Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Ok, I remember Bobby Robson saying the same when we beat Newcastle.
  • Builders and Architects, shifty, unhelpful cnuts the lot of them......
  • Motorcyclists who do not acknowledge you when you move over in your car in slow moving traffic to let them pass.
  • Greenie said:

Builders and Architects, shifty, unhelpful cnuts the lot of them......

What does @Greenie Junior do again?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Greenie said:

Electrician.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Greenie said:

Electrician Daz.
  • edited May 2017

Motorcyclists who do not acknowledge you when you move over in your car in slow moving traffic to let them pass.

Yes to this, I ride and if I'm filtering many car drivers do move over for me, I always acknowledge.
    Ive moved over for some hero bikers before and nothing, bloody Valentino wannabes......
  • Ah I just saw he was in construction, assumed builder lol!
  • People voting Labour, driving down the exchange rate and hurting me right where it hurts, in the pocket! Hope you're proud
  • Sponsored links:

• The thirteen million dollar price tag for Rolls Royce's new Sweptail.

And even then, they put the doors on the wrong way round,
  • edited June 2017

People voting Labour, driving down the exchange rate and hurting me right where it hurts, in the pocket! Hope you're proud

LOL - not biting, Brexit voter... (oh hang on - I just did...). :lol:
  • People voting Labour, driving down the exchange rate and hurting me right where it hurts, in the pocket! Hope you're proud

LOL - not biting, Brexit voter... (oh hang on - I just did...). :lol:
    Does sound ridiculous though doesn't it, and there are genuinely people I have spoken to here who think that
  • LuckyReds said:

The last 3 weeks. Doing a job to help an ex-boss; a guy that absolutely loathes me but seems to think I'm good at what I do.

One week in and I got to know the office manager over company drinks; she's a frisky little Aussie minx and we got on a bit too well. End result is that some c*nt who is clearly besotted with her got all nasty on the evening, and has now taken to following me around the office when she's not at her desk. He's followed me to the Kitchen and stood there keeping an eye on the two of us, he's followed me to the bogs and he's full of passive aggressive snark. I wouldn't mind, but he's 30 and built like a brick shithouse: he's old enough to know better, and good looking enough to man up and woo her.

I've worked on nothing that I was supposed too, instead doing mind-numbingly dull shit - whilst watching the permie look confused and waste days doing what I was brought in to do. I've offered assistance, but his little fragile ego took that as a threat and he now views me with utter suspicion. Oh well, I'm not here long enough to really give a shit.

Now, it's my last day, and I'm getting blanked by the entire team. They refuse to review my work, refuse to assign me anything else, and ultimately are pretending I don't exist. My crime? Politely telling them that their approach is going to be difficult to maintain long-term. I'm guessing sitting at my desk laughing and saying "Are you f*cking serious?" and "What the f*ck is this?" to myself most of yesterday didn't help.

Fortunately it's company drinks tonight, so I can get leathered and give them all a few truths whilst I woo the Aussie some more. Seriously, developers are fucking bellends.

Good luck with the Aussie, I've heard they're quite fun... If you get my drift.
  • LuckyReds said:

The last 3 weeks. Doing a job to help an ex-boss; a guy that absolutely loathes me but seems to think I'm good at what I do.

One week in and I got to know the office manager over company drinks; she's a frisky little Aussie minx and we got on a bit too well. End result is that some c*nt who is clearly besotted with her got all nasty on the evening, and has now taken to following me around the office when she's not at her desk. He's followed me to the Kitchen and stood there keeping an eye on the two of us, he's followed me to the bogs and he's full of passive aggressive snark. I wouldn't mind, but he's 30 and built like a brick shithouse: he's old enough to know better, and good looking enough to man up and woo her.

I've worked on nothing that I was supposed too, instead doing mind-numbingly dull shit - whilst watching the permie look confused and waste days doing what I was brought in to do. I've offered assistance, but his little fragile ego took that as a threat and he now views me with utter suspicion. Oh well, I'm not here long enough to really give a shit.

Now, it's my last day, and I'm getting blanked by the entire team. They refuse to review my work, refuse to assign me anything else, and ultimately are pretending I don't exist. My crime? Politely telling them that their approach is going to be difficult to maintain long-term. I'm guessing sitting at my desk laughing and saying "Are you f*cking serious?" and "What the f*ck is this?" to myself most of yesterday didn't help.

Fortunately it's company drinks tonight, so I can get leathered and give them all a few truths whilst I woo the Aussie some more. Seriously, developers are fucking bellends.

I had a manager who acted as though I personally slighted him by me handing in my notice. 3 weeks prior to me leaving I asked for something to do, like work, but was told the wasn't any, we are up to date with everything and nothing new on the horizon. So I sat there for a few days playing on my computer, then thought bugger this, this is soul destroying. So I didn't bother turning up again. I don't think I was missed much.
  • When it rains it pours; she's just popped over to my desk (first person to talk to me all day!) and asked if I'm going for drinks later. I said I am, then she said she's got BJJ (fnarr fnarr) training so she wouldn't be able to make it; but not to leave without saying goodbye properly to her and grabbing her for a chat.

If I don't get her to knock one J off that training session tonight then the last 3 weeks will have been in vein, lads.
  • LuckyReds said:

When it rains it pours; she's just popped over to my desk (first person to talk to me all day!) and asked if I'm going for drinks later. I said I am, then she said she's got BJJ (fnarr fnarr) training so she wouldn't be able to make it; but not to leave without saying goodbye properly to her and grabbing her for a chat.

If I don't get her to knock one J off that training session tonight then the last 3 weeks will have been in vein, lads.

Move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2017
    LuckyReds said:

When it rains it pours; she's just popped over to my desk (first person to talk to me all day!) and asked if I'm going for drinks later. I said I am, then she said she's got BJJ (fnarr fnarr) training so she wouldn't be able to make it; but not to leave without saying goodbye properly to her and grabbing her for a chat.

Take trumps advice... Grab her by the :cookie:... then be prepared to be tossed.... to the floor and punched in the throat.
  • OR

Ask her what is more important for her a 1hr BJJ session or a 3hr (3 seconds) Session after some drinks
  • LuckyReds said:

Fuck his mum, see how he likes those apples
  • When you get to a junction - say a roundabout - and you can hear the siren of a nearby ambulance. You stop before entering onto the roundabout, as does every other nearby vehicle, as the ambulance comes into view. You all wait patiently to see where the ambulance will go, before continuing your journey.

Except some prick behind you in a van, who's beeping his horn at you the whole time, gesturing for you to go forward, presumably to cut up the ambulance.

Similar thing happened to me the other day. Needed to turn left but there was a cyclist just ahead of me and not enough time to overtake and turn without either hitting him or making him break, so I just drove behind with my signal on waiting for him to pass the road. Moron behind in a van starts beeping me. Urgh.
  • LuckyReds said:

Please let us know how that goes.

Happy to be of service.
  • The snide encroachment of Google with anything to do with my phone.
    Start Googling, How do I stop Google encroaching with...
    BASTAAAAARDS!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!