentle back rotations it clicks and all is good.
    Last week I was doing some training at my club, stuff I've been doing for years, sparring, brake falls, bag and pad work, smashed it no probs, you get the idea.
    Yesterday I picked up a small pallet, weighs bugger all, and the bastard just went....Im walking like Ive just filled the back of my pants up....FFS.

Getting old is just dog shit.

Sympathies fella. My back goes out more often than I do these days and it's taking me longer and longer to recover. Just spent nearly 3 weeks shuffling around exactly like you described. I was only filling my drinks bottle up at the fecking water dispenser when I did it too.

I put it down to being a highly tuned athlete.
  • People who spell Will Grigg as Griggs.

His surname is clearly Grigg and spelt as such. The letter S is thre letters away from the letter G on the keyboard so can't even pin it on fat fingers.

It's not like we say Sollys or Bauers or Aribos so why Griggs?

1. Because, unlike the others, Griggs is an actual surname
    2. Because there's a song about him in the public consciousness that says "Will Grigg's on fire", thereby making people familiar with his name having an S on the end.
    Griggs may be a surname but Will's surname is Grigg so when the song is sung it's Grigg's on fire which is excusable when saying it. I see your point but it's no excuse for the spelling of Grigg :)
    I should clarify, as much as I defended it there, I actually get really annoyed when people get names wrong - it often strikes me as being disrespectful.

Like on 5live, in a conversation about Lewandowski, Jason Roberts kept calling him Loo-an-dal-ski. As if he was thinking "bloody hell, I can't believe how many people are getting this guy's name wrong - it's clearly W, not V".
    I'm yet to hear a pundit call the Liverpool number 9 'Firmino'.
    Everyone calls him Firminiho
  • My son has a lot of early appointment's at King's mid week, impossible driving with the morning traffic, should we walk it next time so your a bit more comfortable? Man up!
  • Hand driers in toilets that don't do anything hardly
  • People who take the Facebook meaning of the word "friend" to mean that you actually have to be friends with someone to have them on your list

Why teles are measured corner to corner and not just done in height and width

The only measurement you need to know is 65 inch. Anything bigger is great, anything smaller is a tablet not a tele.
    I'm making a Danish style tv unit, but we haven't got the tele to go in it yet, so I was looking at sizes of possible teles, but the measurements are only corner to corner. This don't help me out at all
  • Sponsored links:

• American mustard. Mustard for people that don't like mustard.
  • People who take the Facebook meaning of the word "friend" to mean that you actually have to be friends with someone to have them on your list

Why teles are measured corner to corner and not just done in height and width

The only measurement you need to know is 65 inch. Anything bigger is great, anything smaller is a tablet not a tele.
    I'm making a Danish style tv unit, but we haven't got the tele to go in it yet, so I was looking at sizes of possible teles, but the measurements are only corner to corner. This don't help me out at all
    In that case try Richer Sounds website. All models sold have overall dimensions on the spec tab.
    I do like that style units, please post pictures of it when you've finished it.
  • Being told off by a seven year old and knowing deep down they were right

I blame the parents.
  • charltonJ said:

My son has a lot of early appointment's at King's mid week, impossible driving with the morning traffic, should we walk it next time so your a bit more comfortable? Man up!

Train to Denmark Hill ??
  • Dirty Dartford
  • charltonJ said:

My son has a lot of early appointment's at King's mid week, impossible driving with the morning traffic, should we walk it next time so your a bit more comfortable? Man up!

If you're referring to Cabbles point above and my similar point on the Southeastern thread then no clearly not. It was clear that whay we were referring to were daytrippers and tourists with no reason to travel at commuter time. Not people with genuine reasons and places to go.

I wish your son all the best.
  • Most afternoons at work when a couple of birds sitting at the desks behind me start playing videos on there phones ffs.

"My mate's kid really cracks me up" one says to her mate, meanwhile I have to endure the noise of a small child I don't give a toss about wondering why people fill there phones up with this kind of crap whilst I'm trying to get work done.
  • cabbles said:

Most afternoons at work when a couple of birds sitting at the desks behind me start playing videos on there phones ffs.

