Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• The bloody local rail company, who have decided to do their major engineering works between 2am and 6am on the hottest nights of the year!!!! I'm either awake with the windows open because of the noise or I'm awake suffocating because of the heat with the windows shut.
  • Sitting on the toilet, having forgotten to put the seat down - gave me a real turn. #Rightbummer!
  • edited August 2017

Pret staff not putting serviettes in the bag.

As an alternative, staff who put a serviette on top or underneath a melted cheese sandwich, ensuring serviette gets stuck to sandwich and cheese!

• Pret staff not putting serviettes in the bag.

As an alternative, staff who put a serviette on top or underneath a melted cheese sandwich, ensuring serviette gets stuck to sandwich and cheese!
    I fucking hate that! I can tolerate and not become nauseous at eating a burger from tracing paper type wrapping but a serviette attached to food sets my gag reflex off. Don't know why. Beyond me finding that uncomfortable, I'm not sure anyone chooses to eat toilet paper
  • Parent and child parking at the supermarket, but only when the kids and mum stay in the car whilst the obese dad runs out to get a pie or something.
  • Parent and child parking at the supermarket, but only when the kids and mum stay in the car whilst the obese dad runs out to get a pie or something.

I understand there's a big thread on mumsnet this evening asking:
    How old do your kids need to be for it to become unacceptable to park in a parent and child space?

How old do your kids need to be for it to become unacceptable to park in a parent and child space?
    I saw a Mum helping her daughter at a self-service check-out at a Tesco last night. The daughter was at least in her early twenties. I imagine these people think it is still ok to use a parent and child space.

The answer should be 5, and there should be at least 2 children. In reality the age is seemingly in direct proportion to how much of the parents flabby arses stick out of their Adidas track suit bottoms.
  • Rubberneckers and the traffic chaos they cause.

My son drives me in them now :smile:

Kidding!
  • Sponsored links:

I used to moan about parent & child parking spaces saying that we are all using the same facilities so we should all be able to park in the same spaces (apart from disabled (obviously they should have special parking bays ) Then I had children & thought it was a godsend that these spaces were bigger as it is a faff getting kids in&out of the car in carrycots or just having to lean in & do up their seats belts.

However, I was on holiday recently with all 3 & as they are now aged 13,12 & 10 I wondered whether it was still ok to park in these spaces. I then though f**k it, they are still children, so why not !!
  • LenGlover said:

Rubberneckers and the traffic chaos they cause.

People moaning about 'rubberneckers'. It's perfectly natural behaviour and anything else is sheer folly.
  • Dunking your 'Nice' biscuit in your tea and the fucker breaks, you put your fingers to retrieve the bits and burn them.

Pete Kaye does a brilliant routine about this.

P.S. On no account dunk Nice biscuits in your tea.
  • Dunking your 'Nice' biscuit in your tea and the fucker breaks, you put your fingers to retrieve the bits and burn them.

What about shit biscuits?
  • Transfer Window.
  • People who tuck their polo shirts into their trousers!
  • Currys PC World. It is to retail appliances what roly is to football club stewardship and latrine is to honesty.
    Massive bunch of crooks peddling piss poor shit boxed up as goods, then having the brass neck to say "tough luck sucker we've got your money and you can do one" when I take the shit back cos it doesn't work or isn't the size they said it should be.
    Do yourselves a favour people, shop elsewhere, anywhere else, we'll all live longer.
    The sooner this scumbucket goes bust the better for all concerned.

If the product doesn't work or is not the size its stated on the box then under the "sale of goods" act you are legally entitled to a full refund.

or do I suspect that you are just p*****d off that you bought something that you are now not happy with & its your mistake.
    Sale of Goods act superseded by the Consumer Rights Act but yes thanks I'm aware Currys are flagrantly ignoring the law as it stands. They never get as far as denying one's right to a refund, they insist on repairing faulty goods, not even replacing the failed appliance with another. The 'repair assessment' doesn't even have a fixed time in which the item will be returned. My mistake was to return to this bunch of crooks who rely on the sheer effort and expense of bringing them to account when the items they peddle prove faulty, inadequate, wrongly described, whatever. There is no point getting wound up by trying to argue with a slack jawed company operative who knows no more than the lies his employer fed him. Currys occupy a virtual monopoly position in the domestic appliance market and abuse it royally. Good luck if what you buy lasts a reasonable amount of time, if not Currys obfuscate until you give up, regardless of the facts, your rights, or the law. 120 mile round trip to the nearest John Lewis now the least bad option.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rubberneckers.
    Bunging up the nations motorways to satisfy your own macabre interest in whatever it is that might be happening on the other carriageway, if only you could get a good look.
    Rubbernecking is offensive on so many levels:
    Holding up everybody behind you is discourteous.
    Not looking where you're going when driving a car is a criminal offense - Careless Driving
    Poking your nose into something that doesn't concern you is impolite in any circumstance.

Look where you're going, all the time, or tear up your driving licence, give away the car and take the bus you self-obsessed, criminally negligent, ghoulish shitcnuts.

