Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• For those of you with back problems - or any physical ailments for that matter - I'd strongly recommend the Alexander Technique. I suffered with back problems for years to the point where it was debilitating not to mention soul destroying.
    After a month of weekly lessons I was pain free, flexible and felt ten years younger.
    It's not for everyone and it requires 'changing' the habits of a lifetime and being open-minded to the technique. You are a pupil learning the technique rather than a patient who is to be 'cured'.
    I'm going this afternoon and can't wait.
  • 300 arrests and 28 police officers injured in what was meant to be the carnival for grenfell, the double standards in the way media report things in general.

In context though 2 or 3 million attended.

So a miniscule number of arrests. And although I wouldn't want anyone injured without knowing the severity and whether all were from assaults the number means whatever you want to impose on it.
  • iainment said:

300 arrests and 28 police officers injured in what was meant to be the carnival for grenfell, the double standards in the way media report things in general.

So a miniscule number of arrests. And although I wouldn't want anyone injured without knowing the severity and whether all were from assaults the number means whatever you want to impose on it.
    2,427,303 attended euro 2016 30 england fans arrested out of a total 552 arrested for the whole tournament, i think we all know what sort of coverage both recieved, england fans as a collective were labelled, as drunks, violent, racist.

if any other event had the arrest figures for the same type of offences as the notting hill carnival it would be closed down, at wembley in the playoff final 500 millwall fans max ran on to the pitch, yet a lot on here were calling for millwall supporters to be banned from wembley, and labelling them scum etc.
  • 999 arrests in total
  • People bringing their kids up town this week when the trains are screwed.
  • iainment said:

300 arrests and 28 police officers injured in what was meant to be the carnival for grenfell, the double standards in the way media report things in general.

2,427,303 attended euro 2016 30 england fans arrested out of a total 552 arrested for the whole tournament, i think we all know what sort of coverage both recieved, england fans as a collective were labelled, as drunks, violent, racist.

if any other event had the arrest figures for the same type of offences as the notting hill carnival it would be closed down, at wembley in the playoff final 500 millwall fans max ran on to the pitch, yet a lot on here were calling for millwall supporters to be banned from wembley, and labelling them scum etc.
    You're too sensitive.
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

You're too sensitive.
    not really but hardly a minuscule amount of arrests any other event would be closed down.

must be a huge cost for the police.

• When you're half an hour late into work and some random has already parked themselves at your desk. Not only that but in that short space of time they've managed to adjust (and fuck up) your chair, your screens heights and brightness, your phone, the cabling which was all neatly down the back of the desk is now fucked in something resembling a bird's nest. They've eaten all over the place with crumbs everywhere and stuck in the keyboard. And finally they've moved my draws for some unexplained reason.

What the fuck are you doing. If you sit at someone else's desk make sure they're not actually in that day and have the respect to not fuck it all up.

I never think about the problems folk may have at work, I just want my burger. ;)
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

You're too sensitive.
    You're the one questioning something that annoys someone else
  • edited August 2017

People bringing their kids up town this week when the trains are screwed.

Yes. I despair of seeing any prams or children on my commute home during the school holidays. I'm not a parent and I appreciate days out are important, but please, if you're going into central london, why can't it be done between 10-4

Why stress everyone out (including themselves) by trying to infiltrate rush hours
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

People bringing their kids up town this week when the trains are screwed.

Yes. I despair of seeing any prams or children on my commute home during the school holidays. I'm not a parent and I appreciate days out are important, but please, if you're going into central london, why can't it be done between 10-4

Why stress everyone out (including themselves) by trying to infiltrate rush hours
    this, also school trips that decide to journey home at 5, the other week there was 3 carriages on the 5.31 from victoria banked out with school kids, bit of a pisstake really.
  • While we're at it, big groups of European exchange students. Nightmare at any time of day, and impossible to navigate around.
  • The fact that Sky Sports cant confine Deadline Day to actual Deadline Day now!!... Load of overhyped nonsense, we now have to endure their Presenters telling us the best bit of news they ever remember!!

• iainment said:

iainment said:

You're too sensitive.
    not really but hardly a minuscule amount of arrests any other event would be closed down.

must be a huge cost for the police.

i.e. the taxpayer
  • Riviera said:

Charles Dagnall, Dan Norcross and Graeme Swann. The three of them are collectively and individually killing a great British institution.

good list .. I'd add Aggers, Blowers (thank the lord he's orf soon), Boycott and all the other 'commentators' who have turned T M S into a not at all funny 'comedy' fest and in Boycott's case 'all my yesterdays 'from Yorkshire' (and how come this woman beating, racist creep still has a job)..
    Ed Smith, Vaughan, Marks, Mann and Mitchell are the few left who report and comment on what is actually going on
  • People with stupid ring tones on their mobiles & want everyone to know.

I'm currently sitting in a waiting area at the hospital (with my phone on silent) and some numpty has a scooby doo ring tone / alert and its gone off half a dozen times in the last 20 mins. Bloody irratating and childish......he's about 45.

I'm currently sitting in a waiting area at the hospital (with my phone on silent) and some numpty has a scooby doo ring tone / alert and its gone off half a dozen times in the last 20 mins. Bloody irratating and childish......he's about 45.

Jinkies.

Bloody young one's, just showing off, he will grow out of it :wink:
  • When my back goes, first time 3 years ago, couldnt move for a week, did it reaching for a tea cup......!
    Every now and then I get a twinge, but know if I do some gentle back rotations it clicks and all is good.
    Last week I was doing some training at my club, stuff I've been doing for years, sparring, brake falls, bag and pad work, smashed it no probs, you get the idea.
    Yesterday I picked up a small pallet, weighs bugger all, and the bastard just went....Im walking like Ive just filled the back of my pants up....FFS.

Getting old is just dog shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Vinnie V. said:

Having to stop for Automatic sliding doors that leave you waiting just long enough that for a breif second you think they might be broken.

and then you start to reach out with your hand and they move, leaving you looking a twat!
  • edited August 2017
    Carter said:

Helping someone else at work out massively and not only not being thanked for absolutely digging them out of the mess they had made but also being asked to do more to make them look good, fuuuuck offf

What happens when you accept a job @PitchUK ;)
  • Having to skip 23 pages of a thread because someone has linked you and you are intrigued

Thanks @MrOneLung

And to find you being linked with me in the same breath. How unlucky is that?!!
  • Katie Hopkins has always annoyed the fuck out of me. This latest incident is a good example of why…

Katie Hopkins' attempt to shame barrister on Twitter for having an Etonian father backfires - The Independent
    https://apple.news/A49FeRZe1R-WeMAg9fMpN6g
  • People who take the Facebook meaning of the word "friend" to mean that you actually have to be friends with someone to have them on your list

Why teles are measured corner to corner and not just done in height and width

The only measurement you need to know is 65 inch. Anything bigger is great, anything smaller is a tablet not a tele.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!