"My mate's kid really cracks me up" one says to her mate, meanwhile I have to endure the noise of a small child I don't give a toss about wondering why people fill there phones up with this kind of crap whilst I'm trying to get work done.

just retialiate with an interview on valley pass with Karl Robinson, loud speaker. Preferably the one he did after Shrewsbury away last season or the transfer deadline day one
    Friday could be retaliation day then when it dawns on Robinson his strikeforce until January is Magennis, Hackett-Fairchild and an injured Hanlan.
  • edited August 2017

charltonJ said:

If you're referring to Cabbles point above and my similar point on the Southeastern thread then no clearly not. It was clear that whay we were referring to were daytrippers and tourists with no reason to travel at commuter time. Not people with genuine reasons and places to go.

I wish your son all the best.
    Yeah didn't it mean to come across like that sorry. My missus has had a few comments on the train up and is always worried about it because he can be a handful at times. I normally end up missing some work, always a nightmare! Cheers mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Charles Dagnall, Dan Norcross and Graeme Swann. The three of them are collectively and individually killing a great British institution.

good list .. I'd add Aggers, Blowers (thank the lord he's orf soon), Boycott and all the other 'commentators' who have turned T M S into a not at all funny 'comedy' fest and in Boycott's case 'all my yesterdays 'from Yorkshire' (and how come this woman beating, racist creep still has a job)..
    Ed Smith, Vaughan, Marks, Mann and Mitchell are the few left who report and comment on what is actually going on
    Boycott is brilliant. He knows more about cricket than anyone else on the planet. He's a Yorkshire man in his 70's so he is going to say things that some these days find uncomfortable, that's not an excuse but a reason. However he is NOT a racist and he has not been convicted of assault in this country and to this day vehemently denies the French prosecution.
    He is an ass sometimes because the likes of Agnew, Swann etc love to wind him up, and it's very easy to do so. Left alone to talk cricket he is in a class of his own. He is not like Fred Trueman in the "In my day" stakes, Ian Botham is the current king of that trait.
  • I quite enjoy it when they wind Boycott up. This one went on a bit, but edited hilights here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cDRZemF2Ow
  • Have to say, one of the most stupidest ideas, putting a mini market in petrol stations!

Convenient of course but bloody annoying when waiting for some dick to finish and then return to their vehicle!
  • We've probably had this but fat people wearing leggings. Christ are they blind or summink, NO, it's disgusting. I don't want to be subjected to your fat arse and gut.

It makes me want to puke!
  • Have to say, one of the most stupidest ideas, putting a mini market in petrol stations!

Convenient of course but bloody annoying when waiting for some dick to finish and then return to their vehicle!

The real issue is people parking at the pumps to use the retail element, now I don't question this has made the world a more convenient place but petrol forecourts that cannot afford the space to make provision for people only buying shit from the shop.
  • The fact the world has completely lost its sense of humour.

Chris Hoy having to apologise for 'body shaming' when he claimed anyone over 8 stone looks terrible in Lycra is utterly ridiculous. Clearly he meant Lycra was a horrible and unflattering form of clothing rather than people over 8 stone being overweight or deformed.

I'd personally have gone further than Chris Hoy. Anyone who walks in to their local coffee shop dressed in Lycra after a sweaty bike ride with their bulge or grand canyon sized camel toe at eye level of sat down customers should be locked up for public indecency.

Oh FFS, anything I can't do. ;)image
  • The fact that even with a licence endorsement and big fine, I see hundreds of arseholes daily lane hogging/drifting aimlessly in the middle or outside lane and using mobile phone handsets. Both of which I suppose actual human police officers to do anything about of which we have fewer every year
  • We've probably had this but fat people wearing leggings. Christ are they blind or summink, NO, it's disgusting. I don't want to be subjected to your fat arse and gut.

It makes me want to puke!

Blame it on the fact that they don't have any friends to say you look hideous in that get up.
  • Carter said:

Have to say, one of the most stupidest ideas, putting a mini market in petrol stations!

The real issue is people parking at the pumps to use the retail element, now I don't question this has made the world a more convenient place but petrol forecourts that cannot afford the space to make provision for people only buying shit from the shop.
    Here they will fill up, and then stop and have a coffee while their car is still at the pump! And the bloke on the till has to make the coffee, so everyone waiting to pay is inconvenienced too...

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!