35 minutes to travel 3 miles on a 4 lane motorway simply because a few miserable wankstains feel the need to oggle whatever it was plod were up to on the hard shoulder of the opposite carriageway - to be clear I was a passenger not a driver - like you can see over the armco and the vehicles between you and them anyway FFS.

Whats worse is its happening not just with accidents now but if there is ANY sort of car over on the hard shoulder... Was crawling along the A2 between Dartford Heath and the M25 last night after work and the traffic suddenly picked up and cleared after I could see out the corner of my eye that there was a car broken down on the hard shoulder!!

Dont need to be bloody nosey at every little thing.
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Have to say, one of the most stupidest ideas, putting a mini market in petrol stations!

Convenient of course but bloody annoying when waiting for some dick to finish and then return to their vehicle!

"Has it got a mini mart?"

"Pardon, a what?"

"A mini mart. it's like a scaled down version of supermarket, fits inside a petrol station, sells pies, anti-freeze, that sort of thing"
    People being an arse, just for the sake of it. When they know perfectly well, what the poster is talking about;)

I couldn't be bothered to put Supermarket, because ones in petrol stations don't come across as particularly "Super!" considering how annoying they can be.
    Don't mind me mate. It's a quote from an Alan partridge episode. Sorry, can't help myself. Do it all the time. Did it to a woman on LinkedIn once :smiley:
    Very curious on the linkedin one! What quote did you use and what had she said?

Quoting partridge/brent is one of the most satisfying things one can do, in my opinion.
    Mate it was perfect. I did actually screen grab it and put it on here once, but I've looked back through the search function and can't find it. It was a few years ago. Basically some random woman came up on my feed with the question

"It's your last day on earth, how would you spend it"

I replied using the lines from the 2nd series where AP is doing his bank holiday weekend call in show about what listeners are doing. So I replied back to her

"I'd like to go to Legoland with Sean Connery and afterwards we'd go into the centre of Windsor and have a lovely lamb roast/lunch"

She must've been American or something because she then replied

"Gee that's great Robert, you certainly sound like a man who knows what he wants and is living life to the full"

To which I replied

"Actually, I don't think that would be Connery's cup of tea, I think he'd much rather go to the wild fowl park and then after have a nice big bottle of scotch"

The immense pleasure I got from just that silly interaction with some random on LinkedIn was enough of a partridge boost

My dream would be to get interviewed by a news reporter on st Patrick's day and do the Irish are going through a major image change bit, see how far I get before they realise I'm talking gibberish - actually dropped that one on the latest Brexit thread the other day, purely for my own sad amusement
    Dere's more to Ireland dan dis.
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Have to say, one of the most stupidest ideas, putting a mini market in petrol stations!

Convenient of course but bloody annoying when waiting for some dick to finish and then return to their vehicle!

"Has it got a mini mart?"

"Pardon, a what?"

"A mini mart. it's like a scaled down version of supermarket, fits inside a petrol station, sells pies, anti-freeze, that sort of thing"
    People being an arse, just for the sake of it. When they know perfectly well, what the poster is talking about;)

I couldn't be bothered to put Supermarket, because ones in petrol stations don't come across as particularly "Super!" considering how annoying they can be.
    Don't mind me mate. It's a quote from an Alan partridge episode. Sorry, can't help myself. Do it all the time. Did it to a woman on LinkedIn once :smiley:
    Very curious on the linkedin one! What quote did you use and what had she said?

Quoting partridge/brent is one of the most satisfying things one can do, in my opinion.
    Mate it was perfect. I did actually screen grab it and put it on here once, but I've looked back through the search function and can't find it. It was a few years ago. Basically some random woman came up on my feed with the question

"It's your last day on earth, how would you spend it"

I replied using the lines from the 2nd series where AP is doing his bank holiday weekend call in show about what listeners are doing. So I replied back to her

"I'd like to go to Legoland with Sean Connery and afterwards we'd go into the centre of Windsor and have a lovely lamb roast/lunch"

She must've been American or something because she then replied

"Gee that's great Robert, you certainly sound like a man who knows what he wants and is living life to the full"

To which I replied

"Actually, I don't think that would be Connery's cup of tea, I think he'd much rather go to the wild fowl park and then after have a nice big bottle of scotch"

The immense pleasure I got from just that silly interaction with some random on LinkedIn was enough of a partridge boost

My dream would be to get interviewed by a news reporter on st Patrick's day and do the Irish are going through a major image change bit, see how far I get before they realise I'm talking gibberish - actually dropped that one on the latest Brexit thread the other day, purely for my own sad amusement
    You two seen Richard Madeley lately? :lol:

Parent and child parking at the supermarket is fine - it just needs to be in the furthest corner of the car park from the doors so the bone idle obese hoards get a minute or two's exercise, ever, and the wheezing parent gets to finish their fags on the way and aren't stinking up the doorways with their foul, toxic habit.
    Actually supermarkets need to make all spaces the size of parent and child parking or disabled spaces.

Modern parking spaces in supermarkets are to small for SUV's or larger family cars especially if you don't want your car scratched by some stupid scroat who can't park straight.

What about shit biscuits?
    Depends how solid they are.
  • When the Jehovah Witness on your sofa suddenly gets up and says

"I've got to go, I've got other people to see."
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!